Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 08-26-2006, 01:38 AM

Sell Ad Space - Text Links Ads

Any Tried Text-Link-Ads Publisher or Affiliate Program?
Tell me your response
and
Also tell about their Acceptance Procedure.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 PM

I work with Text-Link-Ads Publisher/ Affiliate Program about a month.

They have sold 3 links for me (website PR4).

150 clicks on their affiliate creatives resulted in zero income from the affiliate program.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl7
...They have sold 3 links for me (website PR4).

150 clicks on their affiliate creatives resulted in zero income from the affiliate program.
anyone know how much (in general) a pr4 link will fetch in text-link-ads? also for a pr 5 - how much?

thanks!

Old 09-11-2006, 07:26 AM

You might want to check out http://www.linkworth.com/ to discover the so called 'values' of a text link where it concerns PR. Be careful about transacting anything there, though. I have not had good experiences over all with their platform (especially getting paid) when I was experimenting there a year or so ago. I closed out our account.

I would just use that site for due diligence and as a study aid.

Hope that helps!

Lilly

Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss
anyone know how much (in general) a pr4 link will fetch in text-link-ads? also for a pr 5 - how much?

thanks!
I think a pr4 costs about $15-20 which the publsiher gets half.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl7
I've the same status & have already removed it from my sites.
It didn't work for me
BTW,if you want to sell/buy links,you could do the thing in quite a few forums.Like this one.I'm sure you'll earn more than on TLA.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

I've been with text-link-ads since February 2006 and have had no problems with them.
They pay, promptly, on the first of the month, every month.

As an affiliate, I have had 400 clicks and that resulted in 2 actual referrals.
(One was quite a while ago and I have been paid for it. One was too recent, but I expect I'll get paid for it on October 1st)

Other payments have come from being a publisher there as well.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:12 AM

I can vouch that they pay promptly via Paypal every month. I have a PR5 site that I've used them to place links on. I probably have sold about 4 ads with them each month, and they renew each month. It's not alot of money received, but it's better than nothing at all.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Update: I just got paid for the referral in September and the links as a publisher.

These guys are legit, for anyone who's thinking of signing up.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:38 PM

How about I give you real time updates of my experiences with them? I just signed up a week ago and this is what has happened so far:

1. Signed up a three-year-old PR4 site. When I registered, I got a coupon for $100 off of text link buys. I used it, spending $65 of my own money to advertise on two competing websites. I was hoping just to tick them off but they accepted my links. Links have been up for a few days and I'm getting zilch from them in referrals.

2. I put their code on my site and fumed for 24 hours as their script put a pointless TEXT LINK AD box on my site to check the code. That's exactly what it said and it boiled me to see that. They could at least make it a useful PSA or something. Stupid.

3. My site was accepted within 24 hours of signing up. I had no questions or contact from them.

4. Decided to sign up another site -- a PR5, DMOZ listed, heavily linked top of category type of site. My pride and joy. It was approved INSTANTLY. No questions asked.

5. I coded the PR5 site and watched as it sat on my homepage for SIX DAYS. I wrote in to complain. They sent me back a generic email saying I installed the code wrong. Sorry, I've been doing this for 10 years now and I had installed their code successfully not 24 hours before in a like manner. Now I was pissed.

6. I fired off another email complaining of this and the fact that they did not have a relevant category for my sites.

7. Got an email back in about two hours -- the ugly thing was gone from my page and my two sites headed up the new category. About frickin' time.

8. Got my notice today -- 10/6 -- that my sites and links are available for sale officially. We'll see how long it takes.

My sites are exceptionally seasonal. I get 5000 uniques a day now and will hit more than 60,000 per day come December. Alexa ranking goes goo-goo every year. We'll see if anyone picks up on this via their marketplace. I sell links myself for these sites. But I want something more automatic.

Let's see how they do.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:07 PM

Ed,

You have a very nice Christmas site. TLA is running an October promotion trying to get their advertisers to buy links to gear up for the holiday season, you may want to contct them directly and let them know of your holiday traffic.

Perhaps it will move them to push your site a bit among advertisers.

I do ok with TLA on a couple of my sites, and am looking to expand. It's a legit form of bringing in supplemental online income. Sometimes it takes a while for a site to take off in their network, but once it does the ads can become golden.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM

Well, the jury's still out on TLA as a venue for selling ads. My own ads -- banners and links where I sell them on the network -- are booming right now. But TLA hasn't provided me anything yet. We'll give them time.

But from the consumer side...meaning as a link buyer...I must confess to already canceling the ads I bought from them when I signed up. I just can't see buying a link for $45 a month that doesn't bring me a thing. I'm not happy with link placement on any of the pages I purchased and the traffic from them is minimal. Maybe I'd have to buy higher ranked sites to see a difference. But what they had to offer was pretty slim and just didn't offer the return on investment.

I have to wonder if customers are going to see my sites the same way. Hard to say.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:41 PM

TLA sold my first link today -- about two weeks after signing up. I made almost ten bucks. Part of me is ticked about that because I could sell a link that cheap for a PR5 site that is 7 years old, well indexed, DMOZ listed, etc.

But then again, if I can get 8x that amount on a monthly basis for doing NOTHING...I'll do it.

Let's see if they can keep it rolling.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:39 AM

I'm planning on joining up to sell space on my poker blog. I used their price tool, and it claims I could make almost $100 per month easily enough. Of course, that's assuming that anyone actually buys the links...

Still, I've generally only heard positive reviews of the company, so perhaps it's worth a bash. Thanks for your post Ed.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Contributing Member

I have been with Text-Link-Ads since March 06. So far I have made around $200 from selling links on my site and another $75 from 3 referrals by sending 257 visitors their way through the affiliate program link.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by john587 View Post
I have been with Text-Link-Ads since March 06. So far I have made around $200 from selling links on my site and another $75 from 3 referrals by sending 257 visitors their way through the affiliate program link.
You've done pretty well with referrals, then.

I've sent them a steady 50-60 referrals each month since February and I've only had 2 sign up.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:11 PM
v7n Mentor

I've been an advertiser, publisher, and affiliate for them and I have had great success all the way around. However, I will admit the affiliate sales are getting further between...but I attribute that to how many people are affiliating now.

Gotta get that 60 day cookie in there quick.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:32 PM
v7n Mentor

Huh. I used them for a little bit on my one site. Worked well enough, although I can sell links for more on my own than through TLA.

I wanted to put TLA on one of my sites recently, and it got rejected...which makes no sense as it has far more traffic and links than other sites I have done with them in the past. There's no illegal or objectionable content on it, so I haven't the slightest clue why it didn't go through.

So for now I am of the opinion that I'd rather not waste my time with them.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
v7n Mentor

I agree with being able to make more from selling links your self Julie, but I've got more sites than I care to market myself..as for the links, so it's convenient.

As for the rejection, some of the inventory they have with different niches are very heavy, was it a different niche than the sites you already have listed?

Old 11-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

FYI I just blogged about something I thought you may be interested in.

Text-Link-Ads is one of our 5 star clients. They just announced they are being acquired by MediaWhiz and will in the future be adding CPA, CPM and email advertising options to the mix.

Patrick Gavin, the president of Text-Link-Ads reports:
http://www.linkbuildingblog.com/2006...quired_by.html

So it sounds like even more ways for you guys to earn, will be coming soon.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue