Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-02-2015, 03:41 PM

Develop the Business or Sell?

I currently have 2 websites which can be tied to one another to create a business however I am at the point where I need to decide if I have the time or talent to continue due to other work commitments.
Website 1: This is my core site (dubaiinvestorslist.com) and I use it to attract clients to invest in my marketing email services. I have 250,000 International Property leads which I market to these clients. So far the site is making a profit each month as the cost of my service is approximately $500 per mail campaign.

Website 2: This is a site (theinvestorslink.com) with a great domain and is used as a landing page for my email campaigns. However this domain could be used to create many different business lines.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has suggestions on how to monetize both sites more effectively. I did try to sell my core site on Flippa but the response was poor as I valued the site at 24 months average earnings. The important component is the 250,000 database of International property buyers and prospects which in itself is worth a fair bit in the right hands.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

Considering the fact that you are busy with your other ventures.... I would suggest you to sell these sites on Flippa or by using some other platforms like posting the ad in forum sections for 10x the money these are earning currently. Are you also going to provide with the email list you acquired or just the sites?

Old 03-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Banned

if you these sites are making you a healthy living, then you should enhance them instead of selling.
instead of sending other people's promotions, go out and find good affiliate offers, i am sure than you can make $5000+ from one email campaign

Old 08-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

It sounds like you have a very potential mailer list. You can get a great asking price in Flippa or other markets if you also bid your mailer list. Any potential buyer would be more interested in your mailers. Good Luck!

Old 09-25-2016, 11:56 PM
Contributing Member

Since the OP already mentioned he tried to sell it on Flippa and the values weren't that high based off of 24 month average earnings, I would suggest something else.

Have you thought about what is the minimum time committment you would need to keep the site going / slowly growing such that you could "pause it" and then come back to it in the future when you have more time, or sell it in the future as average earnings likely go up since it sounds like you have a few months in the beginning dragging down your 24 month average earnings?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

Clearly you're not interested in keeping these sites or you wouldn't have tried to sell your core site on Flippa... so sell them and move on to something else. If you aren't going to get the amount you want don't sell it, maybe hire help or find a partner?

Old 09-26-2016, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrell View Post
Clearly you're not interested in keeping these sites or you wouldn't have tried to sell your core site on Flippa... so sell them and move on to something else. If you aren't going to get the amount you want don't sell it, maybe hire help or find a partner?
We have no idea if he wants to keep it or sell it or has already sold it and moved on to other things.

The question was posted more than a year ago

Old 10-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2015 View Post
I currently have 2 websites which can be tied to one another to create a business however I am at the point where I need to decide if I have the time or talent to continue due to other work commitments.
Website 1: This is my core site (dubaiinvestorslist.com) and I use it to attract clients to invest in my marketing email services. I have 250,000 International Property leads which I market to these clients. So far the site is making a profit each month as the cost of my service is approximately $500 per mail campaign.

Website 2: This is a site (theinvestorslink.com) with a great domain and is used as a landing page for my email campaigns. However this domain could be used to create many different business lines.
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has suggestions on how to monetize both sites more effectively. I did try to sell my core site on Flippa but the response was poor as I valued the site at 24 months average earnings. The important component is the 250,000 database of International property buyers and prospects – which in itself is worth a fair bit in the right hands.
Hi there! My advice on this matter is this, if you are "tied up" with your other work commitments that it somehow affects how you maintain your sites, then I suggest you move on and consider the idea of selling. But if you can at least find a way to compromise your schedule and run your sites while doing your other work, then I suggest you look for way to monetize your site instead. This way, you can ensure that you are still earning from your sites even if you are busy doing other things. One good way of doing this is by integrating an offerwall tool in your site and provide affiliate offers to your users in exchange for rewards... I've been doing this method ever since and it's really helping me to increase my website's monthly revenues...

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Old 10-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrell View Post
I think he had any reason other!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread