Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

Including Ads In Your Captcha

I can't remember exactly which ad network was offering these ads but I did notice that a lot of link directories were using them. Basically, this involves replacing your regular captcha with an advertisement. The words that the person would have to type in for the catcha were directly related to the ad. I don't know how well this would work for an advertiser but it does seem like a great way for website owners to monetize their forms.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

I don't know how well it would work but I have heard some people say don't leave comments on blogs who use captcha. I know that this one blog I visit I have been trying to leave a comment on it but the captcha which is a number's question will not allow me to post a comment. The answer is correct because it is a simple addition question. I wrote and told the blog owner what was going on. She said she was going to get it fixed but the last time I tried to leave a comment it hadn't been fixed yet. I find that very irritating and definitely a turn off.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Contributing Member

I hate captchas. They deter me from signing up/leaving comments because I know I get them right and they still dont work. Please dont use this

Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy303 View Post
I hate captchas. They deter me from signing up/leaving comments because I know I get them right and they still dont work. Please dont use this
Blog owners use a captcha to prevent automated bots from replying. This is not 100% the fix as I have learned, spammers still submit junk.

This captcha ad's that webmasters make money off is a turnoff for me. I use a plain old captcha form. I may get rid of this soon as i'm trying to work on better security to stop bot's from submitting.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Contributing Member

No matter how irritating captchas are, publishers have starting making money from it.

You see, big publishers love optimization and any innovative source of extra money is good for them. They have so much traffic that such small additions may give large amount of surplus income (might be low in percentage terms though). This is one website which has been a captcha ad network for some time - nlpcaptcha.in

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue