Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 07-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Contributing Member

using adense or other? Help me please!!

I'm currently looking for adsene and some alternatives to run ads on my site.. I want your help about which ad service are you using, what's your daily traffic and how much you earn from it? plz help me

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 05:30 AM
Contributing Member

I get a substantial income on all of my sites from Google and would recommend it. Of course, the older your site is the more highly google ranks it, and the more likely it will have substantial content and be linked to from social media sites.

To give you an example of how much can be made on reasonably sized sites, I have about eighteen websites and make about $150 US dollars per SITE per MONTH!

Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by technol View Post
I get a substantial income on all of my sites from Google and would recommend it. Of course, the older your site is the more highly google ranks it, and the more likely it will have substantial content and be linked to from social media sites.

To give you an example of how much can be made on reasonably sized sites, I have about eighteen websites and make about $150 US dollars per SITE per MONTH!
How much traffic you receive (impressions? clicks?) to make $150 in a month?

Old 07-27-2013, 06:41 AM
Contributing Member

Adsense is most probably the best way to go, as a universal publishing platform. And obviously trusted.

I only have one site currently, because of lack of time to work on other projects, about $220/month.

I have around 25,000 unique visitors to my blog... But unfortunately it's not a good idea to post impression amounts.

I'd say Adsense is as good, if not better than any other ad publishing platform.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGNetwork View Post
Adsense is most probably the best way to go, as a universal publishing platform. And obviously trusted.

I only have one site currently, because of lack of time to work on other projects, about $220/month.

I have around 25,000 unique visitors to my blog... But unfortunately it's not a good idea to post impression amounts.

I'd say Adsense is as good, if not better than any other ad publishing platform.
25000 unique visitors daily or monthly?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Contributing Member

It varies. What is important is that the page content must be excellent. If the page content is good then visitors will visit that page who are interested in the content, and the ads will be on the same subject so of interest to them. So every ad is of interest to visitors visiting that particular page.

You can have thousands of visitors, but if they are not interested in the content they will not be interested in the ads either.

It starts with good content. If you've got that then you only need hundreds of visitors not thousands. Better a hundred visitors being fed ads they are interested in, than thousands of visitors being fed ads (or content) they have no interest in. Not only that, but if the content is good people return, so the unique numbers may be small but they are quality visitors visiting quality sites in their particular niche.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Contributing Member

Adsense is of course your best option to monetising your website, however it doesnt have to end there.
I recommend using Infolinks too run alongside your adsense. It wont make you as much as Adsense but it will top up your earnings each month.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdose View Post
Adsense is of course your best option to monetising your website, however it doesnt have to end there.
I recommend using Infolinks too run alongside your adsense. It wont make you as much as Adsense but it will top up your earnings each month.
Yeah I'll apply for adsense!

Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzaima Khan View Post
Yeah I'll apply for adsense!
Get Infolinks as well then , its easy to implement on any website software.
Infolinks will boost your earnings and isnt all that intrusive. They also do deals where if you recommend a fried you get double earnings! So its worth a look...

Old 07-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Get Infolinks as well then , its easy to implement on any website software.
Infolinks will boost your earnings and isnt all that intrusive. They also do deals where if you recommend a fried you get double earnings! So its worth a look...
Well I don't have too much trafic, so if my AdSense account is approved, I'll monetize it only, else I"ll move to Infolinks..

Old 07-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Well I don't have too much trafic, so if my AdSense account is approved, I'll monetize it only, else I"ll move to Infolinks..
You can use them both together. Use Adsense for your main adverts, and then use Infolinks as an in text advertising to increase your monies.

Dont just use one or the other, use both. It wont affect adsense using Infolinks at the same time.

You might also want to take a look at Kontera as an alternative to infolinks, im not sure if they pay more but they may do.

Also try using some clickbank ads for a different kind of traffic. Clickbank pay out a commision after an action from your users, E.G if a user from your site buys something through your Clickbank ads, you get a percentage of that sale.

All of these are worth trying out and finding what best suits you and your site.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
You can use them both together. Use Adsense for your main adverts, and then use Infolinks as an in text advertising to increase your monies.

Dont just use one or the other, use both. It wont affect adsense using Infolinks at the same time.

You might also want to take a look at Kontera as an alternative to infolinks, im not sure if they pay more but they may do.

Also try using some clickbank ads for a different kind of traffic. Clickbank pay out a commision after an action from your users, E.G if a user from your site buys something through your Clickbank ads, you get a percentage of that sale.

All of these are worth trying out and finding what best suits you and your site.
Well you're telling me to bury the content between ads and let my visitors go away from site?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Well you're telling me to bury the content between ads and let my visitors go away from site?
No thats not what im telling you at all. Im just trying to advise you the best method of monetising that i know how.

You dont just plaster adverts everywhere, you will have to be strategic about ad placement. Make channels and monitor adverts performance, some will out perform others so its worth monitoring them.

Use some common sense with ad placement and you should be ok.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
No thats not what im telling you at all. Im just trying to advise you the best method of monetising that i know how.

You dont just plaster adverts everywhere, you will have to be strategic about ad placement. Make channels and monitor adverts performance, some will out perform others so its worth monitoring them.

Use some common sense with ad placement and you should be ok.
Ohh got it, thanks for the advice.. Which ad network are you using?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Ohh got it, thanks for the advice.. Which ad network are you using?
As i stated earlier i use Adsense along with Infolinks. I am also now trying out Lijit.com but so far the CPM is low although they asure me that this will be rectified in the next 2 days.

lijit.com and Infolinks both offer a personal accounts manager so they do offer good support for people that are new to using ad networks to earn money from their sites.

Good luck and i hope it goes well.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
As i stated earlier i use Adsense along with Infolinks. I am also now trying out Lijit.com but so far the CPM is low although they asure me that this will be rectified in the next 2 days.

lijit.com and Infolinks both offer a personal accounts manager so they do offer good support for people that are new to using ad networks to earn money from their sites.

Good luck and i hope it goes well.
Can you tell me your earings from AdSense and how much traffic you have?

Old 07-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Can you tell me your earings from AdSense and how much traffic you have?
Im sorry i would rather not divulge my earnings, but traffic wise i get around 15,000+ uniques per day

Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Im sorry i would rather not divulge my earnings, but traffic wise i get around 15,000+ uniques per day
Ohh very good indeed

Quote:
What's your site's niche?

Last edited by snakeair; 07-28-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: merged post - use edit feature

Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

Lots of people are advising you to use infolinks as well as Google. I wouldn't. There is a good reason why there are only so many googleads that google will allow you to have, and that's because it has a detrimental effect even if they are just links.

Good site visitors come for the content not the ads. Google have quite a finely balanced maximum number of ads, and adding any other ads to their limit is really counter productive as they replace your content. You will lose good quality visitors (who are only there for the content and who click on the ads as a by-product of their visit). If your site looks good quality then you get good quality visitors, and they are more likely to want to purchase something advertised (discretely) on your site, and to run a mile from any site that sacrifices content to fill every available space with ads.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
25000 unique visitors daily or monthly?
25,000 unique visitors monthly.

It's also important to make sure you use Google Adsense's reconsiderations on the ad sizes, but its your responsibility to place the ads in a area you think they will be clicked more.

It's all well and good getting a lot of traffic, but you have to monetize your tactics, with a bit of trial and error to see what works best for your website.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue