Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 06-26-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

Checking for Duplicates

I think Copyscape is the most widely used software for checking for duplicates. Are there other software available in the market?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 AM
Banned

just go to Google.com and copy your that content for which you think that it will be theft by other webmaster and past it in search bar and at start of content and end of cont just put ".
Example:- "MY NAME IS JIBRAN AHMED KHAN"
and now press enter Google will show if there is any website where your content is theft.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:39 PM

Copyscape is by far the most utilized one. Also as mentioned above you can use Google but it will not be as accurate. What Google does is take snip bits from your content and find every page that has the snip bits. This can be beneficial to some degree if you do not have a copyscape account.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

Major companies and freelancers depend on Copyscape. This is best and accurate. It will check all the parameters of your content and give absolute results whether duplicated.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

You can try [duplicatecontent dot net]. There you can check for duplicate content online or download it on your site.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member

nah, copyscape still works best.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

basically you would like to search for duplicate content
to prevent from getting outranked from google by duplicate site.
So why not use simple search in google instead of using software when you want to check what is going on with your site in google.

But software always makes your work simple. I Haven't seen other software than copyscape till now except some paid software in some what spam looking long site.

And I think software like copyscape and similar also uses Google search to find duplicate content isn't it?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member

I always use Copyscape,and sometimes mix it with Google search. Just like Ms Excel Education informed, simply type the words that we want to check, and voila! We can get all the valid duplicates^__*

Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 AM

there is no software to check duplicate content.
you just go to google and paste you content and search if is there same world you can check

Old 07-29-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMarketer View Post
I think Copyscape is the most widely used software for checking for duplicates. Are there other software available in the market?
I agree, Copyscape is a very helpful software.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

Copyscape is good, but it's not entirely foolproof, I had issues with it in the past where I paid a writer to write me an article, initally it passed the copyscape, and then weeks later I ran it again and it fagged up some competing sites with the same content as mine, I did a check and found that it was dated before mine as well. I think it's index isn't that exhaustive.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM

I haven't used software yet, but Google is a pretty good checker. Just cut and paste a couple sentences from the suspected content.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 AM

Just use query in google to find duplicate contents, this saves your time and money.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic_ace View Post
Copyscape is good, but it's not entirely foolproof, I had issues with it in the past where I paid a writer to write me an article, initally it passed the copyscape, and then weeks later I ran it again and it fagged up some competing sites with the same content as mine, I did a check and found that it was dated before mine as well. I think it's index isn't that exhaustive.
It's not only that. I did some experiments with copyscape - if you just change 3-4 words in a sentence, the program recognizes it as original content. And it is just a spinned sentence. In other cases, it shows I have copied content, but when I press compare - it turns zero copied words. That's kind of annoying.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Excel Education View Post
just go to Google.com and copy your that content for which you think that it will be theft by other webmaster and past it in search bar and at start of content and end of cont just put ".
Example:- "MY NAME IS JIBRAN AHMED KHAN"
and now press enter Google will show if there is any website where your content is theft.
This method can not defeat copyscape. i think copyscape is the best method to check originality of content. no need for any other methods or sites.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
well i am using Copy-scape for checking duplicate content or i found this really well..
i am using this one for protecting my blogs content..
I don't think you can really protect your content by using copyscape, you can only see if someone has copied you. One way is to link the posts of your site very well so that even if someone copies your content, the links stay (if they don't bother cleaning them). The other option is to use RSS footer, though that's a different story.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Think just copy-scape is widely used in duplicate file checking that is huge effected on the work of important so every one need to memories the basic security purposed for the special work.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web