Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Articles Promote Blog/What Promotes Articles?

I have done article marketing, but my articles don't seem to do much for me. So than I think I should be promoting my articles. But aren't my articles supposed to be promoting my blog? What is all of this link wheel stuff?

I just want more traffic and to move up in the serps. I will read any book that is suggested, I am just sick of spinning in circles.

Anyone have any good advice on how to make article marketing work for me? Point me in the right direction?

I want more traffic because I want to help more people...I'm not trying to rank for big money keywords or anything like that. I just want to spread my message and if I make some money at the same time, that's awesome. I'm just struggling with getting search engine traffic right now. I get a good amount from social networking, blog commenting and guest posting. Search engines...not so much. Help?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 10:51 PM

The theory is that a keyword rich article, posted in a popular directory (high SERP) will get picked up by the SEs and rank high for a search.
Then the reader will follow the article link back to your blog/site.

The trick is to use the "right" keyword/s......
How are your articles ranking in the search results?
If they are not high, then it is time to review your keywords....
Or your product/service..
The KWs may be too competitive....or the product not popular...

It is possible to have high search KW for something that people search, but do not buy...

What you might try is posting the article to your blog, then to a directory and then link to the directory. But that may not accomplish your end goal....
Hope that helps a little...

Old 12-06-2010, 06:09 AM

My articles aren't ranking too high, but I'm verrrry new at this. I might not be writing them as SEO friendly as I think.

I'm not sure I think my keywords are too competitive...but it definitely isn't something someone buys. In fact just the opposite. It's more in the saving money niche.

I like the idea of sending my existing traffic to bump up my article popularity though. So the same exact article though?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

You should consider many factors when you want to write articles and one of them is keyword density. Its better that the density of your main keywords in your articles to be less than 4%. It can be changed but usually webmasters write articles with 3%-5% keyword density.
And also you should make backlinks for your articles if you want to rank them higher in search engines. You can submit those articles to social bookmarking sites or spin them and publish them in your blogs with a link to them.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member

Ok..Create a blog..start writing Quality stuff..Update fresh content always and ping them...if ur concerned much about traffic then start social bookmarking your blog..keep remember..updating fresh content always is very vital and bookmarking brings good traffic..and if u want increase SERPS..gather backlinks as much as u can from other things..Article marketing is really beneficial regarding backlinks and SERPS

Old 12-06-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherS View Post
My articles aren't ranking too high, but I'm verrrry new at this. I might not be writing them as SEO friendly as I think.

I'm not sure I think my keywords are too competitive...but it definitely isn't something someone buys. In fact just the opposite. It's more in the saving money niche.

I like the idea of sending my existing traffic to bump up my article popularity though. So the same exact article though?
I would do a re-write on the article.....keeping the basic thought line....
Also concerning spinning articles...I am not a big fan of spinners....
particularly for a personal contact blog like yours....

Even a "good" spinner can quickly lose the personality of the original author....I believe that is the secret of a successful personalized blog.

You can also download a free copy of Market Samari and it can show competitiveness among keywords...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web