Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 AM

Question Is it allowed?

Is it allowed to upload the same article to different article submission site?

what do you often do to increase efficiency (write as many articles as possible)?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

The way to increase efficiency is to use article spinning software. You provide a lot of different options for different phrases and it randomly picks a phrase or term from them. May not produce the best copy. Takes time to put in the options.

If you want a lot of different articles, try writing "10 Ways to Improve Your Onpage SEO" and instead of one article make it ten.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Contributing Member

Many directories approve only unique contents for listing. But some accepts copy content but there is change of receiving penalty for duplicate contents. I would say you must rewrite the article several times to make it unique. This can be done by using variations in the content by different phrase and keywords. And also use different titles when you submit to various directories.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilhilginger View Post
Many directories approve only unique contents for listing. But some accepts copy content but there is change of receiving penalty for duplicate contents. I would say you must rewrite the article several times to make it unique. This can be done by using variations in the content by different phrase and keywords. And also use different titles when you submit to various directories.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecloud View Post
Is it allowed to upload the same article to different article submission site?

what do you often do to increase efficiency (write as many articles as possible)?
If you are after ezine, articlebase, and the like, I'd suggest that you rewrite the article. I have experimented with spinned content, and yes - they accept it, but it should pass the copyscape check and should be readable. So, make sure you read what you spinned. Same goes for all other directories.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:31 AM

I always find the more unique the content the better. There's nothing worse than reading something that's clearly been edited using software and is barely readable. Keep it fresh and unique!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributing Member

Agreed, if you are going to submit the article to more than one of the major sites, then you need to rewrite the article, not just spin it in my opinion. Once you have your base article it should be easier just to reword and retool it from there and come up with a few different versions. If you are using the smallest article directories, then spinning is not to much of a problem.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_touch View Post
Agreed, if you are going to submit the article to more than one of the major sites, then you need to rewrite the article, not just spin it in my opinion. Once you have your base article it should be easier just to reword and retool it from there and come up with a few different versions. If you are using the smallest article directories, then spinning is not to much of a problem.
Just to add to that, it is not a good idea to use the same signature for every article, it makes more sense to have different anchors. Same goes for guest posts - the signature text has to be in at least several different versions that you send to different bloggers.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:50 AM
Contributing Member

If you own the article, you can do whatever you want with it. Just remember that submitting it to article directories might reduce the traffic (google will find them on these sites rather than on yours)

Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clorets01 View Post
If you own the article, you can do whatever yohttp://www.v7n.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1588838u want with it. Just remember that submitting it to article directories might reduce the traffic (google will find them on these sites rather than on yours)
It is not only that, if you submit your article to a more authoritative article directory (higher PR, older domain that yours, etc.), google may take it as published on this website first and copied to yours. So, now you have copied content. Besides, if you submit an article to a directory, which links to the same article on your website, of what value is it to the reader? Of none.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 AM

i think thatthe policy to write as many articles as possible is not very good coz the quality of your articles will be not very high, but if you need to write several articles in a short time perion then try to find an idea which can be widely described)

Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilisa View Post
i think thatthe policy to write as many articles as possible is not very good coz the quality of your articles will be not very high, but if you need to write several articles in a short time perion then try to find an idea which can be widely described)
Even if you spin an article, that will take you (or at least me) about two hours - I try to find a couple of synonyms for all words if possible. Then, I do take the time to read each and every spin before I use them in any way. I don't think that's a quick way to do it, but I can't submit crap either. What happens is that on reading the 20th spin, I am tired of even the best article. So, I try to make them quality, not something fabulous, of course, but I now hate the text .

But anyhow, if you re-write and submit a text just to get a link back, it doesn't have to be the post of your life. If you expect some traffic, it won't be from spinned content - you will write the same way as you do for your blogs.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

One other thing: Rather than "spinning" the article, you could take that time to write a new one! The return for the time spent will be much greater.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 AM

Check out this SEO tip of the day. Google has its eyes of article directories and even spinned articles may be in danger.

I also agree with what clorets01 said. Since article directories have more content, Google may see the article from your website as duplicate and penalize you.

Has anyone tried submitting original articles on an article submission site? Something that wouldn’t be on your own site?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

yes article spinning will change the entire article but it will not have any meaning , the grammar will give some non relevant article.
so you have to read it once again and make it understandable format for the user and as well as the the search engines

Old 02-12-2011, 02:06 PM

i have been writing a good few articles these past weeks, Im pretty fed up of it, so i started taking paragraphs from different ones that i have saved and then going through them changing every paragraph slightly and tweaking it here and there. i would hardly think there was a sentence that was exactly the same by the end of this. only took me 20 min to get them ready.

would this be OK?

looked at spinning but have not tried it, seems even they can get caught.

Last edited by highlandtrader; 02-12-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Google translate it to chinese then back to english. Add at the end "sorry for my english xD" and they'll be none the wiser. Free spinning!

What I would recommend doing is writing an article for your site as best as you can, with all the research you need, the correct terminology etc. then quickly re-writing a new article for the directory site(s). It'll be massively quicker the second time around since you'll know what you're going to say / talk about and you'll have all the resources you need.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned

From what I have seen, it is actually allowed. However, if you come across several sites run by the same server (they also often have the same template design), you can expect them to mark your content as a duplicate.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Banned

Yes you can submit same article to many website.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM

1. Brainstorm 10 topics
2. For each of the 10 topics, write, "The Top Ten_________".
3. Then rewrite each of the articles as "The Top Three _______".
4. Finally, for each topic, write, "The Number One ________".

I like that template because it allows me to re-purpose the same information and still sound fresh.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web