Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 PM

review: www.hostwinds.com

http://www.hostwinds.com

I just re-designed my website from scratch. This is my first static website (no CMS used).

I built the entire thing from scratch including most of the graphics (some are stock icons etc....)

I would like an overall review of the layout of the website, as well as the usability and ease of navigation. Would you buy my products etc..... I really look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

[removed]

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 02-16-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhoster View Post
http://www.hostwinds.com

I just re-designed my website from scratch. This is my first static website (no CMS used).

I built the entire thing from scratch including most of the graphics (some are stock icons etc....)

I would like an overall review of the layout of the website, as well as the usability and ease of navigation. Would you buy my products etc..... I really look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

[removed]
The top of the page looks good. Getting down to the Web Hosting Unlimited Bandwidth area, I think the text (our professional web hosting) should be smaller, it starts looking too busy in that area.

Also the welcome to Hostwinds... The text below that needs to be a little smaller, perhaps a different font, maybe in italic.

On the footer, Again, I think I'd try a different font and maybe use less options. It looks a little cluttered / spam'ie.

On the Web Hosting page, the Hosting Plans are not rendering properly for me in FireFox. The Free Web Ceo Account is half cut off. I'd clean up that order now button, either make it hang over the bottom or don't. The 1px or so it is down just makes it look bad.

Also the Cpanel live demo has a low res logo for Cpanel. I am sure they will supply you with quality art work if you ask.

On the Unlimited Hosting Policy page; It's 100 Mbps, not 100 MBS. Honestly, that is quite a lame explanation of why you give unlimited bandwidth.

In regard to the Unlimited Disk Space, it's just flat out wrong. Hard drives for servers are not cheaper than consumer hard drives. At best, price wise, your using the same disks as consumers are. Hopefully though your using higher quality disks in a Raid array.

I strongly urge you to check your facts and re-write that page.

VPS page, the text for the plans is spilling over out of the bounds of the box.

Looking at your other pages, again, the font and or the size of the text needs to change, it just doesn't look right.

The header bar, the logo, the phone number, the chat now, and the menus all look good. The check domain box doesn't look right to me, again maybe a different font. The .com needs to be centered vertically and horizontally. Change Start to Search.

Good Luck.

Jamie

Old 02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I only looked at your home page and your design is very good. I think it looks better than the webhosting company that I currently use which is hostrocket.com

Your fac page could use more information it is pretty bare compared to the hostrocket.com faq page.

Can you also review my site, its listed under maternity, baby and kids clothes - urbanmist.com

Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 AM

??? What browser are you using Jamie?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 AM

And what is your screen resolution?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhoster View Post

And what is your screen resolution?
I'm in FireFox Beta 11, which has been working quite well and I've seen very few web sites show up with problems. I also just checked in Chrome. The blocks on the web hosting pages look correct in chrome. The Free Web Ceo is still getting cut off going into the blue area on the web hosting page in FireFox. One screen is around 1200 and the other is around 1600. Does the same thing on both.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review