Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Share |
Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

thankyou html. i would have to leave the text to web man. dont think i could do that and he will change the media icons as well.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM

You have received quite a few reviews already so it's possible someone already pointed out that:

1)
The cricket in the favicon would look better with a transparent background
2)
It looks to me as though the van has been badly resized or something.
Look how "pixeled" is the top.
I am not sure I am making myself clear as it's not my area of expertise...
3)
I find the footer text difficult to read. I mean the background/text contrast.
However my monitor is not any good so it might be just me.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the review. i like the idea of having the favicon with a clear background. i will look into that.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:22 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1979 View Post
OK, I have a little spare time on my hands so here we go:

3. You need to think about optimising your content for your local market. Create copies of every services page, and add the location to the end of it for each location you want to target. Don't do hundreds of different locations, but choose a few main ones, and add to it over time. You can use adwords to get an indication of the best phrase to target.

For example
Code:
http://www.grasshoppergardenservices.co.uk/services/lawn-treatment
would be
Code:
http://www.grasshoppergardenservices.co.uk/services/lawn-treatment-Grimsby
Try to make each of those pages unique (change the text etc, and add "Grimsby" to headings etc. Try to use "lawn treatment grimsby" around 4 times, and make sure you have 700+words. Interlink posts for each town. So try to add a contextual link from "lawn treatment grimby page" to the scarifying grimbsby page. Essentially, you want all the link juice to flow between all your money pages. Use a Joomla SEO plugin to help with this.

4. Remember the links I said to remove from the footer. Add a new footer section with something like "Areas Covered" and add a link to several of the money pages, for each town \ location. You probably won't be able to cover all the different services for each location as it will look spammy, which is why you need to focus on interlinking the location pages as mentioned above.

thank you for your advice. i have more of an understanding of my website now so i think i would be able to carry out what you have mentioned above.
say i focused on 3 areas for example, i would have links for these 3 areas in the fotter ie. areas covered: Truro . St Agnes . Newquay.
and for every services i offer it would have a page specific for each of these areas ie. lawn treatment newquay, lawn treatment truro, lawn traetment st agnes, turfing newquay, turning truro and so on. content on each of the pages would be unique as well.
one thing i am unsure is in my drop down menu which pages should these bring up. just the standard lawn treatment page what is there now or to one of the new pages that is area specific.
sorry if i am not explaning this very well its hard to put it into words

Old 05-30-2014, 06:03 PM

where is your server location take places ? I've been waiting for a long time (it's about a minute) just for load the index page. Although the image file was not too big, but for visitor from 3rd world countries. that so annoying

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review