Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 03-18-2010, 01:34 PM
No Longer Active

Why Do You Write?

Why do you write? It is something you do because you enjoy it? Or, is simply a means to an end, something you do for your business? Please explain in detail.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
v7n Mentor

I love writing but unfortunately, I hate writing for the web. I find it somewhat difficult to write unless I'm completely engaged in the subject matter I'm covering.

Creative Writing however is one of my strong points. I've learned to add as much of it as I can to many of my articles as it helps give me a vehicle to address the more mundain portions that are necessary.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:37 AM
v7n Mentor

I enjoy writing! I like the challenge of writing compelling product descriptions, interesting articles, and just getting my thoughts out in my blog. I wish I had more time for writing...

Old 03-19-2010, 12:38 PM
v7n Mentor

I enjoy writing. I started out as a technical writer, and graduated to analytical writing because the people I worked for felt that I was "precise and readable". Focusing on that, I expanded into articles. Several years later, I had my own country newspaper, a weekly magazine and a monthly magazine, and did about 25% of the writing myself. I guess I've always enjoyed being able to write in such a manner as to ensure that the reader would understand exactly what I was trying to say.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

writing

Actually, if you really love to write, you can simple write to share your ideas, feelings or experiences to others, typically, this can be done by using social networking sites. You can also write as a big help in marketing and promoting your online business. So, if you are great in writing, you can even make use of it for your business.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:36 PM

i did for some cash.. i made my my first few dollars online with it.. hehe

Old 03-20-2010, 04:38 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
I am writing because often it is directly related to my work
It is amazing how many people start writing this way. Can you tell us how it relates to your work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhatseo View Post
i did for some cash.. i made my my first few dollars online with it.. hehe
I am seeing more and more people making extra money this way. Can you explain to us how you are making money writing? Are you offering articles for people? How did you get started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonays View Post
Actually, if you really love to write, you can simple write to share your ideas, feelings or experiences to others, typically, this can be done by using social networking sites. You can also write as a big help in marketing and promoting your online business. So, if you are great in writing, you can even make use of it for your business.
It is amazing how many different ways we use writing online!

Did I miss your response to the question in there?

Why do you write? It is something you do because you enjoy it? Or, is simply a means to an end, something you do for your business? Please explain in detail.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

I am seeing more and more people making extra money this way. Can you explain to us how you are making money writing? Are you offering articles for people? How did you get started?
I did some articles at Associated content.. that was way back.. jst that was my first online income

Old 03-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

I write as a release. I wrote Daria fanfiction for the longest time. Had fun butchering the episodes and doing crossovers. (Those links added as examples.)

edit: The James Bond one was fun too. I'm sitting here rereading them myself.

Last edited by drmike; 03-20-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike View Post
I write as a release. I wrote Daria fanfiction for the longest time. Had fun butchering the episodes and doing crossovers. (Those links added as examples.)

edit: The James Bond one was fun too. I'm sitting here rereading them myself.
Although I often write for work reasons, my favorite writing is always the times I write just for me. Much like you, it is a release, especially when something is important to me. Other times, words just kind of get stuck in my head until I give in and write them down.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:29 AM

My story with writing goes back a long way... But I will try to summarize it. I started writing as a way of getting my feelings out on paper, while in high school I wrote to release the anger at having overly protective mother, and as a way of externalizing my heartbreaks and experiences. In college, I transformed, I ONLY wrote for my school papers. I guess the freedom I acquired no longer gave me time to write down my feeling. Surprisingly, I majored in JOURNALISM. So, writing has been my way of life since then. While in the Media I wrote about current events. After being laid off I turned to the web, have a blog and now make a living by providing article writing services. AND on occasion I still write for pleasure, or when I need to vent to my husband about something and I do not want to argue... LOL... I know I sound weird, but it works!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Contributing Member

I always write for my blog for interesting things and some researches and famous things on which usually people have confusion. I also write for clients to make money as a SEO copy writer and this thing makes me thing I should give time to my blogs and I can make enough money so that I don't have to write for clients. And I do love to write about topics of my interest and again for clients I need to research and write on various topics, but I do like writing in my broken English as I am not a native English speaker.

I don't like to write about which are out of my interest and you know when you are running from something it comes more often to you clients always demand different topics which I don't want to write because I have no knowledge about these topics like sports bettings systems, downline building etc!!

Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM

i just enjoy writing and want to share it. I have been writing over 200 original blog post about cebu city and I feel satisfied everytime i post it. That is why i Write.

Last edited by snakeair; 03-23-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributing Member

I write because its my passion. When I write a word on a blank sheet of paper, it's like an art in my eyes.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

It depends. I typically write because I need to make money, but I do like writing for the most part. Yet, I go back and forth. When I get boring assignments writing seems like a chore, but when I write about topics of interest, I have a blast. It all depends. I also go through moods where I all want to do is write and then there are times when I can't go near a computer.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:40 AM

I have done writing before in the past, both on forums and in my diaries etc. I love to do online research and present the topic properly as it is a sense of achievement once I do finish it and you watch a forum grow from being a seedling into a massive one and you can see your work all around the website.

Tanya

Old 04-05-2010, 06:33 AM

I am writing for studying English. I am a non-native so I want to improve my English!

Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 AM

I realised I enjoy writing when I wrote my travel blog last year.

Had a thirst for it ever since!"

Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

To speak the truth i hate writing but it I have to because of business. Gradually I am turning to outsourcing though.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:36 AM

I write for the web, and I think it's a horrible. The pay is miserable and the topics are excruciatingly boring. More and more writers are writing for $1 per 500 words! But I have no choice. I live in a third world country where there isn't much opportunity to grow. Writing is the only thing that's keeping me off the streets.

There was this one time when I had a prospective client from America who asked me to write original, 500-word articles hourly for $1 each. When I declined, he immediately threw racial slurs at me and called me "inferior" for being incapable of performing the task. It was pretty inhumane considering that I was very polite to him throughout the whole deal.

It's a sad world.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web