Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 07-21-2006, 11:48 PM

Monetizing too quickly

Hi

I have noticed this a lot since being on this forum; people trying to make as much money as possible before their business has even started. I have always believed, in any business, that it is better to get every working, running, have good customer service, administration, marketing and build up customers, before moving on to making money.

You can really neglect the basics if money is all you think about; without the basics any business in doomed to failure.

I just have the feeling that people starting websites put immediate profit before anything else and then fail.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

B2W

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2006, 11:59 PM
aka Colleen

Nothing to disagree with there, you've got to consider all facets, I'm sure if you just focused on the monetary gains you'd be doomed for failure.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:34 AM

I think a lot of people agree that if you like what your business is selling and you want to help others your more likely to be successful. Money is mostly a tool to get things done. Money is also mostly just an i.o.u. for services or products.

A focus on money might just be a focus on staying in business. Debt can be the ruin of any business.

If you can do what you love in a business and make money at the same time you might be more successful.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:23 PM

Couldn't agree more, I get angry when I see the first question a person asks is what is my adsense position like....

Get you site looking good, get some traffic then consider the best way to monetize it..

Old 07-29-2006, 03:51 PM

If you are selling products, definantly. If you mean more like, a "bussiness," then yes, build trust and great customer support before anything else. Once you finally have customers, then think of monetizing your site.

If you are making something, such as a gaming or video site though, then there is a different story You don't really have trust in the customers or need much support.

Now, if anyone understood what I said, please tell me, because I had a hard time understanding what I was thinking.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue