Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Contributing Member

Do NOT Spin Your Articles

Spinning text means taking your articles and rewriting them in various ways. There are robots that do this.

This is 5 reasons why spinning is not good, and original content is better:

Here you have 5 reasons why you should write original content:

1. Readers like fresh content

Readers enjoy reading something they haven't read before. It doesn't have to be about a completely new topic, but even your opinion about something is more interesting than a spin article.

2. Readers want information

New information, or an explanation of known information. If someone wants to know something, they have Wikipedia. If it's not already there, you may have something interesting to talk about. Yes, I know, everything is online already, but you can explain something, give examples or transform something into a step by step guide. Readers love simplified info.

3. Readers will come

You might be tempted to use duplicate content, but try not to. Original content will get you back links and you will, eventually, rank properly in Google. You have to be patient and the goodies will come. You are building an asset that will give you a return in the long run, remember that.

4. It generates trust

Original content will get your readers to trust you. They know there is a human being on the other side. They see your writing style and know you are the one talking to them, not a robot or a guy that pushes 50 articles per day to earn a few dollars. They think that if you are taking the time to write, is because you care and most likely, you do.

5. Your opinion matters

It's good to know that someone enjoys reading what you write. It gives you that feeling of accomplishment. Imagine succeeding because your writings made you famous, how nice is that? If it's your content, and readers like it, you are important, your opinion matters, and that's good.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Banned

What do you use for social bookmarking, and how does that workout for you?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewryMedia View Post
What do you use for social bookmarking, and how does that workout for you?
I use Facebook - friends and fan pages. You have people fan your site and you ask them to suggest the page to all their friends. Also, you can post original content there, even if it's content from other websites. If you give the impression you are trying to sell something, they will look the other way.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:42 PM

That may be true, but I use spun articles for creating links back to my site. In that case I am not so concerned about how they read but more about whether they make sense and if so then they will create a valid backlink.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:52 PM

more article contain anchor text to your site meaning more backlink to your web..as a result, you get more traffic your site and backlink is google requirement to make your page get high rank..

spun article and submit it to high PR make your landing page more excellent in the eyes of google spider..

after using various type of article spinner..i preffer to use The Best Spinner to spin my article..the article was spinner in control in other word it spin your article with possible meaning...

Old 09-07-2010, 10:34 PM

I guess unless people are using a completely automated spinner, it doesn't even really save time, in my opinion.

I have and used to use the Best Spinner from time to time and it's not worth it, really. It's always been way faster for me to just sit down and spit out 5 100 word paragraphs on a subject and produce a great article.

So if you write your own stuff, a spinner is completely unnecessary. For people who totally unethically rip someone else's content and spin it, I can see the use but condemn that practice.

For those who don't want to write their own stuff and don't want to be unethical, use ArticleZ. Cheap, relatively good articles that actually make sense, as opposed to spun articles that sound like broken English!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:39 PM

What will happen when everything about everything has already been said?

Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

Spinning articles are getting less effective in the world of SEO.
If you are writing articles for the sake of generating traffic to your site, then obviously you should always keep your content fresh and original.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
That may be true, but I use spun articles for creating links back to my site. In that case I am not so concerned about how they read but more about whether they make sense and if so then they will create a valid backlink.
Unfortunately, though, at the same time, you're giving a really bad first impression to your readers. Someone who stumbles across your article isn't going to think that you're just trying to get quick backlinks - they're going to think you're uneducated.

If you aren't concerned about 'how they read', you're never going to get full results out of your content.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
There will always be an overlap to what has been said and what has not yet been discovered. There will always be something to talk about so as long as new events occur, time moves onward, and people can communicate. (this is called development)

Note: we are not talking about traveling on our chariots, wearing tree branches, and holding sticks to defend against dinosaurs. Times are changing. New times call for new discussion... always.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by three3stooges View Post
more article contain anchor text to your site meaning more backlink to your web..as a result, you get more traffic your site and backlink is google requirement to make your page get high rank..

spun article and submit it to high PR make your landing page more excellent in the eyes of google spider..

after using various type of article spinner..i preffer to use The Best Spinner to spin my article..the article was spinner in control in other word it spin your article with possible meaning...

I don't see those spun articles showing up too much in the top Google search results. Maybe Google is catching on? Have you participated on Low PR forums and high PR forums? You can see the difference in how they moderate the pages... The low PR forums allow more spam and (low quality, "spun" text), while the high PR forums delete it and ban these members. In fact, I just got called out for that on v7n forums by HTMLbasictutor. I put an article on this forum with the intent to share it here with the members. I didn't think about duplicate content. It was deleted, I was warned, and I lost reputation points. And v7n.com holds a high page rank for that reason.

Last edited by howboutthat; 09-08-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Contributing Member

Well, I think that it doesnt matter in 1 case:
If you have unique web content thats right
If you want promote your site(build back links) - thats right if you using article spinner(Iam using magic article spinner, magic article submitter from Alex Krulik) - spinned articles - note, you gain faster better position on the net with your BLinks if your spunned articles are passed through copyscape - detects content on the web

Old 09-10-2010, 06:28 PM

( for back links sake) What if there was a way to still get the speed of spinning articles, but they had better grammar? I think alot of people's fears of spinning would be gone.. What do you think?

Last edited by snakeair; 09-10-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: link removed

Old 09-12-2010, 09:48 PM

I agree the OP is right. However, the better title should be
Quote:
Do NOT Spin Your Articles, if you can write

Old 09-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Contributing Member

How about in blog? It just serve as one of my source in creating links going to my website?

Old 09-18-2010, 04:51 AM
v7n Mentor

Unique, detailed and original content will keep traffic coming (AND returning) to your site.
It is personally rewarding to produce your own work, from your own knowledge and experience. 'Spun' articles are easy to spot, and just never make full sense! Grammar is poor, and they give the reader the impression that you do not know the subject being discussed, and have a low standard of education. Neither may be the case, but why risk a poor professional reputation? Show that you do know your 'stuff' by writing it, for others to learn from!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
Like everything that can be invented has been invented?

Old 09-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

Dont rely on robots for articles. It wont help you.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member

exactly robot articles is only a waste of time i also prefer original content

Old 09-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

Its more to do with time isnt it, write great articles and PR can take time, spinning saves time and creates more backlinks from pretty much the same matertial.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web