Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-28-2017, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The Easy 5 Step Guide to Monetizing Your Blog Content

I have learned that things that seem easy are not in fact easy. Thoughts on the blog post?

Quote:
You had a plan when you built your blog.

Create clever content.

Say important things.

Gain followers.

Profit.

But itís that last step that can be so elusive. Just how do you profit with a blog?

Some websites offer these get-rich-quick solutions, but more often than not they donít pan out the way youíd expect. Fortunately, if youíre willing to invest some time and effort in learning the key methods to online monetization, itís not hard to make decent money off your blog content.* In this post, Iíll give you personally tried and tested recommendations
Continued at: http://www.bloggingtips.com/2017/03/...-blog-content/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2017, 04:00 AM
Contributing Member

Very well written piece and I agree completely with the advertising bit (which seems to be written to promote media.net - i'm not judging, just observing). In the past I encountered these malicious ads which would redirect you to download their app on the app store, even without actually clicking on the ad! These were no small sites & the list included many of the reputable sites like mashable. It totally ruined my user experience and drove me to adopt ad blockers. Ultimately a loss of ad revenue for these sites.

Coming to the other points, I wonder how many bloggers actually practice what they preach. It's logical that you have multiple streams of income, but very hard to do two or more things of a different nature all at the same time. It divides your attention all over the place rather than focusing on the important things and also leaves you with the dilemma of where to direct your readers' attention to.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Coming to the other points, I wonder how many bloggers actually practice what they preach. It's logical that you have multiple streams of income, but very hard to do two or more things of a different nature all at the same time. It divides your attention all over the place rather than focusing on the important things and also leaves you with the dilemma of where to direct your readers' attention to.
Indeed. One of the main reasons why most IMers get lost of their track is due to following "proven/guaranteed" blueprints from so called marketers. Instead of focusing and continuing on one thing, they would rather jump out to multiple projects thinking that they could make money faster through this and that. In the end, they would easily get exhausted and less motivated because it just doesn't work for them. I think the best way to make an income online is to build something very valuable both to your readers and you. From there, you'd be able to build a list and that's where you try to monetize.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervalo View Post
Instead of focusing and continuing on one thing, they would rather jump out to multiple projects thinking that they could make money faster through this and that.
Well, it's a proven fact that focusing on one (or a few) things gets better results than stepping on too many stones at the same time. Classic case - Apple vs Other phone makers. Apple makes few devices, others make many. Yet Apple makes most of the profits while others hardly make any.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

Monetizing blog content is not that hard, but building a blog that has traffic that is! The succes depends on many factors like content, competition, link building. If you have budget and you can advertise or you can buy some links you will see instant results - instant money otherwise you have to wait until google indexes the pages, then you build quality links, long long time...... Most of the blogs will make very little or no money!

Old 07-08-2017, 03:50 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I am suffering such a condition as #weblife mentioned. so i am still waiting for being have good indexed pages on google search. but good thing is that now my blog is getting unique visitors and counting. I know a little SEO techniques to be applied
but any way earning from blogs is difficult task and choosing it as a carrier is most challenges

Old 07-08-2017, 10:36 PM

Your blogging guidelines are pretty good, I'll look into it, hope it helps

Old 07-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesimpson View Post
Your blogging guidelines are pretty good, I'll look into it, hope it helps
Please contribute with a few guidelines of your own. Or at least some better comments on the guidelines.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:45 PM

Absolutely right!
If you are too busy collecting bits and pieces of revenue from multiple streams, you can't focus on generating quality content. And if you want to do both, you need more people which will add on to your costs!
And my impression about a site develops by seeing the type of ads in it. If it's Adsense, I kind of feel easy and also they don't spoil the user exp unlike others as you mentioned.

Old 07-29-2017, 12:15 AM

A purely content based site can also drive good revenue but it is only possible when you can reach the niche. To make this happen, quality content is must which can hold the eye of the readers. In the initial stage, focusing on your site advertisement & promoting your content can grab the visitors. Focusing on link building, quality content, reputation, adsense, and other aspects will show you the results.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:23 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Great content as it simply covers all the high quality techniques to earn money from your blog.

These are time tested techniques that work, but it feels like many people forget it and try to invent a bike, use some shady methods, etc. Not that it's bad to try new things, however, the sometimes more simple (the obvious) - the better.

Business was always about giving value, selling a service or a product. Great reminder for everyone.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervalo View Post
Indeed. One of the main reasons why most IMers get lost of their track is due to following "proven/guaranteed" blueprints from so called marketers. Instead of focusing and continuing on one thing, they would rather jump out to multiple projects thinking that they could make money faster through this and that. In the end, they would easily get exhausted and less motivated because it just doesn't work for them. I think the best way to make an income online is to build something very valuable both to your readers and you. From there, you'd be able to build a list and that's where you try to monetize.
Yes indeed, as far as website or blogging is concerned, the most important thing is to make sure you focus on building something valuable, something you can consider an asset. This way, you will get good result with just little monetization and promotion effort.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:06 PM

truly said, it is not difficult to earn but to create a blog which will create money for you

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue