Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Share |
Old 10-06-2013, 01:30 PM

Review: NichePage.com

We have been working on this website for nearly 3 years and are on the verge of putting up the white flag unless we can get your help to identify the issues and move forward. The purpose of the website is for people to be able to create a page where they can share their knowledge about products with others and earn about 5% commission off of any product on amazon that they recommend and sell on their page. We have not been able to get anybody to create a page up until now and don't know why.

What we would like to know is

1. Do you understand the idea of the website?
2. What do you think about the idea?
3. Why do you think people are not creating pages?
4. Why would you not create a page?
5. What would we have to do to get you to create a page?
6. If you were to create a page what product line would you write about?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 AM

To be frank i didn't understand the idea of the website. (Use some customer testimonials in the home page who received some checks for writing niche page)..
The idea is good but what is the necessary to get amazon products from other sites. If the people are intended they will directly shop from amazon itself. They don't take risks.
Convey the message clearly for making people create pages.
And i don't think people have time to write such a big content. Only those who are interested in blogging will do. But they have many other ways to make money.

But on the whole it is a good idea, my best wishes..

Old 10-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Contributing Member

It's an original idea that can turn out to be effective should you put effort and knowledge into the task because many people will be interested in checking out the offer and possibly earn a few bucks too. You may make it easier for users to log on with their Facebook or Twitter details, also you may consider putting up a small video box at the top of your homepage, explaining briefly what the viewers and members will find by participating in the plan. Your site needs traffic, a ton of that, so be patient for some time.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:59 PM

It doesn't matter what you are selling on the internet people will always buy it's just that you have to get to those people. Try to use google adwords or yahoos similarity to promote and get customer base.

You have to pay to play, good luck.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

The design is very clean. I definitely like the idea, just probably should make a better introduction on the home page, what is all about.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfa32937 View Post
We have been working on this website for nearly 3 years and are on the verge of putting up the white flag unless we can get your help to identify the issues and move forward. The purpose of the website is for people to be able to create a page where they can share their knowledge about products with others and earn about 5% commission off of any product on amazon that they recommend and sell on their page. We have not been able to get anybody to create a page up until now and don't know why.

The idea of the site is very easy to understand. The categories and niches are fairly easily laid out to view. The idea is still new to me so I can't really comment on how profitable it is. I think you need a huge ad campaign to get more users.

You need to frequent more forums and get the word out in a non-spamming way.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

Based on 30 seconds of looking at the site I will give my first impressions:

Review site by asking readers to suggest products?

Not convinced, unless you can hit the critical mass of having lots of people suggest things

:effort:

Why would I? When people are not creating pages and site doesn't look active (double edged sword)

I wouldn't. I have better things to do (sorry... honest opinion)

I haven't got time, see 5 above.

Conclusion on 30 second show:

It is not clear what incentive there is for people to complete pages. How much can they earn? How much turnover do you have? Make it clearer. Start completing lots of products yourself if needed.

More detailed look (another 60 seconds):

I had a look at some of the pages, and to be honest there is nothing new here. Some generic posts about different types of products and a very brief few boxes on the right with some affiliate links. The content looks a little "wall of texty", with no images on the ones I checked. I really don't think this is the product of 3 years of work.

AND final look:

Ok, it finally took me 5 minutes to realise what the site is about. So people make and create an account so they can list their products on their niche page. Interesting concept, but most affiliate marketers will be using their own sites, and now you successfully made me feel like an idiot for not reading the site properly in the small snippets of time I allowed to do my review. Maybe the words "Create your own Amazon Affiliate store" somewhere might have helped some? All I got was knowledge share and that just meant nothing too me.

Conclusion

I hope my thought processes helped a little... It was not meant to belittle the site, or idea... as it could be great. It is simply just not clear what the site is about in the small amount of time visitors would spend there before doing the back button.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:28 PM

Review: NichePage.com

We are really struggling trying to figure out if people coming to our site can figure out what its about in a short period of time.

NichePage.com

If you could go to the site above and really quickly try to figure out the purpose for the site and then share your findings here that would be great. Best feedback I can get is telling me what you think the site is about and how you came to that conclusion.

Thanks!

[new request added to existing thread by Admin]

Old 01-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

Your website name does not fit well with the purpose of your site and can actually deter a lot of people away.

I am not sure about your traffic but if you do not have enough of it, that can be your reason of why people do not write things. You have to get targeted traffic for this to work.

Also, if you didn't tell me anything about your website, I would not know what the purpose of it was.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfa32937 View Post

Because what you're offering sounds like a scam?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review