Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 05-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member

What to do with my wholesale site?

So a couple of years ago, I was very interested in selling on ebay. While searching for wholesale sources, I kept myself a personal list of sources. After a couple of months, I realized that I had compiled quite the wholesale list.

Thats is when I opened up www.wholesalechecklist.com. It is not the highest quality site, but I thought it was good enough. I got it up to a PR4 and about one sale a month. But it stalled there. I lost motivation from lack of sales, and the site lost all its PR and I havent worked on it since.

I am now starting to get back into e-commerce, and I realized I had this site. I now have two options that I am aware of:

1) Redesign the site, make it look more professional, and try to sell this list again

2) Strip down the site and start over, but instead of selling the list, have the list on my site free for everyone. I could also have a simple "suggest a source", where people submit their sources and I will review and reject or accept them to add them to the list. I suppose I could make money through advertising revenue and possibly sell the site in the future for a hefty profit.

Suggestions? I am leaning towards option 2 right now since people have a predisposed perception that wholesale lists are scams.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

I suggest to go with option 2.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

You can never revive a beat-up horse, might as well as re-start over. The information that you've obtained a couple years ago are most likely irrelevant in comparison with your competitors.

-Swapw

Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah you are probably right. Before I post the sources, I am going to go through each and every one, maybe find a few more. But I think the fact that the information will be free will be enough to drive serious traffic to my website..?

Old 05-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

I decided to go with option 2. I redid the layout. www.wholesalechecklist.com . The index page is still the same content as before, so that is NOT what the website is.

I will update when everything is complete. Thanks!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue