Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 04-09-2004, 01:58 PM

Making over $500/month on the Net Check in!

If you are making over $ $500/month or more a month from the net post in here . If possible explain us how you ended making that money.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

One of my websites, www.cadenzaweb.com generates about $3200 in sales a month, but profits are slightly below $2000.

The biggest tip I can give is be honest and upfront with your customers. I always say that trust sells products online, not ad-copy. Trust is the most important sale you'll make, but is always the hardest to earn. Make sure you have a way for all your clients to connect with you directly. Toll-Free numbers are a must. Answer every email personally, and take interest in your client, and their business. Keep in touch with them, even if it means initiating the conversation.

The best advertising will always be Word-Of-Mouth advertising. Make sure you clients know that if they are happy to tell their friends.

Testimonials, Testimonials, Testimonials.

Become an expert in your field. Strive to learn everything you can about the services you provide. Never stop learning.

Don't undersell yourself. I often see people competing for the lowest priced service. Fight for the highest quality customers instead. 9/10 times, the highest quality customers wont be looking for inexpensive services.... more profit for you.

Keep track of every aspect of your business on paper, or in the computer. I use quickbooks to manage everything. Track your PPC campaigns, ROI, SEO etc...

Many young business's fail due to a lack of profits, obviously. Be thrifty with your spending. Don't hire someone to do what you can do yourself. The less you spend, the more money you make. Now, there are obvious exceptions to this, like Hiring and SEO if you don't know what you're doing well enough, and hiring a graphic artist to design a logo, if you can't draw to save your life.... etc...

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people over pay for hsoting. Now, hosting is vital to your business, and shouldn't be something you skimp on. However, I get people all the time who tell me "I got a sweet deal on webhosting!! 10 gigs of space for $50/mth!!" Etc... In reality, you most likely won't need 10 gigs of space... don't pay for what you don't need. If you only need 100 meg, don't pay for 10 gig!! That's a huge amount of your profits out the window, especiallly for startup companies. Buy from a reputable company, and buy what you need. Trust me, they won't complain if you want to upgrade later.

If you are serious about making money online, you have to treat it as your job. Devout a few hours everyday toward it, and schedule what you have to get done that day. Always plan in promotion, email time, etc... I see many people who think they can set up their website, and let it run itself. Never happens that way. People who make it big, work harder and smarter than anyone else. Eventually, you'll get to the point where your business becomes your full time job. Then you can devout more time to it, and become more succesful.

This thread so far seems to be very money motivated, but remember that money is not only reason to work online. Money is nice, but if you focus on enjoying what you do, working for yourself, and having the freedom to make you're own schedule, then you are in the right business.

Remember, There's no such thing as luck online, only hard work, and persperation pay off. I'm very interested hearing what others have to say. I'm exhausted, so I'm out. Hope I have been of some help.

Josh

Old 04-10-2004, 11:19 PM

sale over

Old 04-12-2004, 11:58 AM

I have lowered it to $1000 now. Let us face it, must of us here wants to make the maximum amount of money with our sites. And we need to learn from other people doing good on the net so we can model. If you are making $500-1000/per month on the net can you explain how you do it or what do you do to make money on the net?

Old 04-12-2004, 12:07 PM

generating income on the net is mostly targeted to getting into a niche market that isnt saturated yet. Its a tough thing to do.

Personally, I generate over $1000 a month, but then again, I own a web development company.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:48 PM

I am making over $2700 per month and rising and how I do it is combining several affiliate progams into 1 site.

www.pluginprofitsite.com/main-311

I have several income streams and 11 checks from different companies each month.

How??? Promoting and through my ezine with targeted traffic. You have to attack the promoting game through several arenas such as banner advertising, ezines, swap ads, leads, etc.

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
www.24hourwealth.com

Old 04-13-2004, 08:59 AM

I do not get it ! I am not sure really how you make money with that site. Maybe you sell that product that is on it. I wish you could explain us more, but thanks for participating in that post.

Old 04-14-2004, 08:46 AM

I have just lowered it to $ 750 lol anyone else want to share more secrets. I will stop at $500 if anyone make over $ 500 a month let us know how you do it.

Old 04-15-2004, 07:25 PM

Yes I make over $1000 a month - I am in the web design business though so it's a product/service that people online are more likely to need. I also find that Google Adsense is another very good way to earn if you have a busy site.

Karen

Old 04-27-2004, 10:48 AM

I have just lowered it to 500 buck just like an auction. Anyone else wants to participate? This is pretty good thread, because the main idea is to make a profit out of being on the net.

Old 04-28-2004, 02:16 AM

$3000

I am the webmaster of a PPC which makes me around $3000 NETT Profiet/month....

well the highest was around $7500 in February 2004, but it usually is aroudn $3000-4000/month

Old 07-20-2004, 10:39 AM

I've made well over a 1/4 million from the net in the last 6 years. Not a fortune but it pays the bills.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

1/4million/6 years sounds so much better than $3500/month... hehe.

Old 07-21-2004, 12:48 PM

The difference,

why don't you give us a hint. How did you make that money

Old 07-21-2004, 09:09 PM
v7n Mentor

Well over $1000 mo in ecommerce, fluctuates drastically depending on the season.

Additional income from advertising and web design. I sometimes offer free hosting to new clients in exchange for allowing me to run adsense at the bottom of the pages (if I think it's a potential high-traffic site). You can make substantially more in a month with Adsense than a client is willing to pay for hosting.

Old 07-22-2004, 07:12 AM

I make over $500, $750 or even $1,000 per month.
How do I do it? I just looked for a good niche with good affiliate programs. Then, created a site about the affiliate product and then applied everything I have learned so far with regards to SEO. Now, I'm listed in a decent position on google for the product I sell and make ok money (more than $1,000 per month)
Anybody can really do it if they are willing to work hard enough, but most people give up to fast. It takes WORK.

Old 07-24-2004, 06:56 AM

I second that last point - WORK.

Some people think there's easy mnoey to be made on the net. There isn't - just different markets that you can try and work to get an income from. But like all things to do with success, it takes dedication and persistance to get there.

Old 07-24-2004, 03:33 PM

And people who think that there is easy money to be made, usually fall for the scams and empty promises.
Been there, done that!
And trust me, no easy money, but if you work hard and smart, you can make more money faster from the web, than in the "real" world. But again, it takes WORK.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:37 AM
v7n Mentor

Greater than 1k.

1. Selling Products
2. Affiliate Programs
3. Advertising
4. Web Hosting Service

It takes time, understanding, and determination.

You can be determined, and have time to work BUT if you don't understand the industry or the business in general you are just throwing your determination at wasted time.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:59 AM

Over $1000 / mo.
1. Adsense
2. Advertising

#1 for competitive terms in Google and Yahoo and no - it wasn't easy.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue