Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

original an dunique content is best...No robots pls

Old 09-18-2010, 02:34 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
Goodbye

Again I think I depends on your marketing strategy. If you build one or two sites that are content rich and are building relationships with your readers, article spinners can damage that reputation. If, however, you do adsense or affiliate sites where you expect to meet the need once and then acquire new customers spinners can be effective in getting you up the SERPs so you can acquire new one-time customers.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 AM

I can see the point that it is from a seo and quality perspective critical.
Anyway would like to try it out - and check if result for are usable for low quality sites.
Does somebody know a open source fee content spinner?
Kind regards, Tom

Old 09-25-2010, 04:23 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
Goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo W View Post
Show that you do know your 'stuff' by writing it, for others to learn from!
You can easily spin articles that you personally write. I do it all the time. It's not the spinning that is an issue, it's the quality of the writing.

Many people do not write their own work and it is fine and they even make millions off it. Shadow writing is huge business

Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 PM

When people think of spinning they think of auto generated content, I think spinning has it's uses but really the insinuation is that you are trying to play a trick on the engines. I sometimes spin my blogs if I am also submitting them to the article directories, this way they have something original and it's not repeat content from my site...

Old 11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with spinning an article (though this depends on ones definition of spinning)

Read the small print also

If you write an article and then manually spin it so that it reads well but is just phrased differently, this is perfectly acceptable as one must remember that even people understand things better when things are put in a different way.

The secrete to spinning an article is:

1, Spin it manually.
2, Make sure that it reads just as good as the original.
3, Make sure that if any paragraphs within article 1 are interchanged with article 2, they still make sense and run smoothly across each other.

By following the above, you will find that your 2 articles will be of different size (word count) and this will work well within the search engines.

So to answer this, I would say that spinning can work perfectly, it is just having the sense to do it properly and not with spinning programs that work on changing synonyms etc, because if you think that Google aren't advanced enough to have a theasurus and a word count built into their complexed algorithms, you may want to think again

Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 PM

It spoils your reputation if the user comes to know that it is copied. Try to write your own because users love to read fresh and its the basic thing to value your website. The content must make the user to stay rather than going away by giving them the same old content.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I have to agree with G10. It depends on ones idea of "spinning". Personally, I use The Best Spinner, and heard someone earlier say it wasn't worth it. I would say that is only because they never took the time out to really learn how to properly use it.

That spinner is truly a time saver for me. Now, I NEVER put spun content on my own sites, and use them only for article distribution.

I am generally the author of the original article, which gets submitted somewhere like Ezine.. then that article spun and sent out to other, "less strict" article directories. Now, there are two options in that plugin... EVERYONES FAV & YOUR FAVs... I never use "Everyones Favs"...

I took an article that had MANY synonyms and went through that article word for word and saved each synonym to "My Favs".... this took nearly an hour and a half to really get it right... and I have heard some people spread it out over 3-5 articles to get their own favs set right.... but once they are set, the next article (and the rest from then on) are extremely quick and high quality, especially for a spinner. I have had much better quality article this way than I have some times when I outsource articles.

I guarantee that if you have never read the "original" copy article, and just ran across one of my spun articles, you wouldn't be able to tell.

Which, this goes back to G10's statement, it depends on ones definition of "spinning".

My $0

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web