Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 05-28-2013, 10:38 AM

Local classifieds site vs Facebook?

Hi all, i have a local interest website thats getting a decent amount of visitors. i was thinking of making a classifieds page on the site and charging a small fee for listing, but then i look at facebook and people are selling items on there without the need of a classifieds site.

my question is-should i even bother? How can i make my site seem like the place to sell locally?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

I would stick to Facebook unless you have a ton of capital to spend. Facebook is obviously free and you can reach a bigger audience.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM
v7n Mentor

Homeriscool,

I think whether or not you pursue anything (whether it’s your classified idea or something else), it should be based on how good your idea is and how passionate you are about it. I think if you are just looking to place a text box where someone can upload text and maybe some images to a portion of your site and it won’t be anything that great, then yes it will waste your time.

If on the other hand you have an innovative idea that sets you apart from other sites (even if just in perception) and you are passionate about it, then no, it won’t be waste of your time. I suppose what I’m saying is that you shouldn’t go after it halfheartedly and it should be something that you can’t get anywhere else or at least a portion of it.

There is always a market for advertising space but you have to position yourself right and be prepared to compete.

Best,

Shawn

Old 07-07-2013, 04:05 AM
Contributing Member

if you have a good facebook general fan page with large fan base,then I think it's better to use that fan page to post content and charge a small fee rather than using a section of your site. (If your site has a good fan base and its a general site, then you can use your local site..)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue