Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 02-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Best places to put adsense and affiliate ads on your site?

Hi all,

I have a niche site that is doing pretty well with traffic and I want to monetize it now, but not sure where the best place to put the ads that do not ruin the user experience for the visitors.

Right now, the average time on my blog posts is over 5 minutes and over 10 minutes for a couple of posts. My blog is on wordpress and it has a sidebar. I'm also getting a decent amount of referral and brand name search traffic to my home page. I'm a little concerned if I'm too aggressive with my blog that the engagement on the site will go down. Where have you usually placed your ads?

I will also note that currently I am not doing any product reviews or production suggestions on the blog (e.g. - top 10 widgets for your niche...etc). Most of my post are very informational (how to to's, detailed guides, etc)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2018, 06:40 AM

Hey, I have a site similar to yours, so I put a also adsense on my side bar but also tried a lightbox model that i got from Ad-maven which also brings nice revenue.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

The best place for ads in terms of money made is top of post or top part of content. Always above the fold.

Side bars get less traffic and i would only run one add above content or in it and no other ads. The problem is other sites will try to steal traffic for very little money using ads to drive people from your site to thiers.

Try finding affiliate program with products related to your site and list them you will make more money most times. Then you could run ads in sidebar also.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

Hi There,

Yeah, I have good niche affiliates I found that I can use. Is 20K+ monthly traffic too early to monetize? What level of traffic do you usually look for when monetizing blog content?

Old 02-17-2018, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

There's no perfect formula to put your ads and earn money. All you need is testing, precisely you should do A/B testing. Place some ads for a week on sidebar and see how it converts.

By following the same method try again placing ads in articles, just after the article description (left/right doesn't matter). After 2 weeks see which one has max. conversions, and there you go.

Also run a Heatmap campaign for several weeks and evaluate where people click the most, and target those areas.

Last edited by sanusense; 02-17-2018 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Forgot to add Heatmap

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue