Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 03-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Contributing Member

100,000 unique visitors how much to charge for an ad on site?

Hello;

Okay, web design I'm not new at; however. What is reasonable to charge for an ad to be placed on a site that receives over 100,000 unique visitors per month?

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 10:15 AM

It depends on what type of site you have.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

www.ipranked.com (media site).

Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Sorry, there are a lot of different variables. Where the ad will be placed (site wide, above the fold, footer, link roll, etc), the type of ad (text link, image ad), size of ad, PR, etc.

For a site wide footer link on your site, I would guess with 100,000 unique visitors per month (not hits), you could probably sell that for $5.00 to $10.00.

If it were an above the fold image ad, $25.00 per month for a small ad.

Once you build up some PR, you will be able to get much more for ads, but considering your PR is still 0, it would be hard to find many advertisers willing to advertise for very much money, unless you could absolutely prove that you are getting 100,000 UV's per month.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks;

I'm looking at my stats now and I have received over 30,000 hits for this month and the month has 28 days left. I am building my ranking (slowly) buy effectively. My members area is getting larger and more videos are being added.

I have paid www.buildtraffic.com to bring visitors to my site; however. Once the site is out there for six months I'm sure it will be a word of mouth by then. I may pull some media stunt just to get the name out there. It will be clean and fun! I may go to NY city and hold up a sign www.ipranked.com in front of the Fox News station or at NBC Today. LOL

I'll keep working at it. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Contributing Member

Charging for advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsaroo View Post
Hello;

Okay, web design I'm not new at; however. What is reasonable to charge for an ad to be placed on a site that receives over 100,000 unique visitors per month?

Thanks
Not sure if it is comparable, but in my toolbar traffic exchange, I charge $65 for 100,000 ad views ($32.49 for 100,000 ad views for my pro members)

Hope this helps.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

You could try this tool out, http://www.text-link-ads.com/link_calculator.php - It will give you a rough idea.

-- Phil

Old 03-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

Nice tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by adquick View Post
You could try this tool out, http://www.text-link-ads.com/link_calculator.php - It will give you a rough idea.

-- Phil
Neat tool, Phil.

I think the dollars shown represent what you would get for selling your ad space through their system.

It does a nice job of including certain variables, like page placement and total number of ads sold, but I didn't see anywhere to put in the total number of unique visitors monthly. A site with 100,000 unique visitors each month should sell for more than a site with only 1,000 unique visitors.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydrugs View Post
Cool site!!! Very good webmaster.
Thank you from <SPAM>. We are working hard to make this an excellent media informational site; however. The site goes beyond the domain name. We have found that folks are interested in many videos of all kinds and we keep adding categories to satisfy the trend. Thanks again.

Ron
<SPAM removed>

Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
Neat tool, Phil.

I think the dollars shown represent what you would get for selling your ad space through their system.

It does a nice job of including certain variables, like page placement and total number of ads sold, but I didn't see anywhere to put in the total number of unique visitors monthly. A site with 100,000 unique visitors each month should sell for more than a site with only 1,000 unique visitors.
It actually takes traffic into consideration using the Alexa rank.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwm1979 View Post
I'm not a huge fanatic for Alexa and the stats can NOT be relied on for total compensation. Alexa relies on the fact that you must have the tool bar installed and a person should not rely on this dubious tool for sole purpose of advertising compensation. Too many services (like above) are relying on Alexa for only 20 percent (my opinion) of traffic stats. Please understand that I have NOT conducted a scientific experiment complete with data; however. My hypothesis is based on my experience and and I have based my decision from looking at my stats provided to me by my host.

Dump Alexa and rely on your intuition and experience.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

Missing variable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwm1979 View Post
Thanks, that makes more sense.

I am not a big fan of Alexa for ranking either, but at least their is something going in to determine the traffic of the site when calculating ad values.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:57 AM

On <mod edit>, I just let AdSense determine the cost per click that it should charge. Started out at a few pennies per click, but today I am getting anywhere from $0.30-$1.50 per click. Good stuff!

Last edited by chicgeek; 04-10-2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Link removed.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:55 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsaroo View Post
www.ipranked.com (media site).
PR0, 16 pages cached, not worth to much in form of text ad unless they got a lot of clicks. Not the best cnverting traffic either. Media/Entertainment sites that are not high-end niche don't earn much money. Not to mention you are paying for traffic which means the visitor # is not accurate AT ALL since your counting popunders/popups as a visitor and in reality it's an adview and they are closing it when it occurs. Sorry, but an ad on your site isn't worth much.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue