Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Contributing Member

SEO copywriting is process of writing essential content to the website including keywords to get rank in search engines. Advantage is, increase in traffic and create good profits.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by pliam View Post
SEO copywriting is process of writing essential content to the website including keywords to get rank in search engines. Advantage is, increase in traffic and create good profits.
Looks like you did not answer all the questions Cricket asked in her initial opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
In your own opinion, what is SEO copywriting and how does it differ from other styles of writing? Why is it even necessary? Shouldn't the guy writing marketing copy understand at least the basics of SEO?

Old 07-02-2010, 11:29 PM

SEO Copywriting usually optimizes other on-page elements for the targeted search terms. This helps you to optimize your existing content to increase the search engine rankings of your website.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshellie View Post

So, I think it's a tricky skill creating copy that will appeal to both google and the end user. (I think people are suspicious of that stilted bad SEO copywriting that we've all seen on the web and they back out out of sites that look like that and shop somewhere else.)
i gotta agree with you. seo copywriters are fluid enough to put keywords without making it sound forced or irrelevant. it is the art of making a great, comprehensive piece without having to compromise the client nor the readers.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Banned

According to me, if you are writing for SEO Purpose then its' should be different instead of general writing. if we have keywords for a particular page or URL then we can write good Content according to SEO. SEO Copy writing is the way to write something like this. include our keywords and also remember SE Guild lines.

Thanks

Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

Lightbulb What is SEO Copywriting?

I would like to know what exactly is this 'SEO Copywriting' ?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:06 PM
v7n Mentor

SEO copywriting is in simplistic form, SEO from a copywriter's standpoint. Copywriters do allot of different things like sales pages. SEO copywriting in that context is writing the page to rank well for keywords while making it compelling enough for the visitor to act on the sale. If you REALLY want to understand SEO copywriting, that of writing better while keeping the simple page SEO things in mind, I can think of no other better example than Brain Clark over at Copyblogger. His writing, and the others over there, showed me that the approach I came up with myself was the right one, when I'm not too lazy to do it

If you want to poke around, I'd suggest starting with http://www.copyblogger.com/content-marketing/

It's a pretty good resource, or of course, you can stay tuned here for others responses as well.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:32 AM

*merged similiar thread*

Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLac View Post
It is the technique of writing the viewable text on a web page in such a way that it reads well for the surfer, and also targets specific search terms. Its purpose is to rank highly in the search engines for the targeted search terms. It targets keyword phrases in certain frequencies and densities.
I just have to ask: did you feel no one had adequately answered the question?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 PM

The challenge with SEO copywriting? Being aware of the environment - that there are dozens and dozens of other elements that can impact search engine results pages - Google reportedly incorporates over 200 factors in calculating its patented Google PageRank.

Within the Google PageRank algorithm and some search engines are believed to be consideration for relevancy of the page title to the content, the description of the page as seen by search engines, to some extent keywords (although Google reportedly ignores this), use of appropriate tags for headings, descriptive image tags - and, of course, the quality of the content on the page.

SEO copywriting for the primary purpose of attempting to manipulate PageRank? It's in Google's interest to weed out the junk; if you're not a victim of devaluation early on, you likely will be later.

Regards,
Melanie

Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 AM

I agree with you, my experience in web copywriting and as a reader has taught me that phrases and keywords need to be in the right place if I want to get attention from readers. When people does internet reading they just scan so if we want to sell our idea for a project, product or service long post the keywords must be at the beginning of the first sentence in each 4 or 5 paragraphs.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Banned

I just came acrose the article every seo have a completely copyright for writing about web.SEO copywriting has traditionally been about writing web page copy that targets keyword phrases in certain frequencies and densities.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:18 PM

To put it simply: SEO copywriting is about ensuring the writing on a website performs its function as a traffic-generator, while also producing maximum results as part of a sales funnel. In other words, it's about striking the perfect balance between pre-selling/selling human visitors, and making the search engine spiders happy.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Copywriting is textual composition for web page marketing that emphasizes skillful manipulation of the page's wording to place it among the first results of a user's search list, while still producing readable and persuasive content
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_...on_copywriting

Last edited by snakeair; 04-19-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: add quotes and source

Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richerdjohn View Post
Next time can you tell us in your own words.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

The way I do it is is write what comes naturally. Then go back and check that your keywords are in the right place. I find that copywriters these days are adding the keywords so many times in the text. I don't go over 1 time per 100 words. People may think that's low, but I have been very successful with this lower amount. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Previously quoted from Wikipedia:

Quote:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Copywriting is textual composition for web page marketing that emphasizes skillful manipulation of the page's wording to place it among the first results of a user's search list, while still producing readable and persuasive content
A perfect example of the fluff that passes for knowledge these days on the web.

Note that Wikipedia has declared this "article" to be a "stub."

The fact is that there is nothing about "SEO copy-writing" that truly sets it apart from copy-writing for any other media.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:14 AM

i don't understand all,

Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiping56 View Post
i don't understand all,
What don't you understand? Could you get a little bit more detailed in your response's?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:05 AM

What is SEO Copywriting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
A skilled SEO copywriter weaves targeted search terms into a seamless fabric that serves fresh, appealing copy to the reader and search engine alike. Keywords should be unobtrusive to the mind's ear while perfectly placed for the bot.

Composing optimized content requires not just a way with words, but SEO skillls: the ability to research popular search queries and a clear understanding of where to place the keywords. For example, terms will be :
  • carefully woven into the first sentence or at least the first paragraph;
  • somewhere in bold;
  • in anchor text to another page or website;
  • in italics if that makes sense;
  • in a bulleted list, perhaps, or quotation marks.

The use of different forms of the keywords (-ing, plural and singular, past tense, etc.) as well as synonyms and related terms will also be part of the mix in well optimized "SEO copy."

Truly optimized copy goes beyond simple text on the page to include construction of the title tag, meta description, headings, anchor text, and perhaps even the alt tags of graphics or titles on links.

The best SEO copywriter will also have an understanding of sales writing and will find ways to describe benefits, make a call to action and close the deal.

Or at least the post.
I'm agree with this... and we should pay attention to LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) too..
You can find many tools out there to help you in SEO copy writing..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread