Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 11-18-2010, 06:28 AM

Writing an article

In writing an article how many times a key word is allow to repeat in the article body

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 03:54 AM
Banned

As far as i know, some search engines implemented a certain limit of using keywords in any article. Like Google, for example, does not like keywords more than 2% in a post.Other search engines allow higher percentage.

I usually go for 1 to 3%t keyword saturation depending on how long the article is. If my article is 500 words, the maximum amount of times I would use would be 2 or maybe 3 times. Try to use your targeted keywords in the first few words.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

Dont too concern on the keyword density but it will be better if you can control it in 2~3%

Old 11-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

No Restrictions

To be fair, there are no such restrictions. But its recommended that it should be 2-2.5%. More than that would just be dumping. i guess if you are writing a article and sticking to the topic, you'll have just the right amount of density.!

Old 11-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

If you write your article naturally without concentrating on its ranking on search engines, be sure that it will help you and the density of keywords will be optimized on it. So i suggest you to write your article naturally without considering these factors. But if you want to know an estimation about it, its usually about 3%.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

The best approach is to make sure your article is written in language people actually speak - not SEO ESL.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:13 AM

I have always found this piece of information to be very helpful:

Spiders cannot speak a language. They use a mathematical formula to figure out what a page is about. They also use a mathematical formula to tell when the writer is stuffing keywords rather than speaking naturally.

These are attempts by search engines to penalize artificial methods and reward genuine methods.

That being the case, I have, for nearly 20 years, practiced writing about the topic with laser-like precision, not straying from that topic, and writing about it naturally.

For that same amount of time, I have been richly rewarded with high rankings and a life which is largely devoid of worry about mathematical forumlas.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Contributing Member

4-5 times is enough. Some article directories won't accept your article if the keyword density is above 4%.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 PM

2 to 3% in the body of the article, then though you want to use the keyword in the title, description and bio box.
If you have more then that Ezine will get funny with it, though they may still accept if the article is top quality.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

As far as the Keyword density is concerned it is always advisable to have 2-3% of keywords in one article in order to have optimum results. If the keywords are more than that then it is called as keyword stuffing which is not really favorable from SEO point of view.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web