Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Share |
Old 12-25-2017, 02:11 AM
Contributing Member

Post Review: binmy.com

I started a new website and I want you to review my website, it is an open review website and anyone can write reviews of the products they used.
I want you to check my website for the following things.

1- Is sign up and write a review visible to visitors?
2- how the home page and review pages look, any suggestions?
3- how can I promote this website to get more review writers?

https://www.binmy.com

and also thanks for moderators that let me to write another request for review in this section by bumping old posts.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-25-2017, 03:16 AM
Contributing Member

Looks okay. There is a big chunk of whitespace at homepage on the desktop. It is responsive and has DA of 12. Still needs some work.

Login page looks gaudy. Register and Login page can be removed by having Facebook/ Google oAuth for SignIn.

Old 12-25-2017, 04:03 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for your response, I wanted to use oAuth but for avoiding spam I used this type of verification.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:51 PM
Contributing Member

Your login panel is working nicely
However, the design is not so good. You can make it attractive using other themes.
Loading time is good.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:02 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for your suggestion shaileshshakya, I am searching for some other good looking themes, if you have something in your mind please let me know.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:42 AM
Contributing Member

I would be happy if I get some more reviews about this website, I want to know how a visitor feels about this website and how to get it more attractive and also SEO friendly.

Sorry I posted this because I see no good reviews about this website.

I would be happy if I get some reviews from moderators.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry, but this may be hard to take.

Clearly, English isn't your first language, and it shows in the page copy that you've written. However, the copy that you didn't write and is "copied" from the product's manuals or originating site, is good. The copied content brings up indexing and potential SERP issues since it's copied material, therefor don't believe your site pages will fare well.

You should also be concerned with copyright infringement.

Because of the above, I won't go any further looking at design, overall usability etc, but I will say the pages load pretty slow, and the slider on the index page is way too fast.

2 cents.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Sorry, but this may be hard to take.

Clearly, English isn't your first language, and it shows in the page copy that you've written. However, the copy that you didn't write and is "copied" from the product's manuals or originating site, is good. The copied content brings up indexing and potential SERP issues since it's copied material, therefor don't believe your site pages will fare well.

You should also be concerned with copyright infringement.

Because of the above, I won't go any further looking at design, overall usability etc, but I will say the pages load pretty slow, and the slider on the index page is way too fast.

2 cents.
Thanks for your honest review, I run several websites and each one has its own content writer, could you please mention how you find out that contents are copied, I mean if you have any software for examining a website I would be happy to get that.
The site speed has 83 points from google insights and says its normal, if you know some tweaks I would be happy to know them.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjane View Post
Thanks for your honest review, I run several websites and each one has its own content writer, could you please mention how you find out that contents are copied,
Different passages of text, seem almost good writing as compared to some of the opening text on a page, which is pretty bad (sorry). It's quite easy to determine, IMO.

Quote:
I mean if you have any software for examining a website I would be happy to get that.
I'm sure there are websites or software to do the checking, but I just copy the end of once sentence through to the beginning words in the next, paste it in google with quotes to see how many other pages contain that exact phrase. If its' more than one, it is most likely copied.

Quote:
The site speed has 83 points from google insights and says its normal, if you know some tweaks I would be happy to know them.
Well, for me the visual loading of the pages took quite some time - it could be the internet, or my ISP, but compared to my client's sites, they are slow. count to 5 or 6, which it said to be normal, in my books is borderline slow. Again, IMHO.

Sure, there's lots of tweeks - images, scripts, plugins, server through-put - etc. You just have to eliminate one at a time to see if there's any progress.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

Your top post section is missing css and looks odd you need to correct that first

Old 01-18-2018, 01:01 AM
Contributing Member

It is fixed now, the problem was with the server side cache, thanks for letting us know the issue.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review