Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Are You Creating Meaningful Content?

Don't just say yes or no in this thread, back up your response.

Quote:
Everyone’s creating all this online content, but does it matter?

More importantly, are you accomplishing your goals with the content you deliver, or are you simply spinning your wheels?

Well, if you’re doing it right, your content is highly effective and tightly tied to your ultimate objectives. Otherwise, you’re just filling up space on an ignored web page.

Content marketing is the most effective and lucrative form of online marketing, because it not only works, it also builds a media asset at the same time. So it makes sense to understand exactly what makes content effective, right?

The key is meaning.
More to read at: http://www.copyblogger.com/meaningful-content/

Any thoughts on this blog post? Feel free to post any advice.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
wild, wild life

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
if you’re doing it right, your content is highly effective and tightly tied to your ultimate objectives. Otherwise, you’re just filling up space on an ignored web page.
I felt the same way and wondered whether posting just to be posting was going to be helpful...

Not sure I phrased my questions clearly enough...

I'm not sure I have ultimate objectives...

EDIT:
Just read the article.... It seems to be about something more than the blurb that you quoted...

and still:
Quote:
The Content Holy Grail: Results
What’s better than action? It’s action that leads to beneficial results.

Last edited by stone; 01-12-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Don't just say yes or no in this thread, back up your response.

More to read at: http://www.copyblogger.com/meaningful-content/

Any thoughts on this blog post? Feel free to post any advice.
Well, it's an interesting read, after all - people write reviews to advertise products, with advertisement having one single purpose, make people act on what they read/see, and buy. I think one thing that makes people click on an article/review is the title. If you have a piece of news, for example - you need a catchy title. Another technique is asking the question your audience has asked, e.g. What is the most effective detergent for spotless clean clothes? Then you answer. When the readers see this question they have, they know they are at the right place.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:31 PM
v7n Mentor

Most people ignore #5 to their own detriment. So much easier to "sell" to people who trust you than to continuously find new customers for every single sale.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBarley View Post
If you are writing just to upgrade your website's link-building status
and posting the contents in your own satellites(blogs) it doesn`t matter what the content is...
But if you need the article in order to promote you site/service/product
it is a Must - the content should be relevant.
That's what i do...
I agree, but you shouldn't post thrashy content on your satellites either (spinned articles that make no sense at all). Not that you can't, but it's better to get links from decent sites rather than thrash bins. And if I'd go for satellites, I won't use spinned content, but rewrite some articles. Not that I'll aim at high quality as I'd do for the main domain, but I'll want some decent texts. It doesn't take that much time to rewrite.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I am trying to write meaningful and SEO friendly contents. Thanks for sharing ideas

web design dubai web design dubai

Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 PM
v7n Mentor

The question of whether I do or do not write meaningful content, I believe I do. I modify my voice and delivery to attempt matching it with my reader to make sure they get my intent from the content. I have received emails to back up the fact that they have indeed read, implemented, and benefited from my material. Some may think traffic tells us these things, but traffic only tells us the second on that article. To gauge the rest, we need more than just traffic, and that normally comes in emails and comments of thanks. Websites usually show the last, holy grail, through testimonials.

Just my two cents =)

***EDIT***
Advice, if you're not getting comments and testimonials, you're not engaging your audience. If you're not engaging your audience, then learn ways to do so. One good way is thought provoking and asking questions. Don't just tell them things, ASK them things as well. Telling says you know it all and need nothing further. Asking them tells them you are open to improvements on your information or process. If you are telling, then why would anyone want to waste their valuable time trying to tell you something that you obviously already know? Food for thought.

Last edited by moneyonlinesorg; 02-06-2011 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Missed the advice part.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

With my site content, I have always tried to add relevant information as well as how a certain product would impact their business or help them to run their business properly. My Ezine article and blogs asks a lot of questions, but gives a few answers as well. IMO it's about letting people make an informed decision, but also let them know that I think a certain product would be the best solution. I encourage feedback and even ask visitors If they have any ideas on new applications etc. that would be helpful to add to the product.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Meaningful and eye-catching or attention savvy content I must say. Although that's not what I don't like with the current trend in the media today disguising important information with intriguing titles and sort just to trap readers with their overall content, it's still the right thing to do so that you won't left behind.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I would say that you should always write good content that is useful and meaningful to your audience. These are the people who are going to be visiting your site and recommending it to others.

I think the hardest part of writing is coming up with a good title that is also keyword rich. Someone noted before that it is the title that gets people clicking on your website and that is true. So I wonder if it is better to come up with a catchy title or one that is keyword rich if, for some reason, you are forced to choose between the two.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlack View Post
I would say that you should always write good content that is useful and meaningful to your audience. These are the people who are going to be visiting your site and recommending it to others.

I think the hardest part of writing is coming up with a good title that is also keyword rich. Someone noted before that it is the title that gets people clicking on your website and that is true. So I wonder if it is better to come up with a catchy title or one that is keyword rich if, for some reason, you are forced to choose between the two.
On that question Indigo, I'd er on the side of visibility, especially if you already have forgiving readers. It's better to be seen than found than sacrifice that for a headline that's never seen, in my opinion.

Just my =) <----Thanks Cricket for that, I didn't know it existed as a smiley =) The icons are a bit small, I thought it was something else =) Please make it bigger so I don't have to go get glasses, yet

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web