Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 AM

Article Marketing - Is It Still Alive?

I am thinking about writing article (or hire someone to write for me) to promote my new blog. Could you article experts tell me is that the best way to promote my blog using article marketing?

Thanks in advanced for your great responses!
Regards,

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

It is one way of promoting a site. Thats all anyone can really tell you.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlinebusinessideas View Post
I am thinking about writing article (or hire someone to write for me) to promote my new blog. Could you article experts tell me is that the best way to promote my blog using article marketing?

Regards,
This is just one way of getting traffic (a very good way) to your blog but it won't get instant traffic right away. For example if you submit some articles to some article directories sometimes it takes a few days or more to get them approved. I am not saying don't submit your articles to them, but there are many other ways to get some traffic to your blog while you wait for the articles to get approved. Look in our Marketing section for other tips members have suggested in a lot of threads.

One thing that you could try doing is guest blogging on blogs in your niche to get some traffic right away. (Be sure to contact the blog owner and ask if you could do a guest blog post on it)

We have a whole thread on Guest Blogging if you want to learn more about it and the benifits.

Last edited by snakeair; 07-25-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 PM

yes, its still Article Marketing alive, i used to submit at articleresource.org but some how site is down.
DO you think that admin is here? Hope that article directory gets up soon.

Last edited by snakeair; 07-26-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 AM

If you are going to promote your blog, I think it would be more useful to use social networking sites or social bookmarks. Article Marketing is more on raising serps.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:05 AM

It's a very effective. Too bad people dont do that often!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymeis View Post
It's a very effective. Too bad people dont do that often!
Who are you referring to?

Do what?

Could you go into a little more detail in your response next time.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Contributing Member

I might not say article marketing is the best way to get benefits as there are many other ways to go by. But more than the backlinks, it provides us in other benefits like:
1. Your website reputation and conversion ratio
2. Your site will immediately notice by SEs
3. Well, it’s free method to come by
Check out more details about this at: The Advantages of Article Marketing Promotion!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Banned

There are a lot of ways for promoting your blog one of them is articles writing i think its a easy cheap and reliable way. and its still alive

Old 08-11-2010, 02:08 AM

how much do you pay for an article?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:04 PM

yes it's alive and forever..

I submit daily articles in ezinearticles.com

and it's very effective in getting backlinks and traffic..

I can write for you also..

what's your requirement??

Article Marketing is always alive till IMS and SEO alive

Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

I think it is a good way to get traffic to your blog and articles come up in the search engines and also google alerts.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbncruz View Post
If you are going to promote your blog, I think it would be more useful to use social networking sites or social bookmarks. Article Marketing is more on raising serps.
I agree with you. I too was going to say the same thing. Article marketing and keeping your content useful and updated in the life of the internet and is what drives search engines crazy in sending free traffic to your site. The more unique articles one produces, the more traffic you receive. Just take a look at Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg is like the biggest article site on the web today, catering to the financial world. But yet, his entire site is nothing more than a dressed up online article directory, but in a very sophisticated fashion...

Hopefully, everything I mentioned sounds motivating enough in cranking out useful article content that your visitors will love and come back for more!

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 08-29-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:54 PM
v7n Mentor

Article marketing is a great way to promote your site (albeit not the only tool you should be using).

Yes, it does take some time to build up momentum. (I've had people ask me why their traffic wasn't soaring after posting 8 articles - doesn't work that fast!) However, article marketing gives you results that can last for months or even years. Think about it - you never know when someone will find an article that you published, like it, click on your link, and become a very loyal customer. A friend of mine recently sold a few ebooks off of articles she had written a year earlier!

The key, though, is to consistently create great articles. You can't just slap something together, post it on Ezine Articles, and wait for the traffic to roll in.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member

I guess article marketing is still alive and is still effective..

writing a well constructed article with all the information readers have to know about your niche is one..

Old 09-02-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlinebusinessideas View Post

Regards,
Yes this is good but still one thing i could suggest you is :

Make your appearances everywhere you can. Show your face on as many sites as you possibly can.
You can do this by commenting on other blogs, participating in other social media avenues and guest posting.
Just go there and get it done !

Old 09-06-2010, 03:55 AM

Article marketing is best way to promote your site. You can get one way permanent back link for your site.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:37 AM
v7n Mentor

From my experience "Article Marketing" works. I have a number of e-commerce sites which I have written articles about, and posted them on PRweb and other sites as "Press releases" or submitted to sites such as "ezine". It has been a great help in getting my brand name out there and additionally provides links. I was really surprised by how many places I was finding my articles on the web. It is also great for my business, because the article content is unique to my niche and would prove difficult for competitors to piggyback my content. So I would try to integrate branding in your article, rather than just write general content articles that anyone can use. My answer would be YES it works and it is another great tool to promote your site.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebeckett View Post
Article marketing is a great way to promote your site (albeit not the only tool you should be using).

Yes, it does take some time to build up momentum. (I've had people ask me why their traffic wasn't soaring after posting 8 articles - doesn't work that fast!) However, article marketing gives you results that can last for months or even years. Think about it - you never know when someone will find an article that you published, like it, click on your link, and become a very loyal customer. A friend of mine recently sold a few ebooks off of articles she had written a year earlier!

The key, though, is to consistently create great articles. You can't just slap something together, post it on Ezine Articles, and wait for the traffic to roll in.

You took the words right out of my mouth. When we write, publish and promote articles online, it's important to always be as informative as one can be in the article writing and article marketing. One thing I noticed alot of online publishers do is write a quick article, just to be writing. You have to write , engage the reader, and keep their interest at heart , in order to keep them coming back. If your article content is compelling to people online, you're virtually guaranteed to not only make money, but to build a successful million dollar online company just from article marketing alone. But, it's surely NOT going to be an overnight process. You must stay the course in order to prevail online...

Old 09-06-2010, 06:31 AM

Article Marketing is still my number 1 choice for link building.

It allows me to get quality links from High-PR sites without much work

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread