Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/
http://www.articlechecker.com/
http://www.copyscape.com

All 3 of these work well. I usually write my own but use dustball if I have it outsourced.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

There are many tools that you can use to check duplicate content. If you have the URL of the content you wish to check, use COPYSCAPE. If you don't have the URL but you have the Word copy, you can paste the content/article in Plagiarisma or smallseotool's plagiarism checker.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

Tools, or direct search may help. I think it is possible to invent your own style features which would help yoг to protect the content from copying and plagiarism.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ldf1re View Post
I had been "spinning" my content from my main website to other new sites, just as a temporary measure to give the search engines enough content to index. I checked them with Plagiarisma first, then submitted them and Google indexed them. I have now checked with CopyScape and it flags the spun content as duplicate. Perhaps that is why Bing has not yet indexed the new sites... and perhaps it is why many people swear that Bing gives better results than Google.
I would delete all the double content, you site can be hit by the panda update and get banned / sandboxed by Google.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...e-recover.html

About Bing itīs very slow to index new websites, and this also one of the reasons that i sucks big time.!

To your question about why some ppl swear to Bing, well itīs like Apple som like it but others donīt. Everyone has their own preferences, not that there is always logic behind these choices as is the case with Bing imo.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0ldf1re View Post
I had been "spinning" my content from my main website to other new sites, just as a temporary measure to give the search engines enough content to index. I checked them with Plagiarisma first, then submitted them and Google indexed them. I have now checked with CopyScape and it flags the spun content as duplicate. Perhaps that is why Bing has not yet indexed the new sites... and perhaps it is why many people swear that Bing gives better results than Google.
Is that so? Well, thank you for informing me. I have been using Plagiarisma but I didn't have any problem perhaps because I don't spin content. I just wanted to check that my articles/contents are not exactly the same as what other websites have. I think I'll try checking Bing's result as well.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

There are many duplicate checker available online. There are even software that allows you to know the quality of an article.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalicia18 View Post
There are many duplicate checker available online. There are even software that allows you to know the quality of an article.
Can you recommend one that has not been mentioned already in this thread?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

Usually I am used copyscape.com , but for free account we a very limit number of scans per month

Old 06-19-2011, 02:27 AM
Contributing Member

btw copyscape allows a limited number of pages from one domain for free, you would have to pay them to check all your content ..

Old 06-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmerGurchani View Post
btw copyscape allows a limited number of pages from one domain for free, you would have to pay them to check all your content ..
There is a way around the limit.
You can copy all the text from your website into a static html page, and the just check that page.

I use it that way to check my link directory for double content.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Banned

i Use copyscape to check duplicate content.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmerGurchani View Post
True. If you want free duplicate content checker, you can use http://www.smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

I never used any other tool except copyscape to chk duplicate content. But now I got some new tools. I would like to use all that.

--------------------
[removed]

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 06-20-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Use " " quotes to search the exact terms in the Google, this is most effective way to check the duplicate articles over the web. For example if you want to check the duplicate articles for the phrase - It should be pretty obvious if someone has just given you a copy pasta.

You can google it like "It should be pretty obvious if someone has just given you a copy pasta."

Thats all.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by site24xindia View Post
You can google it like "It should be pretty obvious if someone has just given you a copy pasta."
Thanks. I'll remember that if I suspect somebody of posting spaghetti spam.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannah is awesome View Post
There are several things you can do to avoid the duplicate content filter like http://www.webconfs.com/similar-page-checker.php. This can help you create unique content, or even address the issue of someone borrowing or copying your content without your permission.

Here 's some guideline on how to find a website with duplicated issues: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/h...t-issues/7202/
Thanks for the information..
DO you know other websites like copyscape which are free and can make exct searches?

Old 09-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

I just checked my site on copyscape and found that a blog following website has the text of my content. Does google discount them and give me credit for my work or is it just too bad?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspernick View Post
I just checked my site on copyscape and found that a blog following website has the text of my content. Does google discount them and give me credit for my work or is it just too bad?
It kinda depends on which page it is.!

If it's a normal website/blog, then they don't get anything out if it. They can actually get sandboxed for it, because it's double content.

But if it' a large site, you can actually loose traffic because of it. Here in Denmark we have a blog that writes about recipes, and a large news paper stole there text. And instead of getting hammered on double content, they got ahead the blog in the search results.

But I would write their host about it, so that it get taken down.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:50 AM

If I have 2 pages with the same contents (a text box). Does it count as duplicate content?

Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew12 View Post
if you search on google it will show you numerous link to check the data replication on another site with all the same content, i will suggest you some of the checker which will surely beneficial to you like Copyscape, Similar Pagechecker, Article checker, Duplicate content tool etc.
There are lots of mentioned software in order for you to check the duplicate
contents. You can also type the exact article title in Google and definitely you will
see if there is an article existing just like what you have.

Last edited by snakeair; 10-03-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread