Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 06-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Finally making $25 per day on adsense. :)

lol, throuh proxy sites.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM

is that possible? was thinking of doing that myself does it work?

Old 06-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

you mean create proxy sites ? or click adsense via proxy sites ?

Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 AM

clicking them via proxy sites

Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Contributing Member

I have heard that they will cancel your account this way.. Keep us updated. Kind of seems sketchy,

Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

congrats.. I've heard of people doing well on proxy sites, but I'd check G's TOS to make sure you can.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Contributing Member

how do you do that

Old 06-22-2007, 08:08 AM

Not to sound stupid but what is a proxy site?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr2007 View Post
clicking them via proxy sites

Isn't there the chance to get banned if discovered?

Old 06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

I'm happy that you are doing well, but it is surely against Adsense TOS to use them on the pages that are proxied. Don't know about the homepage of the proxy though.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:00 PM
v7n Mentor

Wow, there is far too much going on in this thread to let slide.

For starters, it is immoral, to click on adsense ads to boost earnings, you are stealing from mine and other peoples pockets. The few cents you may earn yourself, cheating the system, will in no way compare to the pain of the flames in hell dancing on your feet, since that's where you will be going. Besides, Google will catch you and ban you, they do it everyday.

Google does not allow Adsense ads on proxified pages. Again, the few cents you will earn doing so will be in vain since Google will catch you, ban your account, and not pay you for your earnings. Do not pass Go, you will not collect all your legit earnings either.

Most of you people commenting here need to familiarize yourself with the Google TOS.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Contributing Member

I don't really need to read the TOS as I know them pretty well. It's just the fact that I don't have a proxy site and nether so I were not sure for exact if all the proxy site was agsint their TOS or not, but believe it would be definately as the whole site is doing everything illegal. Proxy sites are another name for scraper sites that nick other sites content illegally and then profit from it while the owner pays for the bandwidth and doesn't make a cent.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:53 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by john587 View Post
I don't really need to read the TOS as I know them pretty well. It's just the fact that I don't have a proxy site and nether so I were not sure for exact if all the proxy site was agsint their TOS or not, but believe it would be definately as the whole site is doing everything illegal. Proxy sites are another name for scraper sites that nick other sites content illegally and then profit from it while the owner pays for the bandwidth and doesn't make a cent.
Proxy sites are NOT another name for a scraper site. Get the details straight before posting gibberish.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
pain of the flames in hell dancing on your feet
I'm not at all religious but I don't remember the passage about the sin of false adsensing. I agree with your point though :p

Old 06-22-2007, 02:17 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by highanddry View Post
I'm not at all religious but I don't remember the passage about the sin of false adsensing. I agree with your point though :p
That's fine, but you don't have to be religious to burn in Hell.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:33 AM

I would keep it quiet if I were you, instead of boasting on forums.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldnails View Post
Proxy sites are NOT another name for a scraper site. Get the details straight before posting gibberish.
I know they are not. I know what I proxy site is and a scraper, but the way proxy sites do their stuff, they still steal your content as they cache your pages and then rank for your pages in the serps. Some of them will also disable your ads so you will not get credit and then replace them with their own ads. So they are illegally profiting of your own sites content while attemping to damage your business at the same time.

I am only saying what I have seen. I had one proxy site rank higher than me for my own content. Some proxy sites just make duplicate content. If proxy sites didn't cache another sites content then it would be fine as they will not rank for someone else's stuff and cause duplicate content in the serps.

Saying this I have nothing against anyone earning from proxy sites or having one, I just personally don't like them because they use other peoples content, slows down their servers and disables their ads.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by john587 View Post

Saying this I have nothing against anyone earning from proxy sites or having one, I just personally don't like them because they use other peoples content, slows down their servers and disables their ads.
Well, technically you could say the same thing about almost every website, since it has the potential to steal ads and disable ads. Just because it has the capability doesn't mean that it does.

It sucks that you've had a proxy cache rank higher than one of your webpages, I'd suggest focusing more on SEO then.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss3d View Post
lol, throuh proxy sites.
That's not fair. LOL!
Well, I suggest you to keep that secret to yourself.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Contributing Member

I say no further about this. But it's a copyright infringment to use other peoples work and then profit from it. Also, I have been doing seo for over 6 years and can get a website to number 1. But getting a site to number 1 is much harder when you get other sites stealing your content when they shouldn't. It just causes duplicate content. I paid thousands of pounds for people to write unique and original content and then someone just comes alone and just copies it making it no longer duplicate and priceless.

As I say, I will say no further, but I would think that some other people would feel the same when they have spent thousands on having unique and original content written for their site so that it can't be found no where else on the web and then someone just copies it within seconds and it doesn't cost them a thing and then they scrap your ads and put theirs in place.

Now that is illegal. I know all proxies don't do this, but some do and as I said it's just my personal opinion. I have seen a few proxies that cache a sites content plus a have seen a few proxies that have features so that their users can disable the ads of a site so that they are viewing the sites content, using their bandwidth and the site owner doesn't make a penny.

Last edited by john587; 06-23-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue