Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

is google adsense gonna deactivate my account?

I had used google adsense for one of my owned portal which was approved 2 years ago, due to certain issues i had to shut down my site and adsense account has been resting since one and half year. So, is google gonna de-activate account due to its inactivity or in case they de-activate my account can i still be eligible for opening an other after certain time?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2017, 03:36 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Post I think you should update/add to your website to show activity

My experience wasn't the same as yours but this is what mine was: I hadn't posted for about a year or so on my blog and didn't know, at the time, that it could result in my account being disapproved (and I also wasn't allowed to reapply from the same google account) when I applied for adsense. I then posted a few blog posts over a course of 6 months and then reapplied (I was rejected for insufficient content two or three times and then was approved finally)

Considering my above situation, I think if you apply without posting on your site, your account could get deactivated. I suggest you post/update your site once or twice and then reapply if it has been deactivated. I personally don't think that you should apply again (in case you have to) until you show activity on your site. Since our situations aren't the same I cannot be certain in my advice but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Please add to my reputation if you thought this reply was useful! thanks!

Old 06-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I don't think google deactivates account with inactivity but don't reapply though as then it would be two accounts which google doesn't like.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member

A simple way to check whether your AdSense is deactivated or still active is to try login to AdSense. Head to google.com/adsense/login and try with your Google account.

If you are able to login, then start using Ads on your new site. I never heard Google deactivating inactive AdSense accounts.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thank you for your responses, but i got the following email google adsense for being inactive for long time..

Old 06-20-2017, 02:59 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the screenshot. It indicates that your AdSense account is still existing but inactive. You will have to add your new/existing site and serve impressions so that it doesn't remain inactive.

For further help, click on the link provided under 'Connect your site to AdSense'.

Last edited by nick_westlife; 06-20-2017 at 03:00 AM. Reason: adding more info

Old 06-20-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_westlife View Post
A simple way to check whether your AdSense is deactivated or still active is to try login to AdSense. Head to google.com/adsense/login and try with your Google account.

If you are able to login, then start using Ads on your new site. I never heard Google deactivating inactive AdSense accounts.

I fully agree's with nick_westlife

Old 06-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

Google has very strong customer support in India. Why don't you just call their toll free number and ask?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

Vaguar,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Google has very strong customer support in India. Why don't you just call their toll free number and ask?
Sorry to say but I always had a bad experience contacting Google AdSense support team. Infact, I tried so many times through email and other possible sources but never got a reply from them.

Do they have a toll-free number for AdSense publisher support? If yes, please mention it here.

And even if the thread OP happens to speak to customer support executive, he will simply follow the rules i.e., account in in-active, starting sending impressions to activate it.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, of course. Google will disable your account. I have an AdSense which using for both blog and YouTube channel. I found that my niche have trouble with copyright claim so I remove Ads code from the blog for a few month. YouTube, however, is serving Ads. You know? Google downgrade my account to Hosted Account. Never mind, you can reapply it as I could get my account by adding website address in setting.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:40 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Total BS, they have NO customer support for Adsense! You are just making that up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_westlife View Post
Do they have a toll-free number for AdSense publisher support? If yes, please mention it here.
Of course they don't have one. Vaguar has no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited by Birdie; 06-23-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
There isn't really any "customer care" number. They have help forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by niharikashinde View Post
My experience wasn't the same as yours but this is what mine was: I hadn't posted for about a year or so on my blog and didn't know, at the time, that it could result in my account being disapproved (and I also wasn't allowed to reapply from the same google account) when I applied for adsense. I then posted a few blog posts over a course of 6 months and then reapplied (I was rejected for insufficient content two or three times and then was approved finally)

Considering my above situation, I think if you apply without posting on your site, your account could get deactivated. I suggest you post/update your site once or twice and then reapply if it has been deactivated. I personally don't think that you should apply again (in case you have to) until you show activity on your site. Since our situations aren't the same I cannot be certain in my advice but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Please add to my reputation if you thought this reply was useful! thanks!
Thank you for sharing your experience :-)

Old 06-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Contributing Member

The only way to get the best advice relating to the action of Google and AdSense team is to participate in Google Product Forums. There is no helpline number whatsoever and it serves no purpose practically for them.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:20 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I dont think google deactives for inactivity. Untill you didnt do anything which is not certain

Old 06-27-2017, 12:22 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoo View Post
I dont think google deactives for inactivity.
You think wrong. They do deactivate for inactivity.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

I have searched information about adsense account inactivity, i have found this:

AdSense accounts are reset if they haven't generated any ad impressions for six months. To reactivate your account, repeat the steps to connect your site to AdSense. Once your account is active again, make sure you set up ads on your site so you start generating impressions.

Account reset process
After five months of inactivity:
You receive an email to let you know that your account will be reset unless your account generates impressions in the next 30 days. If you don't want your account to be reset, set up ads on your site to ensure your account generates impressions in the next 30 days.

After six months of inactivity:
Your account is reset.

Sorry, I can't post url

Have a nice day!

Old 06-27-2017, 06:15 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes it might have because google resets your account after six months its google theory. So also adsense is verified by the content and site quality. so, It might have deactivated.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:45 PM

I dont think google deactives for inactivity

Old 07-12-2017, 03:47 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicawy View Post
I dont think google deactives for inactivity
Did you bother to read this thread before posting? They DO deactivate accounts for inactivity!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue