Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Question Article Marketing without being penalized for dupe content

I have a number of articles that i've written for my real estate blog and I'd love to start marketing them but i'm worried about being penalized for duplicate content if they're added to article directories. How does google or other search engines know that the content is mine? Do you submit only unique articles?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You should really rewrite or use a spinner for each of the different article directories. The general idea is that you want a unique article for every directory that you submit to.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:10 PM

Ok, are there any decent semi automatic free spinners out there?

Also, any suggestions on what to do if someone has reposted one of my articles in entirety on their site, but has provided a link back to the article? I thought i read that's an indication to the search engine that they've reposted. Valid?

PS: thanks for the response

Last edited by HouseBulb; 05-08-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot to thank

Old 05-09-2010, 12:29 AM
v7n Mentor

No Dupe Penalties per say...

Hi there...I am not sure about the free spinners out there, if you find a decent one please let me know As for the being penalized for the dupe submissions. It is not that you get penalized by the search engines for duplicate content, however, there is no guarantee which version it will use to give you your SERPS with so if you submit to multiple locations at relatively the same time then you just as likely to get the credit for the article being in the PR 8 site as being in the PR 0 site, just using it for reference as PR really isn't the all goto make or break traffic measure, but gives us a reference to work with any how.

As for the other sites that link and reference, that is what Article directories are all about the store the content for others to be able to use in some form or another. So they will not hurt you, and since the indexing of content will take place prior to anyone else republishing I would think...I may not be 100% right on this, but since they are reference, and they come after then I think the search engines give the credit to the original provider above and beyond those that are using the information.

Hope this helps....
www.pchelper123.com

Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Personally, I would aim to rewrite. But I'd avoid spinners, as most decent article directories are likely to reject articles produced in this way.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 AM

Great. Thanks for the info. I've decided to adopt a rewrite policy and avoid spinners at all costs. They just don't seem to deliver very good content.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 PM

As far as duplicate content goes, in my experience it doesn't "hurt" to have duplicate content - if this were the case then news aggregate sites would never rank. However, the search engines don't often rank multiple exact copies on one page of SERPs, and backlinks from a bunch of duplicate content don't bring as much weight as unique content. So, you are definitely correct to aim for uniqueness.

I rewrite my own articles if I'm only planning to submit to a few locations, and I spin my articles if I plan to submit to many locations. Spinning an article that will actually make sense once you're done takes a long time so it's not effective for individual rewrites. I use a paid article spinning program to facilitate the syntax and make suggestions, but your brain is really important for spinning.

There is a learning curve to good spinning, and my experience is that there are NO good semi-automatic spinners (free or paid). So, if you don't have the need for many versions of an article, you definitely made the right decision to just rewrite yourself. The results will be cleaner and clearer.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:57 AM

So Telesto, please correct me if i'm wrong. What you're saying is that the best policy is to write manually and in the event that that's not feasible (it would be difficult as i do plan to submit to multiple directories) then i should Spin. I agree and understand that spinning PROPERLY take time and effort, I wouldn't post a purely program spun article, but would like one to bring down the workload some. Could you, based on your experience, recommend something free which would serve my purpose?

I won't buy a spinner as i don't believe it serves a good enough service to the written language to be considered appropriate for regular humans to decipher and actually enjoy.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Unfortunately, I don't know of a free program that really helps the process. I use "The Best Spinner," but it is a paid program ($77 per year).

Jetspinner is the best free spinning program I've ever run into. It allows you to input an article (by typing directly into their interface or by copying a pre-spun work) and then spins a number of versions for you. It also has a thesaurus with word suggestions that pops up when you enter spin syntax for a word. If you are comfortable with spin syntax {||}, then you can manually spin the article and input it into jetspinner for output.

The reason I use a paid program is that it allows you to select entire sentences and enter variations (the program inputs the {||} for you). It also lets you tab through each individual word and replace in the same way (with a mouse click if you like the thesaurus suggestions). This really saves time if you do a lot of spinning.

So, I'd say Jetspinner is the best option if you can't justify the cost of a paid program; it will spin your article into variations but doesn't help much with the input.

I'd love to hear anyone else's suggestions if they have run into a free program that provides assistance with the spinning syntax input!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web