Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Review: TickaGeek.com

Hello,

I would like to receive some reviews about overall design and usuability of TickaGeek.com.
You can access our private area with some testing logins that I will be glad to provide per request.

Thank you !

Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Well the design of your site is nice, very clean and professional. There is a major issue however, whenever I click a link in your navbar all I get is a hashtag at the end of the url. And I don't go anywhere. So basically if I am a potential user of this site I can't navigate at all, I'd quickly go elsewhere.

I do like your logo, it's cool but quirky. And I like that I can access your site in french as well as English (even if I don't speak it). Although after I click french if I click any link it redirects back to the broken links, in English.

You should always make sure your site is working properly, especially before potential users are looking at it. I know personally if a site like yours ins't working perfectly the first time I use it I wont be coming back.

Overall good design, no usability.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

Hello,

That's why I offered an access to private testing area for members, as it's under development.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDany View Post
You can access our private area with some testing logins that I will be glad to provide per request.
That gave me the impression that I needed a login to access certain parts of the website not the entire thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDany View Post
Hello,

That's why I offered an access to private testing area for members, as it's under development.
I believe that maybe you should get your site properly working to where anyone can use it before asking for reviews.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

Hello,

The homepage is containing no working links just to NOT let users access parts having errors and in testing version, I prepared an account for testers of our members area for that case, and main review was for design.

You can use "Testing" as login and password for members

Thank you

Old 03-30-2012, 05:02 AM

The home page at first glance looks good. However it took a while for me to realize what you are selling, and I'm still not sure I know exactly what services you provide...

Everything is very white, I feel a little bit like I'm in an insane asylum. Could you add some color to the navbar? Everything is just white on white on white.

I would also suggest making your social buttons a little more visible. They are tucked away in the corner and also very small.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

Thank you, the services we are providing are as much as possible presented in the homepage slideshow in top. We have white, green, blue, clear blue, black, yellow, orange colors ...

You are right for social buttons, will make them more visible.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am not in any way a designer, but I personally liked the white in this case, it made me focus on the content. I also liked the timing of the slide show. Most have the slideshow run too fast. I also like that the slideshow pauses when the cursor is over it.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

Thank you for your review

Anything else ?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

looks professional
i like it
you should add even more content and keywords for seo purposes

Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Overall I like the theme of your site, but I've noticed that some of the images either don't have transparent backgrounds, or they're somewhat blurry. Other then that though, everything I've looked at looks great so far and I wish you the best of luck with your site. Oh and one last thing, I noticed that you don't currently have a favicon. I think a favicon is a very important theme element that adds a lot to the site. Good luck!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review