Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How to Beat “Invisible Content Syndrome”

Any of you bloggers run into this issue at some point in time? Please take a look at this blog post from the copyblogger blog.

Quote:
If you had known how hard it would be when you first started your blog, would you have done it at all?

You had a topic you cared about. You thought you had something to say. And you had $10 to register a domain name.

But you’ve been writing (and writing and writing) and it’s all just words into the void.

No readers. No tweets. No stumbles. No comments.

Just … silence.

I hate to break this to you, but you have Invisible Content Syndrome. Fortunately, this condition is curable.

Invisible Content Syndrome is an equal-opportunity menace. It doesn’t just hit lazy people, or people who don’t care about good content. In fact, every blog starts out this way.

But some grow out of it quickly, while others get stuck there.

And being stuck with Invisible Content Syndrome is amazingly frustrating. So let’s get you out.
Continued at: Invisible Content Syndrome

Your thoughts? Don't be afraid to just write on your blog. Share any tips or comments about this blog post. Don't be shy...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 03:30 PM
v7n Mentor

Great post as always, Snake. Hopefully some of the blog owners on here will read it and apply it! Publishing "just anything" on your blog isn't good enough. There are millions of blogs out there. If you really want to stand out, you have to give readers a reason to choose YOUR blog out of everyone else's. It takes work and time. Unfortunately, there are too many people out there who want instant gratification, and don't want to put in the effort.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Hello snakeair! This is my first time to hear about invisible content. I was alarmed when i saw your post and think if my content are also invisible but I guess It’s not, because some points here to be visible are the things that i usually did from time and time. Funny things i've experienced about being visible content blogs, when i start again my new blog 2 weeks ago after giving effort to tweets, post in fb, etc. I've received 9 comments and found all comments comes from spam :LOL:

Old 10-25-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiabmovers View Post
Hello snakeair! This is my first time to hear about invisible content. I was alarmed when i saw your post and think if my content are also invisible but I guess It’s not, because some points here to be visible are the things that i usually did from time and time. Funny things i've experienced about being visible content blogs, when i start again my new blog 2 weeks ago after giving effort to tweets, post in fb, etc. I've received 9 comments and found all comments comes from spam :LOL:
I've virtually got rid of all the spam submitters with another plugin which helps me out. (Get's rid of the people trying to use software to submit blog comments)

<Offtopic>This is it</Offtopic>

Thanks for the response aiabmovers and nicolebeckett. I hope to see more blog owners respond to this blog post.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Banned

Thanks Snakeair! It will help a lot. I want to accept good comments from my blog and when I received comments from spam, sometimes i'm thinking to closed the comment box. But maybe this plug-in will surely help. Thanks man!!! SnakeAir -->

Old 11-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Contributing Member

That's the situation that my current blog, suffering from invisible content syndrome. Th first part was taken care of from the onset content wise, but folks havent' come to what we've built.

Old 11-13-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.reed View Post
That's the situation that my current blog, suffering from invisible content syndrome. Th first part was taken care of from the onset content wise, but folks havent' come to what we've built.
I don't want to get to offtopic but have you tried focusing on social media marketing? I noticed you have the buttons on your site. Have you tried also posting on sports forums...etc

Visit our Marketing section for some tips or to get more questions/suggestions with your current issue answered.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I don't want to get to offtopic but have you tried focusing on social media marketing? I noticed you have the buttons on your site. Have you tried also posting on sports forums...etc

Visit our Marketing section for some tips or to get more questions/suggestions with your current issue answered.
Ya I've given it a go for a few months and continuing now. So far no dice. A post here reflects what Iv'e tried to spread the word.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web