Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 11-20-2013, 03:02 PM

How to charge for a text link (total annual rate)

I was contacted recently from a company wanting to place a text ad on my website for 12 months, and they are wondering how much I charge. I have never dealt with this issue before, so I don't know how much to ask for...I was hoping I could get some advice from everyone here.

I did some googling and it landed me here to posting where someone was asking the same question. They were open to "Nofollow" feature as well as $364 for 12 months.

I am assuming I sold myself short as they did not try to negotiate down at all. So I have a really STUPID question to ask? If I say $364, how do I do the calculation for the year? The reason I ask is that I saw where a member "janhvizdak" stated if he charged $90/6months would generate $5K/month salary. How does one calculate the "annual fee" to provide to my client who agrees to pay $364 for 12 months?

Thank you!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Contributing Member

I believe it goes by CPM which is usually about $3 for a thousand impressions. So if you place their ad on a page that averages about 10,000 impressions per month, that would be about $30 a month.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 AM

Terms & Conditions

Hi team,

This is my last stupid question for the week. So the client has accepted my 12-month fee for $365; however, since we are using PayPal, what "terms & conditions" should be noted in case I am contacted by someone else who wants to purchase text links as well?

What would you recommend? This is my first time and I just want to be fair and competitive in regards to what is out there in regards to text links...

Best regards,

Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM

The first thing I would note in the "terms & conditions" is the NOFOLLOW tag, make sure to include liability limitations in the case the server provider has a downtime, search engine rankings or sudden traffic drop and add everything that could go wrong.

Just remember to never accept money for a link without the nofollow, you may think that google won't notice it, but if they eventually do you can kiss your domain good bye.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the help. I just created the site for giggles and a great deal of traffic has come to it over the past two years. I'm trying to think of all the things that could go wrong. The intent of the creation of the site wasn't to make money, but to propogate my opinions and things of the such. When approached about selling text links, I didn't or don't know anything about it so that's why I am reaching out to you guys to reduce how much I DON"T KNOW to the client. I'm sure they've figured it out already given they accepted my first offer. Perhaps I cheated myself...

What specifics do you all include in your terms and conditions?

Old 11-25-2013, 02:36 PM

You won't need much, try any of the "Terms and Conditions Generator" in google and add some things specific to your situation as the ones I mentioned above.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue