Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 09-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Contributing Member

Is RocketProfit.com legitimate?

Hey everyone someone I met today told me about rocketprofit.com and how they were having good success with it. I went to sign up and they wanted a lot of personal information upfront, so I decided to do a bit of research. I haven't found anything solid that leads me to believe they are either safe or not...has anyone heard of or used rocketprofit? Or can anyone verify that they are a legitimate company?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM

http://www.imediaconnection.com/news/6690.asp
they look to be owned by Traffix

info on traffix:
http://www.traffixinc.com/
http://www.business.com/directory/me...,_inc/profile/

If I can find anything bad I'll post it.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNET Corrections Page
Inside @ccess
Correction: CNET stated in a recent column that Traffix Inc. of Pearl River, New York, was cited for 112 violations of New York State's Telemarketing statute and fined $244,000. Traffix was not cited for any such violations, nor was it fined. In fact, Psychic Readers Network (PRN) was charged with the violations and fined $224,000. CNET regrets this error.

According to the New York State Consumer Protection Board, "E-mails from 'Miss Cleo' and PRN are distributed by Traffix Inc., a direct marketing company in Pearl River, N.Y. Traffix has had a long-standing business relationship with PRN. It has operated PRN's telemarketing and provided network services while agreeing to drop its own 900 psychic service. Now Traffix provides a means for 'Miss Cleo' to reach millions of people through e-mail generated by a Traffix website called GroupLotto.com."
if it's good enough for miss cleo, then it's got to be good... she can see the future.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:36 PM

oh... and they are probably asking a TON of questions, because they are marketers.
I would look a the privacy policy to see how much is going to be sold to other complaines.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 PM

Hello CheebaHawk and JuggoPop,

I am a representative of RocketProfit, and am more than willing to answer any questions either of you may have about our signup proccess. First, I can assure you we are a legitimate company. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Traffix, Inc which is a public company listed on NASDAQ.

The personal info we ask is nothing more or less than most other affiliate networks will require from you to become an affiliate. It is info we need in order to pay you and if you are a US company / individual we have to provide to Uncle Sam so you pay taxes on your earnings.

Ironically, any info outside of that is to make sure potential affiliates are themselves legitimate. If you are uncomfortable or unsure how to answer certain questions, I'd be more than happy to speak with you one on one to help you decide if RP is a company you can benefit from working with before you sign up.
I can tell you we have many great exclusive offers you won't find anywhere else, as they are our own proprietary deals. Additionally, as our parent company is a huge interactive media company we are also publishers just like you, except we are one of the biggest in the business - Add that to the reach of our affiliate network and those synergies combine to justify the highest CPA's that we pass along to our affiliates which allow us to give you higher payouts on some offers you may very well be running already.

Also, I'd like to note, while we are online marketers we would never jeopardize the relationship of our affiliates by selling their personal info to other companies for a few pennies. The only marketing that would be made to you would be to inform you of new offers and payout changes. Thanks!

Last edited by HotRocketPhil; 10-05-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:15 AM

thanks for the response... and welcome to the forums.

I never meant to sound harsh about the info you collect... I just know from working in the marketing business before (offline) that all information is used. Even if it's not sold.

and it is true that any program out there is going to do the same.

thanks again for stopping by.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

Hello HotRocketPhil,

Thank you so much for the very informative reply. I actually do have one question, I believe I was referred to your service from someone using it on MySpace. If I remember correctly he said that it was within your terms of service to promote using MySpace bulletins!? Can you vouch for this? If so I think I will be very interested in setting up a RocketProfit account.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

I use RocketProfit and I have no problem with them....What kind of information do they ask you for?

They ask a lot of questions because they email you weekly, or monthly about new affiliates that they think you might be interested in. They also need personal info because of Tax Purposes.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:48 AM

What is the $100 new sign up bonus for new accounts? What do you have to do for it? Whats the catch?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:02 AM

rocketprofit.com related

I can not be entering my account four day.To my mails I can not be taking an answer.Be the problem?Her knowledge does?Thanks.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:13 AM

I've never heard of it.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Rocket Profit

Rocket Profit, won't earn you much money at all. Email response from my rep took a week. Don't think he was very happy that I had a question. With the rate I am going I might me rich in about 500,000 years. I would be shocked to see a success story.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

I joined it day before yesterday but still not sure whether it works or not.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:48 PM

I have had it for weeks. I have promoted it like crazy. Get plenty of visits but cannot generate any conversions. Rocket Profit appears to be a scam If you make more then a few bucks I would be surprised.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

is it really a scam, coz i was thinking to joining their program

Old 03-25-2008, 09:43 PM

Rocket Profit is full of it

I can tell you that made a cool $2.00 in over three weeks and been promoting their offers like crazy. Have gotten plenty of clicks put no conversions. Also wrote an email to my wonderful person Account Manager, Matt Wasserman. That bastard has not written back and it’s been well over a week. Matt Wasserman appears to be too busy to answer emails and when he does they are half ass.

Unless someone can post a success story I would not joint it’s not worth the headache.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:05 AM

Hi Brownsean,

Apparently I am your bastard person Account Manager here at Rocket Profit. I am not sure who you are, or who you think you are, but I don't appreciate your attitude or being called out in a public domain.

I can assure you, and everyone else on v7, that if you are a legitimate affiliate, whether making $5 or $500/day, I will treat you the same way. I do my best to respond and accommodate all affiliate questions/requests. I work 11+ hour days during the week. I answer emails from my small affiliates at 10pm on Sunday night. So, in the case that one email slipped through the cracks, I apologize. This may occasionally happen when you manage 100+ active affiliates.

Kindly forward me the email you sent and I will respond to it today. You also have my phone number and AIM, so if there was ever an important question I neglected to answer in email, you can always get in touch with me. I bet you affiliates making "a cool $2" don't have that same support at other networks.

Sincerely,
Matt

Old 03-28-2008, 09:19 AM

whats the min payout at Rocket Profit i might give it a try do you have any free surveys that convert well?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 AM

The minimum payout is $25. We have a number of EXCLUSIVE free survey/sweeps/content sites (think free mp3s, games, etc) that convert very well. We'd love to have you on board! Please let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks,
Matt

Old 03-28-2008, 09:29 AM

you accept new sites? or do they need to be established sites? will sign up in about 4 hours and see how easy it is to make some cash =)

and i think publicly naming you is out of order

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue