Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonays View Post
Well, we all want to create a unique and new ideas, that is really a challenge to every writer. Giving your reader something to look forward to is really a big challenge for me, many readers can easily get bored with articles that has the same thought and providing them something new is something that i can consider as a reward for myself.
Well, I believe that if you have creativity, originality follows it. So keep it original and your readers will love you. Now how to keep it original? Pen down your thoughts, without any stoppage. The structuring and drafting can be sorted later.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Banned

Familiarity with a topic.

Sometimes if I have no clue at all to tackle a topic, it can be a major letdown.

I end up wasting time researching and still being confused. It can lead to terrible consequences too.

Lack barely any time left to hit the deadline. But thankfully, I still manage anyway.

Nonetheless, you feel pangs of regret when you think about all those time wasted.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 PM

Finding the motivation to write is the biggest challenge for me. Writing for $1 per 500 words just zaps all the inspiration in my soul, and I feel like something dies inside of me with every letter I press on the keyboard. Nevertheless, I get the job done anyway 'cause I have kids to feed.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 AM

What I did is to research first of a topic and to practice it until I'm very familiar. And I will use also unique ideas in my writing.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 AM
Banned

My biggest challenge was the readers. .

-if what will they say about my article or blogs (if it is complete, correct in grammar and spelling.)
-if they like i or not, (if it is boring or enjoyable.)

I HATE REJECTION. . .

Old 04-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddavis View Post
Finding the motivation to write is the biggest challenge for me. Writing for $1 per 500 words just zaps all the inspiration in my soul, and I feel like something dies inside of me with every letter I press on the keyboard. Nevertheless, I get the job done anyway 'cause I have kids to feed.
I came to this thread to say motivation, you took the words from my mouth. I only write if I can get the money at the end of the day. kills motivation when its unfairly paid for.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:47 AM
Banned

Writing to promote your business has more benefits than I could care to mention – building relationships with clients and potential partners, getting feedback, learning more about what it is that you do, building your personal brand, getting found easily by the search engines… and so the list goes on.

It was so challenging to write the “about” page – which it throw down the gauntlet on me to come up with the words. It's important that an “about” page is and of course is harder to write… it forces me to step out from immersion in my own words, move away from my writer’s perspective and take a long hard look at what i am really blogging about.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM

My biggest challenge is usually staying motivated and not getting burnt out. Also, coming up with new topics and creative content.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:47 AM

My biggest challenge is two of my biggest flaws;
1. I am a perfectionist, so I tend to redo things a lot.
2. I am by nature a procrastinator, especially when it comes to writing.

Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 AM

I may sound hideously stupid but I think its my grammar. That is why I hate blogging. lol

Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 PM

Well the biggest challenge would be write some new word and it should be conceptually related to the topic of content and also trying to get new word and mainly focus on key keyword with something new in every content.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:36 AM

For me the hardest part in writing is having completely correct grammar and spelling because I'm a typical English speaker so some times I really do mistakes. Also I want to expand my vocabulary in English words so that I can express easily what I want to express.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:17 AM

The biggest challenge is trying to focus and write the article, because I might easily get distracted. The other challenge is trying to make the article interesting, although that is not such a big problem to me anymore, thankfully!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Contributing Member

What Is My Biggest Challenge With Writing?

What to actually write!

I just cannot make myself sit down and write an article!

I hate it and I don't know why! Even the thought of sitting down on my pc and write an article in one hour (yes it will take me an hour) makes me feel uncomfortable. I have written a couple of article, but that's it.

Even though I LOVE writing in forums (posts) and commenting on blogs and writing emails!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:48 AM

Apart from finding unique topics that haven't been done before, my biggest problem is stopping myself going off on a rant

I tend to get carried away with every injustice I see rather than just reporting it

Old 05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

I get burned out and I also run out of ideas. Sometimes I slip into passive voice without realizing it too.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:52 PM

My biggest challenge is being too easily distracted. I'll be writing an article and an idea for another article will pop into my head. I'll stop to jot down the idea so I won't lose it and end up writing part of that article and then get distracted by another idea. Or worse, I'll go to look up some information or do some quick research for the article I'm writing and end up spending hours surfing the net because I follow one link, then another and another. I end up with a bunch of half finished articles and ideas and nothing ready to post.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:35 AM

I think the biggest challenge is unique content, development of the Internet has been for many years now, and now want to write a unique content too hard.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web