Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-10-2009, 01:00 AM
No Longer Active

Exclamation REVIEW RULES (READ BEFORE POSTING)

When Requesting a Review
  • Review a minimum of 3 other sites before requesting a review.
  • Thread titles must be formatted like this: Review: mysite.com
  • Do not use anchor text to request a review, just provide the URL.
  • Do not use this forum to promote or advertise your site.
Review requests that do not follow the above listed rules are subject to removal.

Please be specific concerning your review request. Are you requesting a design review? Are you requesting a review of your layout or content? Are you asking about how the marketing or SEO of the site looks? Or, are you looking for a general overall review. If you are simply posting a template that you have purchased, then you will need to be VERY SPECIFIC about what you are asking for help with. Are you asking if it fits your target audience? Are you asking if the template sucks? Why are you requesting a review? If you are not specific, or if your review request is not sincerely requesting feedback, then it will be removed.

When requesting a review, please be prepared for the fact that members are likely to give their honest opinions and sometimes advice can come across as harsh. Don't take it personally.

When Providing a Review

We ask that you offer respectful opinions as to why you do or do not like the site and any issues you noticed while reviewing their site. When possible provide ideas for solutions.

When criticizing, please do so in a mature constructive manner.

Please provide constructive reviews.
Reviews consisting of brief comments such as "nice site" are of no value to anyone and will not be counted towards the minimum reviews needed to request a review.

Example Bad Review Response:

I like it. It looks good.

Example Good Review Response:

I really like the overall look of the site, It comes across as clean and professional. I do have some concerns that the quality of your pictures may not show your products clearly enough (from a marketing perspective) to make me feel as if I want to place an order right now. I would recommend using larger thumbnails of higher quality. If you are unable to afford a professional photographer for product images, there are tons of sites on the web with step by tutorials to learn to do this yourself. Keep up the great work, and remember it takes time to get everything exactly they way you want it, but you will get there!

How To Write A Quality Review
http://www.v7n.com/forums/website-re...ty-review.html

Last edited by snakeair; 03-05-2017 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Made the title in caps so people actually read it.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Closed Thread