Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstraffic View Post
Hey Guys, I ain't talking about forum sigs and traffic from this forum or other forums in order to get rich, you missed my point

Here is what I had in mind:

The number of posts can reveal your experience then the time you spent on promoting and improving your website(s) so... after 400 or 2000 posts here, what is your reputation and how are you doing with your websites ?
Actually the number of posts does not reveal your experience. It simply means you post alot. Posting to threads or creating new ones should be made with the mind set of contributing something useful to the topic at hand. People respond better to you when you give clear, honest and informed answers. I have seen people with 100 posts who have huge reputation bars and well thought of because they do this while there are others who simply make posts to get their numbers up. Also this will have direct reflection on your website except that people are more likely to trust your websites and the information that they provide if they trust you from their forums and the informative posts you make.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostnetric View Post
Actually the number of posts does not reveal your experience. It simply means you post alot. Posting to threads or creating new ones should be made with the mind set of contributing something useful to the topic at hand. People respond better to you when you give clear, honest and informed answers. I have seen people with 100 posts who have huge reputation bars and well thought of because they do this while there are others who simply make posts to get their numbers up. Also this will have direct reflection on your website except that people are more likely to trust your websites and the information that they provide if they trust you from their forums and the informative posts you make.
I definitively agree with you.
In this thread I did not consider people who post messages only for the purpose of increasing the number of posts.
I'm considering people who learned something since their 1st post... from the day they start till now (after 400 posts, 1 or 2 years...), did you progress a lot since your 1st post or since you started your website, have you spent a long time working?

Could we reflect the knowledge/Smartness from the number of Posts...

Old 01-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member

here some examples:

- 1 guy with 2000 posts, no reputation, not rich --> stupid spamer
- 1 guy with 2000 posts, good rep --> obviously 'rich' (or enough money) and keeping posting to maintain his site in good ranking,
- 1 guy with 100 posts with good rep -> may be already rich and smart as he s quick !
- 1 fellow with 400 posts with average rep -> try his best, not that smart but a little success...

where would you stand?

Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
here some examples:

- 1 guy with 2000 posts, no reputation, not rich --> stupid spamer
- 1 guy with 2000 posts, good rep --> obviously 'rich' (or enough money) and keeping posting to maintain his site in good ranking,
- 1 guy with 100 posts with good rep -> may be already rich and smart as he s quick !
- 1 fellow with 400 posts with average rep -> try his best, not that smart but a little success...

where would you stand?
Beneath you all.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:13 PM
v7n Mentor

I think I have progressed in the time that I have been here. And without this forum, I would not have had the opportunities for business & friendships that I have had come along.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:00 PM

Not quantity, but quality posts!

Are you talking about forum posts or blog posts?

Some people do get paid posting on forums, others post in the forums to promote their stuff, but others post on blogs to earn money via affiliate programs. I'd say all entail hard work, but it's more the quality of your posts (and how you strategically make them profitable) that you put in forums or blogs rather than the quantity of them. There are ways, of course, ask the super affiliate bloggers and forum posters.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Contributing Member

Blog posts are a bit different and that would lead to another thread I think.
Right I agree about quality and actually to build a good rep, you better write interesting posts and only interesting one, that would be interesting to read what experienced members were writing at the beginning

Old 01-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I think I have progressed in the time that I have been here. And without this forum, I would not have had the opportunities for business & friendships that I have had come along.
This is a good point, gathering friends here is a good idea and can bring a lot to your business. I think it's a good plan to have when you wish to get something from a forum for a long time.

Now we should start a thread talking about reputation and how to get a good one...

From the day you read, the day you post, the day you share till the day you share relevant tips and even offer services, how many posts do you have?

Old 01-04-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
... Now we should start a thread talking about reputation and how to get a good one...

From the day you read, the day you post, the day you share till the day you share relevant tips and even offer services, how many posts do you have?
Ok what was the question again?

Old 01-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
Ok what was the question again?
well, let's close this thread

Old 01-04-2007, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Whadaya mean? Why?

Old 01-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
LOL actually no reason this thread is actually good. It lets others know what makes for good forum interaction and how they should actually post in a constructive way.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:36 AM

Ahh, ok then.

OT: I just got a bunch of money and I'm not sure what to do with it.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Ahh, ok then.

OT: I just got a bunch of money and I'm not sure what to do with it.
LOL well I can always use money I have 4 kids and one going to college soon so if you are unsure Atom just send that in care of my new "send kevins kids to college fund charity"

Old 01-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Whadaya mean? Why?
I guessed I lost you in here and we went over the question:

-> there is no answer...

In the overall, that was ineresting for me and it leads me to posting new threads covering things such as 'tips on how to get a good rep on forums'...)

but let's continue the discussion, not a problem, i ll even put a link to this topic from new threads.

I had a look into few of your posts (not very relevant imo but I just had a quick look); I saw you have over 20000 posts (that's huge), do you have to post 20 messages a day as a moderator?
I guess every moderator must be rich, are you?

Old 01-04-2007, 05:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I had a look into few of your posts (not very relevant imo but I just had a quick look); I saw you have over 20000 posts (that's huge), do you have to post 20 messages a day as a moderator?
I guess every moderator must be rich, are you?
Consider that many people who really like a forum and are part of the moderator/admin team are generally watching the forums and its threads and tend to be more active then many others. Also he has been a member since 2003 which is coming up on 4 years of posts so that number is quite normal for an active user. Posts do not always have to be relevant 100%, but they can fun and the big thing that should never be done is to insult others or spam the forums.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
LOL well I can always use money I have 4 kids and one going to college soon so if you are unsure Atom just send that in care of my new "send kevins kids to college fund charity"
I was thinking about stocks, but I'm clueless. Totally.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
LOL actually no reason this thread is actually good. It lets others know what makes for good forum interaction and how they should actually post in a constructive way.
Ok I have another question :

What is the maximum posts you have drawn from your own thread?

Old 01-04-2007, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Consider that many people who really like a forum and are part of the moderator/admin team are generally watching the forums and its threads and tend to be more active then many others. Also he has been a member since 2003 which is coming up on 4 years of posts so that number is quite normal for an active user. Posts do not always have to be relevant 100%, but they can fun and the big thing that should never be done is to insult others or spam the forums.
Yep it's my guess too and actually I should not post such question in public, forget about it Atom.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Ok I have another question :

What is the maximum posts you have drawn from your own thread?
I have seen threads continue onto 12 pages of posts and more on a good discussion as others get involved. The length of a thread has no bearing it is the information gained from it that ultimately matters and if it was helpful to people. Depending on the type of forum most people will post only to learn how to improve their own sites, however, this does not mean you cannot have a bit of fun. Who wants to visit a boring forum all the time.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue