Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-11-2016, 02:29 PM

Affiliate marketing through facebook.

Can we put our affiiate link in our facebook ads and promote it so that can we get aaffiliate sale. is there any way to promote our affiliate link.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, but it also depends on the policy of affiliate site.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I write blog posts with affiliate links an then share on Facebook because I want my follower to read my blog post and maybe explore more pages/posts on the blog in which have affiliate links.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:49 AM
Contributing Member

Its better to share the affiliate links on your facebook timeline than to share it on facebook ads. gives you more control

Old 02-21-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubhav-soin View Post
Its better to share the affiliate links on your facebook timeline than to share it on facebook ads. gives you more control
Most people know what affiliate links look like and tend to not click on them because the URL looks strange. (My opinion)

I'd rather write a blog post with affiliate links that are clocked which look great and share my blog posts on Facebook fanpage because I want my followers to visit my blog to read the whole blog post and even explore the blog even further.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:28 AM

You can even add a Custom Tab where you can list products that you sell.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:32 AM

I think it's better to promote a consistent Facebook page that links to your website/brand so you can build followers and get repeat visitors. Create a website that offers useful content and is fun to browse with your various affiliate and/or cpa ads on it. Share the site's updates to your facebook page (there are Wordpress plugins that can help do this automatically). Join a bunch of groups relevant to your business or that you feel target potential customers. Click share on your facbeook posts and send to all the groups you joined with additional comments, message to group etc.. be creative

Old 03-18-2016, 10:31 AM

There are few ways to do that.
1st. You need FB ADS that way you can promote your products
2nd. Have a large FB page and you can promote your products in that page

There are more options bnut these 2 are most popular

Old 03-23-2016, 02:28 AM
Contributing Member

IF you are amazon affiliate partner or similar one they donot allow to have traffics other than source you owned including the social media. SO I think if you go with facebook ads you will not get the affiliate money since it will be like it's coming from facebook not from your site.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:44 AM

I've used facebook and FB groups as well as my own pages and they have done pretty well getting the occasional sale. The best by far has been email marketing for me and thats something I've just started doing.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:18 AM
Contributing Member

Yes you can do that. But the best approach that gives you a win win situatoin is to write a quality blog post with your affiliate links inserted within the post and promote the post url.

You're simply not only trying to make sales but building future customers and your site as well

Old 06-21-2016, 02:55 AM

Social media sharing is far better than spending money advertising. In my opinion joining groups can be a good way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Most people know what affiliate links look like and tend to not click on them because the URL looks strange. (My opinion)
You can always use link shortner like the goo.gl service for free and also get tracking to clicks and visits.

Last edited by snakeair; 06-23-2016 at 04:26 PM. Reason: merged posts

Old 06-21-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usersincenow View Post
You can always use link shortner like the goo.gl service for free and also get tracking to clicks and visits.
Again, that is a URL shortner and some people may be afraid to click on it as it could be a phishing link. People are smarter then you think these days.

This is why when I promote affiliate programs on Facebook, I just share my blog post on there and if they like the title, the image and brief description, they will go to my blog to read it and hopefully other stuff.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:23 AM
Banned

I have no doubt in my mind as to why one cannot promote affiliate offers through FB ad platform. It's just that there are certain niches that are not allowed, you will need to check whether the affiliate program that you are about to promote even allows FB ads.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:37 AM
Contributing Member

There are affiliate networks that allow affiliate links through Facebook. Itunes is an affiliate partner that allows affiliate linking to social networking sites. They have also improved and increased their affiliates' commission. Though you need to have a good website first to get approved.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Banned

I think it's better to promote a consistent Facebook page that links to your website/brand so you can build followers and get repeat visitors. Create a website that offers useful content and is fun to browse with your various affiliate and/or cpa ads on it. Share the site's updates to your facebook page (there are Wordpress plugins that can help do this automatically). Join a bunch of groups relevant to your business or that you feel target potential customers. Click share on your facbeook posts and send to all the groups you joined with additional comments, message to group etc.. be creative
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Los mejores tipos de plasticos de todo el mundo!

Old 07-11-2016, 12:32 AM

Yes, we can, but it will be better if you build your own website to promote the product

Old 07-11-2016, 05:30 AM

You have to think also about the costs. If you sell some low-cost products, maybe the the cost per click will be higher than the product (taking into the consideration that not all who click will also buy).

As Snakeair said, a blog gives you the opportunity to educate your audience and to create a sales funnel.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:15 AM

I write blog posts with affiliate links

Old 07-13-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saatkac View Post
I write blog posts with affiliate links
That's what I do then I share them on Facebook. I want my followers to read the intro and see the image on my timeline post and click on it to come back to the blog to read. By getting them to do this, they may end up signing up to something you are promoting. Even it's not from the blog post you shared, they could explore other parts of you blog.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue