Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 08-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Contributing Member

I made $50 from jesifra w00t

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 11:13 AM

I just hit $500 this month, which is good I think considering I've only been doing design as a business for under a month.

Old 09-15-2004, 04:38 AM

I make less than $500 a month. Can I join?

Like the second post says, I do word-of-mouth business. Then I get some customers trying products, they like it, they become my walking advertisements (testimonials.)

So, are you someone who wants to have your own business? Something that earns a nice monthly income stream, like cable TV or AOL get from their regular customers?

Well, that's what I'm doing and so far it's been fun. Right now at $100 - $200 a month its not much. But additional income every month is good eh.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:20 AM
Individualist

I make way too much money on the Internet. I feel guilty about it. But rest assured, I spend it as fast as I make it.

Old 09-15-2004, 06:35 AM

Guilt is one of those stupid things you can get with a sudden wealth - after all, what have "I" done to "deserve" wealth?

But wealth isn't a measure of character, of moral standing, or general personal worth as a human being - it is merely a material product.

You can accumulate material product via various methods. It can also leave in more than as many different ways.

Making money on the internet is simply the application of brains and brawn. Those who can, can be given good material product.

The only thing to be guilty of with wealth is to ensure it doesn't corrupt your sense of good character, or be seen to. Money can and does change people for the worst because they learn to focus too much on the material possibilities. In doing so, they turn their backs on those important things in life that have no market value, but are personally priceless - friendship, trust, love, forgiveness.

My family has been through something like this to some degree. And that's probably nuff said on the matter.

2c.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:25 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
I make way too much money on the Internet. I feel guilty about it. But rest assured, I spend it as fast as I make it.

Ditto. Summer is usually pretty slow for me but for the next few months. I get a huge spike during the 4th quarter from corporate companies wanting to use up thier marketing budget dollars. It's amazing how many big companies ask for x amount of money, hold a tight rope on it 80% of the year and then spend it like crazy at the end of the year. If they don't use all their budget money not only will they lose it but their budget for the following year will be much less.

I remember when I used to make $300 every two weeks how I though that was so much money. Now I realize that doesn't even cover my car payment. Funny how things change.

imaginemn

Old 09-15-2004, 03:11 PM

Money is also relative. I mean, relative to the cost of living. If you live, say in New York, maybe your income is big, but your expenditures are also big.

Living in the Philippines has taught me to be frugal. The average salary of a fresh college graduate here is equivalent to $200 per month. The "average" job here now is in a call center... heheheh. Many jobs in customer service and technical programming are outsourced and we compete against China and India.

Flipping hamburgers here nets you about half that amount.

So... uh... if any of you guys feel "guilty" you can "donate" your money to me. =) heheheh. I won't feel guilty about accepting it, don't worry about that. I'll be sure to put it to good use.

Old 10-01-2004, 02:01 PM

You must have made like 20k from me Brad. LOL

Old 10-02-2004, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Brian
Guilt is one of those stupid things you can get with a sudden wealth - after all, what have "I" done to "deserve" wealth?

But wealth isn't a measure of character, of moral standing, or general personal worth as a human being - it is merely a material product.

You can accumulate material product via various methods. It can also leave in more than as many different ways.

Making money on the internet is simply the application of brains and brawn. Those who can, can be given good material product.

The only thing to be guilty of with wealth is to ensure it doesn't corrupt your sense of good character, or be seen to. Money can and does change people for the worst because they learn to focus too much on the material possibilities. In doing so, they turn their backs on those important things in life that have no market value, but are personally priceless - friendship, trust, love, forgiveness.

My family has been through something like this to some degree. And that's probably nuff said on the matter.

2c.

Very good post, Brian.

Old 10-02-2004, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesifra

You must have made like 20k from me Brad. LOL
lolll

Old 10-04-2004, 04:37 PM
v7n Mentor

Close to 1m a year, and has been for the last 4 years only selling on the net. 100 % on line sales.

You first need a product. (something you know and something people will pay for)
You then need to target. (ppc, links, directories,blogs, forums...etc)
You need to stay on top of it. (keep up with all the changes)
Use the web as a tool, make it work for you not against ya.
See what your # 1 competitor is doing and go one step further that he is.

work, work, work and then when you get tired work a little longer.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott

Mind sharing how much

Old 10-05-2004, 09:05 PM

Fun thread I too make a good deal of money on the net consistently. I make about more than my parents, friends, and other family combined. Been at SEO for many many years, but its not what made me wealthy from the internet. I don't feel quilty about it either. Its been an amazing amount of hard work, fun, and learning. I love the net!

sundancerz is on track though, thats a good way to do. Let me add one more things to the list: networking

Old 10-06-2004, 09:49 AM
v7n Mentor

Yes...networking is a biggie. I don't even think about that one and it's something I always have my fingers in. :-)
good catch Ranksmart.

Old 10-06-2004, 03:50 PM

Dang I need to make $500 emergency dental care before my one tooth falls out. Other than that two other crowns and total of $2,000 works needs doing. I live on SSI $550 a month. I am probably going to need to rob a bank. I am willing to work at what I can aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggggggh.

Old 10-16-2004, 06:47 AM

I make over 1000

I make over 1000, and that's all I'm going to tell you for now

Old 10-17-2004, 02:09 PM

hey sundancer since you are making a million dollars a year online , do you think maybe you should invest in new website, that site looks a bit old

Old 10-18-2004, 09:53 AM
v7n Mentor

Your so correct ferret the sites were using are about 3 to 4 years old, we've been working on a new one for a year, building a customized data base, It should have already been up and running...but that's another story. I also want to get the forum updated and that main as well. It's all about time...I need more.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:13 PM

My what and hows

Converting photos to digital used to net my business $2K to $3K a month but is considerably less for the past two years; $250 to $1K. Converting 8mm cassette tapes to DVD is doing well; $5 - $7.5K net per month and trending upward at ~6% slope. I use 11 websites to generate cross links and cross traffic, to cover 260 keyword combinations, and target Search Engine and directory traffic as the main source of web traffic. Purchasing $500 worth of targeted magazine ads each month, and constantly soliciting radio stations to run free ads for my free give aways like wedding videos converted FREE for April weddings and other give-aways. (A live interview on the radio generated $1.6K of sales in one day.)

Daytrading online generates $4K to $15K per month. Studied mathmatics, economics, business and statistics for 14 years of college work. Bought a dozen or more books on daytrading techniques and attended a dozen or more seminars. Opened an online trading account with a reputable broker. Spent two plus years replacing losses with the revenues from the websites and gradually started to make more than was lost.

Just a few of the methods I've had success with at making money online.

Old 10-19-2004, 05:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats_Man
Converting photos to digital used to net my business $2K to $3K a month but is considerably less for the past two years; $250 to $1K. Converting 8mm cassette tapes to DVD is doing well; $5 - $7.5K net per month and trending upward at ~6% slope.
Cool ... Statsman...
But where were you all these days ??

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue