Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

7 Steps to Writing Good SEO Copy that Humans Will Read

Another good catchy title on the seo.com blog. I am glad it's Friday and on this Friday night, we have a good article to read. lol

Quote:
Today, there are really two purposes of website content:

*To communicate with search engines

*To communicate with website visitors

The problem is, search engines and site visitors speak different languages.

And that right there is the paradox. If you write it solely for the search engines, you may get better rankings but visitors will bounce off your site before they can read your second stuffed keyword. If you write just for visitors, it’s likely nobody will find your site to read your beautiful verbiage anyway.

It’s a delicate balance communicating with search engines and people at the same time, or in other words, mix good, persuasive writing with the right SEO keywords. Talented writers can do it seamlessly, however, without sounding like they speak a foreign language. Here are 7 steps to writing good SEO copy that doesn’t suck:
Continued at: 7 Steps to Writing Good SEO Copy

I really like number 2 the most....... In fact, i like all 7 steps.

Anyone have any comments on this article? If you would like to go into more details for each step, please go right ahead. For the folks who do this for a living, writing a good copy is nothing for you. Folks like me still learning and editing a lot. (sometimes pay people) Please share any thoughts that you have.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Contributing Member

Last time, I had trouble developing the idea to write an article when glued with keyword density. Today, I finished my article and then I think about its keyword... :-)

Thanks for sharing... GBU

Old 10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

@snakeair,This is really a great problem for a lot of content writers, I read the article mentioned on your provided link and sounds good. But as there are two things we have to carry simultaneously on a balance. Doesn't it hard to work out. If we write for viewers then we will hardly be recognized by search engines, because while writing for others we will have to take care of keyword stuffing. It means, the same page which may bring traffic related to 5-8 keyword will only make out with 2-3 as we are not going to make those posts messy.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Contributing Member

I get content from a content writer. I always ask her for balance the keyword density and she uses a keyword not more than 3 times in a 500 to 600 words. And I think that really works well.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

10 Super Easy SEO Copywriting Tips for Improved Link Building

*Moderator Bump*

Found a good blog post on the SEOmoz blog i'd share on here before thinking about going to bed or watching t.v. for a little while.

Quote:
Compare the two posts below, both written by the exact same SEO expert and each containing around the same number of words. Without knowing the subject, can you guess which post earned more links?

Please see blog post for the screenshot that goes here. ~Snakeair

The “secrets” of copywriting have existed since before the ancient Greeks. Generations of Don Drapers have perfected the craft. Today we use computer analysis and data mining to uncover the most effective SEO practices. Rand’s early peak at the Ranking Factors hints at some of these factors. My colleague Casey Henry conducted a study of link-worthy material that included elements such as title length and word frequency. Fantastic stuff and I hope he does another such study soon.

So why don’t more authors take advantage? Why all the cardboard looking blog posts?

Here’s the takeaway. To earn links, use copywriting to organize your content.
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/10-super-...-link-building

Please share your thoughts on the 10 tips mentioned in this blog post. If you disagree with one, then provide a reason why. The more tips the better.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web