Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 01-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Forget “Content Production”, Think “Idea Exploration”

Very good blog post on the problogger blog.

Quote:
Since I wrote about creativity, I’ve been considering the issue of getting inspiration for blog posts.

Some who commented on that article said they never have trouble finding post ideas. But others revealed that they really struggle with getting inspiration. Sometimes, they’re struck by it; other times, they have to go out and track it down bodily.

I’ve found that my approach has a lot to do with how many post ideas I have. I wanted to share my approach here, and see if you felt the same way, or take a different approach.

The production trap

The burden of having to “produce” content can be overwhelming to the point where it stops production altogether. Feeling that you need to “produce” to a schedule, or on a regular basis, can make you feel a bit like a machine, and make your content seem like an “output”.

If I take this approach, my writing can become mechanical, my posts formulaic, and my points vague and unfocussed. The last thing I want to be is a...
Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...a-exploration/

Please share your thoughts on the problogger blog and also in this thread.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Very good blog post on the problogger blog.

Continued at: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2...a-exploration/

Please share your thoughts on the problogger blog and also in this thread.
That's a good one. I'll add to the bullet list - think of whether your write-up may not unintentionally insult people from your audience. I've did that once, being my funny little self, writing about pensioners crowding in at the grocery store at the beginning of the month (after receiving their pensions). And I got angry responses... So, there is a line between being creative and writing in a responsible manner.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web