Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-03-2008, 08:29 AM

AlertPay (anyone ever use them?)

Just curious if anyone has ever done any transactions through alertpay or has an account with them? I pretty much stick to just Paypal and Moneybookers but recently I had Paypal freeze an incoming payment for an "audit". They tied up that money for almost 3 weeks. In the nature of my work I can't start a job till I have the money in the bank so by the time it was cleared the client wanted a refund. So I lost out on over $200 because of Paypal.

I can understand investigating suspicious accounts when dealing with merchandise but I offer a service, no product changes hands so there was no reason to freeze that money pending their review.

So, now I am looking for an alternative for those clients of mine who tend to have their funds frozen through paypal for whatever reason.

Can anyone share their experiences with Alertpay?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, please. I am also want to know more about it? If AlertPay blocks accounts and can you withdraw your money from blocked accounts? Thank you for your answer.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:23 PM

Cool

First of all I want to congratulate you for this nice forum you have here.

I'm using AlertPay for over 1 year and a half since they started as a "made for traffic exchanges" payment processor without any major problems.Email support is good : 24h-48h and phone support is ok.

I've held and withdrawn over 40K through AlertPay without problems having my account verified.

My overall experience : Far better than PayPal as they have smaller fees,they accept autosurfs , adult and have stronger seller protect policy. If they'll start to be known and used more will be better than PayPal ..
Quote:
If AlertPay blocks accounts and can you withdraw your money from blocked accounts?
No you can't withdraw from blocked accounts BUT they'll have a better acceptance that PayPal so you'll not find your account limited or blocked without a proper evidence of fraud.

Feel free to check my AlertPay blog to find out more details on AlertPay account types,fees or referral program

Old 02-10-2008, 01:59 PM

AlertPay on CNN

Don't know about you guys but it seems AlertPay is getting up there. CNN money wrote an article about AlertPay.com check it out

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...ves.fsb/3.html

Old 02-10-2008, 02:25 PM

I think I might join up and keep only small amounts in there till they win my trust.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I used Alertpay for my business and never head problems with it, I do think the "secure accounts" was a bit too much, because of the high fees. I'm glad they changed that now and now they also accept credit card payments, this will make a lot of people consider using Alertpay than those scammers PayPal.
I say down with PayPal.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:11 AM

Sounds great, guys! I too have had problems with PayPal. They're really bad with their customer service and it's so hard paying my seller on eBay. I keep getting the message that payment cannot be funded with a credit card at this time. I've been paying my seller in small amounts and I find that so unprofessional! I'm really mad at PayPal for doing this! Anyway, I'm going to try out alertpay and see how it goes. Thanks for the info!

Karina

Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM

Alertpay allow buy with credit cards?

Old 03-10-2008, 03:58 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, they support credit card processing but they are more expensive on this than Google Checkout, MoneyBookers and PayPal.
I suggest you go With Google Checkout or MoneyBookers for credit card processing.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Uhm...I wonder why they request all these stuff:
Quote:
Accepted forms of Photo ID

* Driverís license
* Passport
* Country ID
* State/Provincial ID

Accepted forms of Proof of Address

* Phone bill
* Bank statement
* Credit card statement
* Utility bill

Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Latest Blog:
None

They don't request all those documents, those are a list of accepted verification documents. This is a very normal way of verifying your personal information.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Contributing Member

I did try to register alertpay but never tried having transaction with them yet. but my friends did try using it for a month now and never mention anything bad about them. And there are some articles that are saying alert pay is some what a alternative to paypal.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Now that it supports credit card transactions I would say it's a much better alternative o PayPal, the only disadvantage is that the credit card transaction fees are quite high...

Old 03-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

But for me I prefer using paypal. well it is because it's track records. it's ups and down. hehehehe

I have been using paypal for about two years now and I never have been a problem.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaak View Post
They don't request all those documents, those are a list of accepted verification documents. This is a very normal way of verifying your personal information.
Uhm...for business account, I think it is necessary to provide those documents. Idk.
Quote:
How can I remove this restriction?
In order to remove your account restriction,become AlertPay Verified. This process can take up to 3 business days to review your verification documents.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:25 AM
v7n Mentor

I just registered for alertpay business account. I have to go get a state ID I guess to verify, I have been using my old Florida drivers license whenever asked for ID and they expired in Nov. of '05. I'm on disability and not allowed to drive yet so haven't bothered getting an ID, I guess this is my reason. I have had PayPal for hell I guess 7+ years. I've never had any problems out of them except for the fact that I can't usually get a history of my account through their website as it usually doesn't work. I need a way to collect funds for sites that are outside PayPal's acceptability i.e. adult or gambling so perhaps AlertPay will be a good alternative to that......The one thing though about it, is I have a paypal atm/bank card, meaning if someone pays me by PayPal I can immediately access it. I didn't see anything like this on AlertPay?

And is egold worth looking into as a third alternative?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Currently Alertpay doesn't support ATM cards, you could contact them to know the full details about whether they are ever going to support them.
You are lucky not to have had any trouble with PayPal yet but as they say: it's better to prevent it.

And remember that E-gold is an e-currency and not a payment processor, it certainly is not a bad choice of offering it as an alternative but it requires some extra work to get it converted to money, either by selling it or by converting it (fees apply) via for example Alertpay.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:26 AM

Imposible to login to AlertPay or to contact them

Hello,
I've just registered today on AlertPay and so far I haven't been able to log into the account after nearly 1 hour or more, with all the back and forth emails of: "haven't forgotten your password,..." then when I'm trying to contact them through the "contact us" form, a message appears saying
The following errors occurred:
The email is in the wrong format

I'm starting to become really frustrated. If this is their customer service I wonder how it would be inside. Does anyone know what might be the problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks for the info! I am going to sign up today

Old 04-01-2008, 08:21 AM

Question

hello knslm,
I don't know what to make of your reply. I don't understand it. Could you please clarify it for me.

Many thanks

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread