Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Review: www.nextmobi.net

Hi guys!

I've created new website about mobile phones www.nextmobi.net. I hope it will be fully usable in January.

I am very interested in criticism and suggestions about design of the website and usability but it would also be nice to hear about content and SEO.

Comments and reviews about usability of mobile version m.nextmobi.net are also welcome!

Thanks!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Latest Blog:
None

loads fast/normal on my server...
colors id say are profesional...
its not to the point.. lets just start on this.. i clicked on windows phone.. bf its what hubby has.. but I have a droid (there was no info there) then i had to click on a loadmore and i got lost.. it could be just me but thats my 2 cents.. really I guess my first 2 comments are more helpful .. sorry!!

jessica

Old 11-29-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks for reply. Now I have only old stuff. Android content will be added when website will be fully operational (January). I am also thinking about implementing mobile phone detection/recognition using WURFL so only content which is useful is shown for your device.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:23 AM

First off, from an SEO perspective the Title of your home page is just your website name. I would recommend changing the title to something like "Mobile Phone Downloads" or "Phone Apps" etc. - research that using the Google Keyword Tool.

From a design perspective the top section which has forum activity and newest Java apps seems a little bit empty. I would redesign that area to make it more full of things to click on (I would remove the forum activity, my personal taste)

One last thing. In the newest Java Apps section, the only way to view the app is by clicking the text download for free make the upper text e.g. "Fighter King Of Brawl" click-able as well. And make the target of the link drop you down to the Header lie /fighter-king-of-brawl#header (when I clicked on the link it appeared like I was on the same page and confused me a little)

Old 12-01-2011, 02:49 AM

Thanks for suggestions!
The idea to use /fighter-king-of-brawl#header is very interesting. I maybe would go even little bit further: when clicking on game title it goes to description of the file but when clicking "Download for free" it jumps directly to list of direct download links.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Hi Friend,
I don't like the layout of your website. Gray color not looks very promising. Don't mind.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alandawn View Post
Hi Friend,
I don't like the layout of your website. Gray color not looks very promising. Don't mind.
Do you have any suggestions for a layout change then?

We are looking for some Quality Reviews that have a little bit more details in them.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review