Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 10-21-2004, 01:21 AM

Summer was actually fairly slow for home sales here, but it has started to pick up. My wife has some clients looking at a two million dollar high rise so things are looking up.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-21-2004, 01:10 PM

I've been in Panama setting up future adventures. Nice to see you all again.

Old 10-27-2004, 06:31 AM

"I also want to get the forum updated and that main as well. It's all about time...I need more. "

if you are making a million a year why don't you just throw 1000 at anyone of the web designers on this forum and get a super website

I mean a million a year thats a thousand thousand

like 3000 a day or so

seems like you would be able to hire some help

Last edited by ferret77; 10-27-2004 at 06:35 AM.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:28 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
if you are making a million a year why don't you just throw 1000 at anyone of the web designers on this forum and get a super website
Making a mil and having a mil in profit are two different things. As far as creating a super website...It's not very high on the priority list and like I said someone is and has been working one one, it's not a top priority at the moment but it's getting done, what's out there now is doing the job. To tell you the truth were more aggressive on advertising rather than developing.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesifra
If you are making over $ $500/month or more a month from the net post in here . If possible explain us how you ended making that money.
Just signed up my 50th customer 1 month after I started a service. This makes it an $500/mo. And I don't even have a website to advertise the service, that's all just a word of mouth.

I'm almost afraid to think what's gonna happen when I start advertising on the web. I may have to call my local bank and ask them to build a new vault for all the money that will be pouring in

Old 11-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
Just signed up my 50th customer 1 month after I started a service. This makes it an $500/mo. And I don't even have a website to advertise the service, that's all just a word of mouth.

I'm almost afraid to think what's gonna happen when I start advertising on the web. I may have to call my local bank and ask them to build a new vault for all the money that will be pouring in

But I think now you surely need a website..

Old 11-20-2004, 04:48 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella

What services do you provide? (Other than inciting political unrest )

Old 11-22-2004, 04:44 AM
Contributing Member

I have done 10K in a week, while I was in the hospital and recovering. That was just selling to customers I already had.

Organic SE traffic I have done as much 3K a day.

I have sold 200+ products a day at times, that was selling products that cost around $15 that paid out $8 to affiliates, the sucky thing was I was employee of the company so they only paid me $2 a sale. I guess that is why I don't work for them anymore and won't work for anyone else. I think my commission was 10 k that month, so at $2 a pop about 167 sales a day for that month.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandini
But I think now you surely need a website..
I do have a website I slapped one together two years ago. It's very ugly and cloe to useless. I'm working on fixing that it, will show link when done.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
What services do you provide? (Other than inciting political unrest )
Political unrest is my specialy, but I do it for free and for pleasure . I find my experience from the years of martial law in Poland very useful for the task.

For money I provide automated off-line backup for small offices. I didn't even plan on doing it since web service is not my primary area of expertise. This additional income just happened because I read some postings on this board. Someone posted his site (http://www.rent-a-pro.com) and I submitted a bid for a project that was almost a perfect description of software I had already written and just completed a 2 month testing period.

A local company asked me for a backup solution so I wrote a little program which zips their critical data, encrypts the data and sends it to an offline storage. I described the program in this thread. They were happy with the functionality and convenience, especially that in their case it is also a great time saver. The rest is justa word of mouth.

Old 11-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaMartin
I have done 10K in a week, while I was in the hospital and recovering. That was just selling to customers I already had.
I'm sure that would have done wonders for the recovery

Old 11-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcristo
I'm sure that would have done wonders for the recovery
Well I would of much rather not been going through any pain. But it wasn't a bad week business wise.

Old 11-22-2004, 04:48 PM

Just small question

I am lookin forward to work in the website design industry as an opportunity for challenge that would help me utilize my education and skills to enhance my future growth as well as the company’s. Even though I am not at the age of going into university yet,I am learning as much as I can.

Right now I am planning on a project for the school website, even though I haven't talked with the big bosss . But I think that might give me some nice background for university

In my case what would you guys do if I wanted to, I don't know, well make a little money becuase that would really help me ( by web design, graphics etc. Just Ideas for later on in life )

Thanks ,
kakarotto

Old 11-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaMartin
Well I would of much rather not been going through any pain. But it wasn't a bad week business wise.
Sorry, if that came across the wrong way...

Old 11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcristo
Sorry, if that came across the wrong way...
No it didn't I understand what you meant

Old 11-22-2004, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarotto
I am lookin forward to work in the website design industry as an opportunity for challenge that would help me utilize my education and skills to enhance my future growth as well as the company’s. Even though I am not at the age of going into university yet,I am learning as much as I can.
Sounds like the first paragraph of an awesome cover letter for a résumé

Old 11-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I have done 10K in a week
What are you selling?

Old 11-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gariben
What are you selling?
That was selling software.

Old 11-23-2004, 09:52 AM

I guess I have just realised how lucky I am, we run www.counciltenantsmortgages.co.uk I am not touting for business. It is a simplistic little site, yet it does £55million per year in new mortgage business, I spend about £3,500 (three thousand five hundred) per year on PPC with Overture. I believe passionately about news updates. I have spent years in forums, years doing the wrong things but learning all the time. Get in Directories, get links no Link Farms, join forums - contribute, help others, but most of all make your business stand out, use this tool to see how your site has changed over the years, remember what you did wrong and learn by it www.archive.org it will blow your mind!

Old 11-23-2004, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTABUK
Get in Directories, get links no Link Farms, join forums - contribute, help others, but most of all make your business stand out, use this tool to see how your site has changed over the years, remember what you did wrong and learn by it www.archive.org it will blow your mind!
...and treat your customer with all seriousnes and honesty. Not worth to clench your claws on that $100 deal just because you can. You may loose a buck or two going an extra mile to make them happy but if you do they will bring in ten more customers.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue