Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 05-09-2016, 01:17 AM
iTommy iTommy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 12-10-13
Posts: 233
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thumbs up Review: ForumWeb.Hosting

Hello friends,

We have launched a new web hosting forum recent months and still improving it. It's getting better with good traffic from social networks and search engines.

It would be great if we have any your feedback on our forum logo, content, layouts and colors.

Here the forum link: http://forumweb.hosting

Especially if someone is a web hosting provider here can give you your reviews then it's cool because our forum is in web hosting niche.


Thanks in advance!!
Tommy M.
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 05-12-2016, 03:12 AM
AndyM AndyM is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-12-15
Posts: 69
iTrader: 0 / 0%
A good design but your website is very much complicated with the sells and domain name, You domain name describing your project as a forum to provide discussion for web hosting community but it s more about sells.
 
  #3  
Old 05-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Johnydarkdragon Johnydarkdragon is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-07-10
Posts: 54
iTrader: 1 / 100%
The layout seems to be too bright. In my opinion, you should add more banners or images, and change the color of background. Also, the url seems not to be optimized well..
 
  #4  
Old 05-14-2016, 09:18 PM
snakeair snakeair is offline
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018
 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTommy View Post
Hello friends,

We have launched a new web hosting forum recent months and still improving it. It's getting better with good traffic from social networks and search engines.

It would be great if we have any your feedback on our forum logo, content, layouts and colors.

Here the forum link: http://forumweb.hosting

Especially if someone is a web hosting provider here can give you your reviews then it's cool because our forum is in web hosting niche.


Thanks in advance!!
Tommy M.
So is this a forum? I can't actually tell from the look of the homepage. Sorta looks like a business site selling products and not an actual forum.

Try inserting the ABOUT page in the top header as well because I had to read it to even tell what the hell is going on your website.

BTW, The about page should not be a forum thread. It should be an actual webpage is greater detail. Does not even look like you reviewed the about page because your didn't bother to put a space in between the titles and paragraph's. At least delete any comments on your about thread. You shouldn't have people reply to an about page at all. It's there to explain about the website, the goals of the website and a brief history about the owner. You know try to connect with people by sharing stuff about your stuff.

Read this http://www.melyssagriffin.com/about-me-page-blog/

Way to much stuff on the homepage in my own opinion. I just got lost on there.

I think you charging for way to many stuff on the forum. For example to sticky a thread you can pay $25. In my option you are wrong for adding that feature. Only the admin's and trusted moderators should have the power to make a sticky thread in that thread ads value to the people who visit that category.

It just seems like you trying to squeeze a buck out of people. Charge money to add threads or listing stuff to sell.

The long copyright text in your bottom left hand footer just looks keyword stuffed to me. Just add Copyright @ yourdomain.com like most people do these days. If your forum offers those things, that's what you add into your about page in which you want visitors to read it first to understand why the forum is there.

Sorry for being mean, but just decided to let it all out. It's your forum so run it your way.
 
  #5  
Old 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM
iTommy iTommy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 12-10-13
Posts: 233
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
A good design but your website is very much complicated with the sells and domain name, You domain name describing your project as a forum to provide discussion for web hosting community but it s more about sells.
Why my domain forumweb.hosting is related to more sells? please clarify this

Also I think it is sells from different web hosting providers who came and sharing their hosting packages. Because, to be honest, I didn't hosting offers on my hosting forum though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnydarkdragon View Post
The layout seems to be too bright. In my opinion, you should add more banners or images, and change the color of background. Also, the url seems not to be optimized well..
So you suggested to change background from white to gray and background of blocks from gray to white?

I think its having more images on the forum. Why would you suggest to add more images to it. if so, where to add? please share exact locations.

One more question, why the url forumweb.hosting seems not to be optimized well? I am wondering on your this review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
So is this a forum? I can't actually tell from the look of the homepage. Sorta looks like a business site selling products and not an actual forum.
It's a forum, maybe the look of forum homepage lied your eyes or you are familiar to site/blog design hence you thought it's a site that selling products or hosting plans from different web hosting companies.

I didn't sell anything, exclude a top banner on the forum. The rest is offers from members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Try inserting the ABOUT page in the top header as well because I had to read it to even tell what the hell is going on your website.

BTW, The about page should not be a forum thread. It should be an actual webpage is greater detail. Does not even look like you reviewed the about page because your didn't bother to put a space in between the titles and paragraph's. At least delete any comments on your about thread. You shouldn't have people reply to an about page at all. It's there to explain about the website, the goals of the website and a brief history about the owner. You know try to connect with people by sharing stuff about your stuff.

Way to much stuff on the homepage in my own opinion. I just got lost on there.
Is this page http://forumweb.hosting/778-about-us.html that you are saying to?

If so, I deleted comments as your suggestions and you are right in this case.

Also it will be move to an actual page than using a thread in Announcement section as now, so it will be more professional than current one.

Thanks for your suggestions on this...it's really exact things need to be improved on my forum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I think you charging for way to many stuff on the forum. For example to sticky a thread you can pay $25. In my option you are wrong for adding that feature. Only the admin's and trusted moderators should have the power to make a sticky thread in that thread ads value to the people who visit that category.

It just seems like you trying to squeeze a buck out of people. Charge money to add threads or listing stuff to sell.
Honestly I didn't offer sticky thread at this time but it can be used in the future when some advertisers want their posts higher than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
The long copyright text in your bottom left hand footer just looks keyword stuffed to me. Just add Copyright @ yourdomain.com like most people do these days. If your forum offers those things, that's what you add into your about page in which you want visitors to read it first to understand why the forum is there.

Sorry for being mean, but just decided to let it all out. It's your forum so run it your way.
So on the footer

this line

Quote:
Copyright 2016, ForumWeb.Hosting. All rights reserved. Web Hosting Forum for webmasters, web hosting providers, designers and web developers.
you want to remove this

Quote:
Web Hosting Forum for webmasters, web hosting providers, designers and web developers.
?

Sorry I have to ask again because I din't quite understand your meaning for the copyright on my forum footer.


Btw, thanks again for your reviews!!!
 
  #6  
Old 05-23-2016, 07:14 AM
blizzardofozz blizzardofozz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 05-23-16
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I don't know the technology of the website but is too slow. Despite the use of CDN. Check with webpagetest.

Website looks good but too much info on the first page. Also the main menu is not that good in mobile devices.
 
  #7  
Old 06-13-2016, 08:58 PM
iTommy iTommy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 12-10-13
Posts: 233
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardofozz View Post
I don't know the technology of the website but is too slow. Despite the use of CDN. Check with webpagetest.

Website looks good but too much info on the first page. Also the main menu is not that good in mobile devices.
You're right about loading speed on my site, I used DO but it is still slow although I used CDN.

I have just moved it to a new VPS that I chose from one of hosting providers on my site, does it load as well for you now?

Any other comments?
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please review my new hosting review site. smith Website Review 5 11-27-2008 06:25 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC