Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Share |
Old 07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
SEO Guru

Review: New-forest-bed-breakfast.co.uk

Hello V7N forum friends,

It would be great having your views and comments on this new forest accommodation and b&b site - new-forest-bed-breakfast.co.uk

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 07-18-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

I think the site looks simple. Just add some forest related images in the banner..

Old 07-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Senior Web Developer

some suggestions:
-make the middle box be fluid, at the moment it has a fixed size and on high resolutions it looks weird with too much white space around it.
-allow users to disable the sound, some of us find it very annoying when a website makes noise.
-work a bit more on the paddings and margins on the left menu, the options and checkboxes appear too close to the borders.
-set a definitive width of all the side (right and left) boxes, they all have different widths at the moment and with the green border that is too noticeable.
-make a logo and a better favicon.

With some more css work you'll be fine.

regards.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:17 AM

Review

It's a huge turn off to have the talking girl in the corner. But other than that a little style added to the header and some margins added to the sides would greatly improve the aesthetics.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

The layout of the site needs a bit of attention, namely the margins and spaces between the middle info section and the sections on the right and the left. The domain name also gave me the impression I was visiting a B&B called the New Forest B&B....when in fact the site is about accomodation generally in the New Forest area. The "Virtua Girl" is indeed a turn-off (and she cannot be turned off) and there is also mention of Virtual reps that can be contacted. For a site that is promoting what is essentially country B&B's in a rural setting, a more homely feel would be expected on a site...a contradiction to "virtua reps". Otherwise there seems to be some informative content on there and some good welcoming photos.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

concept of site is good but overall the site looks cramped. i think site should have been made in flash. there is lot of scope for improvement. font needs to be changed.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 PM
SEO Guru

Thanks all for giving your valuable time for posting the your review about the site.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:09 PM

I wasn't crazy about the long scroll to view the accomadations. Perhaps, you could categorize the accomadations in the list and create seperate pages for each "type" and make links to those pages on the home page. It just seems that if I were wanting a hotel, I would be annoyed having to scroll the whole list of B&B's, campsites, etc.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

Lose the talking woman - very distracting and unprofessional. Furthermore it makes scrolling the page up and down really slow in my web browser. Aside from that the site looks good.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review