Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Share |
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Banned

Review: cellspynow.com

Hi,
I just created a site and modify it: Spy

I would like to ask some recommendation and suggestion. Any criticism is very much appreciated for me to improve my site.

Thank you,

Last edited by snakeair; 09-29-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: format title

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

I think it looks pretty good, though it's a bit standard. I feel like one long front sales page can be a bit overwhelming - I like presenting my 'buyers' with a relatively simple and well laid out single page front page offering them two options, like 'More Info' and 'Buy Now.'

Examples of what I'm talking about (for Wordpress) being Obscorp and Feature Pitch.

But your style looks good and I know that's common - just a few things, I notice some grammar issues and also words spelled incorrectly. Going over this with a fine-tooth comb and/or someone very comfortable in the English language would pay off.

I notice at the bottom I'm getting a broken image under the Twitter bird icon.

Hope some of this helps! It actually looks like an interesting product, you do a good job of selling it.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

I would advice you somehow change the part that comes after the title "Instant Delivery".

For me it seems very hard to read, no matter that it is in a big font, still so big paragraph and all text goes simply together, I think it is hard to read that part! If you could decrease the font, maybe use bullets if that would be appropriate, or something else, that it would look better.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Banned

Thanks, I will consider that suggestion. "Instant Delivery" part.

@Apposl: Thanks a lot. I will check it again the grammar, and most of all the twitter link icon.. Thank you.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Contributing Member

the table content under ".Get it NOW while you still can " is a bit weak IMHO as I read it.

maybe a bigger / more eye catching / attractive font can help a bit?

as I see the site I suppose that is the area where you "Catch" potential buyer?

Old 10-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckz View Post
the table content under ".Get it NOW while you still can " is a bit weak IMHO as I read it.

maybe a bigger / more eye catching / attractive font can help a bit?

as I see the site I suppose that is the area where you "Catch" potential buyer?
Yes you have a point from that area. I was thinking too if changing font style on that section could catch some customers, but any suggestions of what font style I could use?

Old 10-13-2010, 07:25 PM

This squeeze page design is not the best way to go. See if you can add some better content since you don't want people to be turned off thinking it is a " me too " squeeze site with a video somewhere on the page. If you can add some more livelier elements it would really help.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgold View Post
This squeeze page design is not the best way to go. See if you can add some better content since you don't want people to be turned off thinking it is a " me too " squeeze site with a video somewhere on the page. If you can add some more livelier elements it would really help.
"me too"? what particular thing you mean mate? Didn't get you clearly.sorry.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:29 PM
v7n Mentor

Fonts are all over the place as in size and usage. Do sites designed like this really produce results. It's just not impressing to me that I should whip out my credit card and make a purchase.

I don't care for the background color whatsoever.

Header is 1/2 the top fold.. too much space is wasted and the two little dark icon characters are not good.

User Login - text is odd and maybe move it to the top. It's out of place to me.

The blue highlight.. try yellow.

I'd focus on the video at the top fold quickly.. get them to see something more rather than having people read cause the way it is now I don't see too many taking the time to read this website.

Small images etc.. are just poor quality. Seams this website was created in less than 20 minutes. Seriously if you're wanting this site to sell it's way off base.

Really just don't care for all the HUGE font sizes.

I do like all the little photos of the cell phones on this page http://www.cellspynow.com/compatible_phones.html but when you scroll down you see this screaming text RETURN TO HOMEPAGE .. overkill to me.

The footer is not professional.

Sorry, I'm rather blunt and prefer to say what I don't like when reviewing

Old 01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

Thank you Snerdey
I consider your comment and will be heading and modify things as suggested

Old 01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

I know you'll never rank that website in a million years for the word spy. If I were you I would check out some of the latest sales pages and see what everyone else is doing. Websites like "Autotrafficavalanche.com" are what's working right now.

What I would do if I were you you is add a blog that way you can add content to your website and it's not just a sales page. Then you might want to work on some of the graphics.

Personally as an affiliate marketer I would never promote your website. Most people would be turned off by the design. of course that's just my two cents. Other than that you did good for doing it yourself. ( Don't want to be too negative )

Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Banned

No worries, comments are accepted. I am just doing this base on what the head of me wants to happen.....I though Autotrafficavalanche is already sold out, I received an email from that site few months ago....

But all in ALL, thanks for that. I know that from the start that the sales page really not that good ... but have to ask the head of me if I can modify things as what you recommend....thanks mate.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

It's more convincing if you add longer testimonials and proofs that the product is recommendable. Consumers do really love reading reviews right?

Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 AM

Design wise its extremely simple, but it works the only thing I would say on the conversion side of things. Is that it looks like a scam, even if it isn't. The design layout to me just screams LEAVE this website now. As does the wording of things.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 AM

maybe it treats only me but navigation is uncomfortable(
where is your site map? if i need to find smth quickly it will be hard to do(

Old 01-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Banned

Sorry to say this but for me ... it look boring and unprofessional. You don't have a main font, so choose one. As far design goes, I say you better change it all.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:54 AM

the design is too simple..
nowaday there are bunch of minisite out there that can make your site
much more energetic in appearance.
You will lost the potential buyer when they enter your site and look how plain this site.. and think its an old site.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

I haven't entirely read the previous comments so I'm probably repeating things but it doesn't look like a brand at all. It looks like the old fashioned long page sell (what is the purpose of these type of pages anyway? is it really an effective way to sell downloadable software/ebooks?).

I'd recommend focusing on a colour scheme and sticking to it, not just using random coloured text / background / images. Condense the information (no one will read all the way to the bottom, it would take an hour) and present it in a more professional and modern format.

If you desperately need a lot of information maybe split it into multiple pages (but keep the home page simple enough to navigate through).

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review