Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-13-2016, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

Review:databytebank.com

Hi All,

I have created a blog at http://databytebank.com/. Kindly review about content and design.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

I don't know what to review. It looks like a plain-Jane WP Blog, looking like it's pretty much a straight install with little to no customizing. Am I missing something here?

Old 04-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I don't know what to review. It looks like a plain-Jane WP Blog, looking like it's pretty much a straight install with little to no customizing. Am I missing something here?
I agree with you. It's just like a plain free wordpress blog. To candyman, I think you need some customization to make it interactive.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Yes, it is a plain WordPress blog. I want a simple design. What about the articles? Is it good?

Old 04-17-2016, 10:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
What about the articles? Is it good?
I can clearly see that English isn't your first language as there are significant issues pertaining to grammar and sentence structure. So, I stopped reading after the first couple of sentences in two different articles.

I'll offer you this one big piece of advice: If your target is an English speaking audience, you are not going to do well. If you want to do well, you will have to hire a "good" content writer - one that can translate from your language, to English.

Look - my first language is English, and for some clients, I still sometimes hire a content writer for grammar, sentence structure and spelling.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:43 PM
v7n Mentor

The content is useless poorly written junk.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
The content is useless poorly written junk.
got to agree. nothing good about the site. it's generic nothing. this is a web design lobby and you post no design and say that's what you want. 0/10

Old 05-28-2016, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

You can use more attractive theme of wordpress. currently it have bad colour combination and design is poor.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
Hi All,

I have created a blog at http://databytebank.com/. Kindly review about content and design.
hmmmm

1 big mistake is you not updating your plugins. Your WordPress SEO plugin is on the previous version, please upgrade it before another update rolls out. FYI, check your plugins page once a day to update any plugins that need to be updated. Yesterday I had 2 plugins that got updated because of a security loophole in them.

Your theme is just not that good but if you make a few changes it could be a little better. Your top menu bar, you have 2 menu links in it. Complete waste of space in that bar right now. I don't see an about page so I have no clue what the blog is supposed to be about or a history of the blog owner. Add a link to your about page in the menu bar for starters.

Read the blog post below on how to write a quality about page because I think you don't know why blogs need them. https://amylynnandrews.com/how-to-write-an-about-page/

You are showing way to many blog pages on the homepage. 5-7 is more then enough for the typical blog owner. Remove the Archive widget in the side bar, it's pointless to have it shown in public.

Create a real logo to show that you are for real with your blog. This blog link below is helpful to read about logo's importance. http://blog.logomyway.com/logo-branding-organization/

I click on the SEO category in the sidebar and the category page just has the word "SEO" then empty space next to it. Try writing 2 sentence for the SEO category description.

The first blog post I clicked on didn't have comments enabled. That's a bad thing for sure and the quality in your articles needs to be better. If you write about the SEO industry it better be a long quality article with links to resources, quotes from famous people in the SEO industry...etc

You don't come off as an SEO expert but prolly read someone else's blog and reword there information.

You need to think hard about your blog because it looks like it took you 20 minutes to set up the theme and put content on it. I think you need this guide below. http://www.shoutmeloud.com/wordpress-guide

Old 08-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
hmmmm

You need to think hard about your blog because it looks like it took you 20 minutes to set up the theme and put content on it. [/url]
It took months to write the contents in the blog. Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:29 PM

Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of the opinions expressed here.

I also believe in keeping things simple, but this might be a bit tooooo simple. Spend a little time checking out some other themes and maybe find something with just a bit of window dressing and better color choices to make your blog more appealing. And you have really got to do something about your company logo. Right now it really gets lost on the page.

Since English is not your primary language and if you are trying to reach English speaking customers you really should invest in get your content translated with proper structure and grammar. You may have spent months writing the content, but there is nothing more frustrating to a potential English speaking customer than reading something and then having to try to figure out exactly what you are trying to say.

Your idea seems like a sound one, but now you need to clean it up and dress it up a bit. Nobody wants to dance with the plain-jane girl when there are so many prettier girls begging for attention.

Good luck . . .

Old 09-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Individualist

I think you might want to stick with content, and hire a professional to do the blog design. Right now it looks unfinished. And the huge Google Adsense ads in the header don't really add a lot of credibility.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:31 AM

That is a pretty simple blog.
However, You should definitely add a Logo to the site, at least.
Also, Do something about the sidebar. Too short, Too empty!

Last, Something on the top menu would be great, apart from Home & Contact.
Everything else looks upto the mark.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

Should add something e.g. a banner to the top of the site.
The feature that click on banner below the HOME | CONTACT seem useless.
The animation when mouse over the feature images should be changed, the papercraft icon on the animation is meaningless

Old 10-29-2016, 04:29 AM
Banned

Try to work on your website more than that, more effort you do = more success you gain

Old 10-29-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kywelocis View Post
Try to work on your website more than that, more effort you do = more success you gain
This is not a quality website review and is not helping at all. Did you read the sticky thread in this section on how to write a quality website review?

If you don't like something, explain what you don't like and what you would do to fix it. We are here to help..

Old 10-29-2016, 05:12 AM
Banned

Sure Snakeair,

I don't like that:
Website navigation bar: need to be more informative for ex. add categories.
Website poor content: About 72 results only indexed in the google search.
Only 12 Unique backlinks: Read more about the backlinking tactics and strategies and always use White or Gray hat seo.
I like:
the website is running fast,
the content word count is fair, but I suggest to increase it .

Old 11-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Website is okay but just okay. The scroll to top button works (imo) bit slow.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateEight View Post
Website is okay but just okay. The scroll to top button works (imo) bit slow.
That's it? We are looking for more detailed reviews.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Closed Thread