Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Exclamation Am I writing in a bad way ?

Hello,

I have been writing articles about Technologies, tips, tutorials and computing from about 1 month now and I have some problems with that. I keep promote my website (blog) everywhere and share it on every site I know but still have some problems : I have about 500 members and 900 follower on tweeter, but, 2 Readers on the RSS and 1 Member on the Google Friend Connect and 4 Fans on Facebook ! Those very low members take to think that my articles are so bad or something like that so if anyone can advice me a little about what I have to do ..

Thank you. The Blog is my signature

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

For twitter thing, I'm sure they are not all targeted cause some of them follow just to make me follow them. But for titles and so, I'm optimizing them every them and you can't find such titles non interesting ! You can even take a look you will see by your self I'm writing only at things that online people seek for !

Old 03-28-2010, 02:45 PM
v7n Mentor

I just read your Twiends post and am wondering if there's any down side to Twiends - a reason not to use it. If there is you don't mention it.

Also, this is said with the kindest intentions, I am guessing that you aren't a native English speaker - your post is a little difficult to read. It may help if you can get a native English speaker to look over your posts before you publish them to help you with the little things. For example, "It have an only one simple rule" would be easier to read as "It has only one simple rule..."

Cloth diapers can be fun?? You betcha - come and see! www.Zany-Zebra.com

Old 03-31-2010, 03:57 AM

Hi,

I visited your website it sounds to pretty new. I think you need to wait for some time before your website builds the brand online. Your content is okay and not so well written. There are some grammatical errors. Also I would like to mention here that you need to write what the readers want to read in a very easy to understand manner. I noted your articles those are just big paragraphs and even the way of presenting it is not very good.

Use small paragraphs and write in a form of points. The information must be clear to the reader for understanding.

I visited your site and read one article ----- coffeecupbreak.com/5-tips-to-instantly-increase-your-online-sales

I read the article but was not connecting to it. Even there are grammatical errors along with the spelling errors in the article and breaking of the sentences is improper. Even the flow of the information is incorrect. Avoid writing too long sentences because this confuses the user about the meaning, so make the sentences shorter.

Check out this sentence in your article ---"There are some basis that most online sellers don’t consider when selling online, basis that are also considered as required tips to be successful when doing commerce online."

The spelling of the basis is wrong. It should be basics. Also, what does it mean by doing commerce online. It should be doing business online.

Hope this helps.

Sorry if you would have felt some of my points to be harsh.

Last edited by leahjones; 03-31-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:53 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I'm really thankful for what you said ! I can't consider anything of that bad as your comment is full of advices ! Thank you a lot. I'm also hiring a native english speaker and copywriter for doing some transformations to that blog. Thank you again !

(Something really not normal ! : I changed my theme and once I did, I started getting a huge number of new comments (not spam !), new readers of RSS and new fans !!!)

Last edited by ChaibiAlaa; 03-31-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 PM

Are your articles on relevant topics and truly useful to your readers? Content is king, so if what you're writing is stale and uninteresting then chances are you won't have many followers. You have to really give them something worth reading and that they'll want to come back for more. If your site is very new, it could also be that you just haven't given it enough time.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:25 AM

It's a great looking blog but agree the grammar does it let it down a bit, as it's a little difficult to read. It wouldn't take a lot of work to correct though - I think hiring a native english speaker to check it out is a smart move.

One important point is to do some keyword research before you make any post, just come up with a title and put it into a keyword research tool like Google Keywords. Try and encompass long tailed keywords in your title with a little traffic, don't spoil the content but just adjusting titles and content slightly to target less competitive phrases can bring big rewards in traffic.

Good Luck.

Neil

Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your articles are great. It takes time to gain readers. Just keep plugging away and don't focus on the numbers.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I read through your posts you should work on the content. If your content is impressive then you are sure to get some decent traffic. Take care about the keyword density,it will set things right.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:14 PM

Give it time. FaceBook fan pages take time to develop. It also pays to read a lot. Just keep on reading and writing, and you will eventually improve.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

I guess,your problem is already solved?

It's nice to hear That. Well,about your article you just have to write it as simple as you can,it would be easily understand by the reader.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Contributing Member

If you think your write ups are not catchy, you can do some techniques on how to make it catchy to all readers.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I agree with Amy. Although you have good and informative content, there are some issues with your sentence structures and the use of certain words. Perhaps what you need to do is hire a native speaker/writer to EDIT and correct what you write. Not necessarily rewrite since in your posts you have good information. Also, as someone said, it takes time to establish yourself as a brand and get a good following. Remember that patience is a virtue, and is one that we MUST ALL possess as Internet Marketers.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Write something that is very catchy to the readers. Don't write articles for the sake that you have write-ups. Think something that readers will spend time reading it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread