Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Emotions that Trigger Reader Action

Any of you follow the problogger blog? If you do, you might of already read this blog post i'm about to share. Read it before responding.

Quote:
Earlier in the week I wrote an email to ProBlogger PLUS subscribers that talked about deepening reader engagement by aiming at the hearts of your readers.

In it, I shared an example from FeelGooder of a personal story post that I wrote that got a great reaction from readers.

As I wrote that email it struck me that my example post was only one example of a type of post that engaged the emotions of readers.

People are emotional beings and, as a result, when they’re engaged, that often leads to actions (both positive and negative).

As bloggers, many of us are interested in getting our readers active in....
Continued at: Emotions that Trigger Reader Action

Your thoughts on this blog post are more then welcomed. Do you have anything to add to the 7 listed emotions that Darren mentioned?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

How to Capture Your Readerís Attention

Alright, i got another good blog post for ya'll to read. Don't worry your hair is not on fire right now.

Quote:
ďOH MY GOD! Your hair is on fire!Ē

Well, thatís probably not true. I only said it to get your attention.

Getting attention is the most important part of online marketing. No matter how brilliant your ideas are, you canít even offer them to your prospect unless youíve made her look in your direction first.

You have to get your prospectís attention before you can turn her into a reader, let her know how wonderful you are, or sell her something.

Do I have your attention yet?

Good. Now Iíll show you how to get someone elseís.
Continued at: http://www.copyblogger.com/capture-reader-attention/

Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Very interesting post

As I read it, I was thinking about the applicability of this advice - that is, using emotion or evoking emotion in your posts. Let's say your blog is concerned with technical subjects such as web design or programming. What kind of posts would you write that could leverage this technique? Offhand I can think of one that I've seen on a couple of blogs (at least I thought it was somewhat intentional) - make a somewhat sweeping statement about a particular product/technology/approach to start a 'debate' - although you have to be VERY careful that you don't come off as an arrogant ... you know what...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Any of you follow the problogger blog? If you do, you might of already read this blog post i'm about to share. Read it before responding.

Continued at: Emotions that Trigger Reader Action

Your thoughts on this blog post are more then welcomed. Do you have anything to add to the 7 listed emotions that Darren mentioned?

Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM
v7n Mentor

Although I agree with the bulk of this thread and things presented, we must realize that none of this matters without our ability to establish authority with our readers. It basically stems from credibility and the likes, and without those things, we can generate all the emotions we wish, but if they lack the comfort in dealing with our offers or advice, because we lack authority or credibility, none of it works. Emotions generated do nothing unless their is a compelling point of action. Action is most times absent without trust and authority. So although I agree with the connotations of the post, lets not put the cart before the horse and forget about the groundwork required before hand.

I offer this as some may view this thread thinking they can generate powerful emotions and make money over night or something. That is not the case without what I said above.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devTastic View Post
As I read it, I was thinking about the applicability of this advice - that is, using emotion or evoking emotion in your posts. Let's say your blog is concerned with technical subjects such as web design or programming. What kind of posts would you write that could leverage this technique? Offhand I can think of one that I've seen on a couple of blogs (at least I thought it was somewhat intentional) - make a somewhat sweeping statement about a particular product/technology/approach to start a 'debate' - although you have to be VERY careful that you don't come off as an arrogant ... you know what...
I was thinking this too as I was reading the article. I wished they had given some examples of the types of things you could do to evoke that emotion in your reader.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member

Not to be too critical, but when I saw this thread I was excited to read the article, and when I did I was disappointed. Honestly, the info seemed pretty basic to me. I was hoping they would write something that I hadn't thought of before. Joy? Anger? Fear? Of course evoking these emotions will further engage your reader. How about tips on HOW to evoke these emotions...this would be a helpful article!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelCorrine View Post
Not to be too critical, but when I saw this thread I was excited to read the article, and when I did I was disappointed. Honestly, the info seemed pretty basic to me. I was hoping they would write something that I hadn't thought of before. Joy? Anger? Fear? Of course evoking these emotions will further engage your reader. How about tips on HOW to evoke these emotions...this would be a helpful article!
Dig into their site Corrine, more "in depth" information is around there, I've used the site myself

Old 03-04-2011, 06:33 AM

Those given emotions I am targeting for long time while I am doing copyrighting. I am doing it in my native language, but hope to do copyrighting in this level on English as well. But seems a long way to go!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:47 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledlauzis View Post
Those given emotions I am targeting for long time while I am doing copyrighting. I am doing it in my native language, but hope to do copyrighting in this level on English as well. But seems a long way to go!

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
It takes time, just as I'm sure I'd have problems with your language as well. Just keep at it, you'll eventually get there

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web