Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-25-2014, 02:13 AM
Contributing Member

Help me with my website

Hello, I have a website bestsoccersite.com which is now 8 months old and I want to make more money with it. I published 35 posts until May. This month I have posted since now 9 posts and 2 of them are scheduled. This is my best month since I have a website, because I have made 4.01 €, but I think this is still a low earning. I have also monetized some post with amazon, but nobody buys anything (this month 116 clicks and 0$). Can you please help me, or give me some recommendations?
Thanks

Last edited by snakeair; 05-25-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2014, 03:20 AM
Contributing Member

Hardest part about making money is traffic, no traffic no money, low traffic low money etc consentrate on promoting your website and not making money, the first year or so I never had ads on my blogs full stop! Pointless

Hope it helped you

Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 PM

Traffic and ad placement can be two major things that affect ad revenue. Have you tried placing your ads in different spots? I moved one of my ads around my website and increased my earnings dramatically. It's all about experimenting with what works.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Contributing Member

It's not only depend on traffic.If you get traffic from only search engine then people's like to read ur post,but if you drive traffic with social media then people's just look out your site and in few second's close it. So better to convince your visitor to read your article that is done when you write article on well format. If you create niche blog then it's more helpful to earn easily.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

don't focus on products but focus on the value you give to the users.

Think of your website as a retail store, if you walk into a retail store and desperate looking saleswomen offers you all these products, I would be the first one out of the store.

Instead, let the readers learn what value they can get from your website.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

SEO might help you. So search engines will rank your site for specific keywords.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:52 PM
v7n Mentor

Just something I noticed. That top ad on the right hand side shows up near the bottom of the page for mobile users. Instead, move it over to above the slideshow, yes, it will look a little odd for desktop users, but not too bad. Also if you can put the same ad unit at the bottom just under the last post and above the "older posts" link. On the sidebar I would put a larger 160x600 vertical banner.

In all honesty, if the Amazon ads aren't working for you, best to take them down.

Hope that helps

PS I like your site.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

it looks like your blog lacks the punching content. your blog require complete re -vamping. even the category you selected does not fall under common interest. this is only short of information. it does not show any uniqueness.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Contributing Member

It may very competitive to earm money thorough the website, there are many things would be considerr to enhacne and to maintain the site for good earinings. The blog posting must not be posted wtih lack of attaractive offers.
SEO on the particular blog will help you to improve your tarffic as well as money.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

Im basically in the same boat with you with low traffic to amazon and no conversions. Right now, Im just taking it slow working my way up the serp one keyword at a time.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccam87 View Post
Hardest part about making money is traffic, no traffic no money, low traffic low money etc consentrate on promoting your website and not making money, the first year or so I never had ads on my blogs full stop! Pointless

Hope it helped you
I must agree with the low traffic low money part.

OP: Best thing you could do maybe is publish more interesting posts and advertise it, get more traffic that would ultimately convert to more money.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:22 AM
Contributing Member

Thank to all of you for help, I rearranged my website now, hope for better results!

Old 09-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Banned

You have to select longtail keywords and optimize the website. Do SEO for longtail keywords, You will be get relevant traffic with conversion.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

You have to get traffic , plain and simple. The more traffic you generate , the more chances of you making money.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Contributing Member

Just keep your posts interesting, and establish yourself as an expert. Attract traffic to you blog through social media pages, and blogs. If you have good pictures in there then use Instagram, and pin interest in their full power.

Like Landon said above, the more traffic you generate translated into the more money you make. The traffic should be organic ofocurse. Bought traffic won't do you any good.

Promote your blog on multiple social media such as facebook, twitter, and stumble. If you're worried about managing so many accounts then you can download dosocial and manage all these at once. Its a freemium so you won't have to pay for most features.

Once your blog is established, start an email newsletter too. Write personalized emails as if you're talking to a friend. Send informative stuff. DONT SEND ANYTHING THAT CAN BE TAKEN TO BE SPAM: THIS INCLUDES REPETITIVE PROMOTIONS.

If you wanna advertise then do it implicitly. Everyone knows you're blogging to make money, but your readers will be happy if it isn't obvious. They like interacting more with friends then businessman.

Finally if you're using emails then be sure to check their deliverability. Use winning email for a free checkup. Build clean lists, and keep them clean.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Banned

I think you should use just google adsense, and its revenue will be more than amazon

Old 11-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Banned

how have you got 116 clicks and $0? please enlighten us..

Old 11-17-2014, 09:56 PM

Dear friend you need to get real human traffic so before you are thinking to earn money with your website please make sure to do some good SEO. Get some good backlinks and share your sites via social medias like Facebook Twitter Google+ and make a FB fan page it will make you some good traffic.

Thanks.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:02 AM
Contributing Member

I think that you have started good and atleast have made something that is a good thing for any website owner. I can see that you are working hard on your website.
I will suggest only one thing that never try to over optimize for getting extra money, just have patience and try to wait for the website to get more authority and traffic, then your revenue will automatically get high.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:29 AM
Banned

Try to use social media tactics to drive more traffic.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread